CH.1
275 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

hi, author here how are you doing? I'm in my home right now... apparently, one of my classmates got covied so we can't go because we were close when he started feeling the symptoms... so yea... that's a thing...

how have you been? good? bad? I'm hoping that good

ok now into the chapter and... welp you know the drill ill let you to it.

 

 

Alice looked at her surroundings what called most of her attention was the cracks on the ground from her fall... she knew that for her to be able to survive a fall like that her body must have changed and a lot.


I was walking through the corridor towards where I write my chapters, today I was really happy after all that has happened I managed to get myself a new shotgun.

*sound of talk through a door*

I was passing through the narration room and weirdly enough I heard someone talking... which was weird the guy I contracted to be the narrator should have left my building...

I left my new force multiplier chuck tearer beside the door and took a step back.

I kicked the door open looking at the seated idiot who should be on his way to the afterlife after completing his job

Neemesis_NC: ok I'm going to stop you right there! I told you, Narrator, that you were only needed on the prologue not after, so get out, now!

Narrator turned on his office chair and looked at me a bit worried

Narrator: Wo wo wo you asked me to narrate your story I'm just doing my job, what you asked me to do.

Neemesis_NC: I asked you to narrate the prologue!! the little more than 6k words that that was! now get out before I kick you out!!

Narrator: do you really think that you can kick me out from a story that you already chowed that you are making with a narrator?! you can't kick me I'm already too deep in your story!! I am inevitable!!

I picked up the pump shotgun that I left beside the door with malicious intent

Neemesis_NC: *Chung Chung!* ok bitch you asked for it!!

Narrator: huuu... wait... calm down... can we talk about this...?

Neemesis_NC: you had your chance *bam*

*Chung Chung!*

Narrator: HAAa my knee!!!

he tried to stand up to run away but I kicked his back making him fall

*bam* I shot at his other leg now rendering him "kneeless"

Narrator: HAAa!! fuck!! stop it already! I am just doing my job

*Chung... Chung!*

Neemesis_NC: yea, yea that what they always say... hum? did you leave the recording on? o well... don't worry readers I'll send you to your story. I have to take care of this idiot right here then I'll have to fix the fourth wall...

Narrator: NO!! wait!! you...

*click*


um... was it only me or the sky turned black for a second...

... not important gotta get some money... and clothes... mine are ruined and the more they cover my arms and legs the better...

I moved out of that "alleyway"  but before going towards the main street I tore what remained of my drees and placed it around my arms as a form of a bandage, I also removed a good portion of the remaining cloth to make an improvised scarf even with all that there was still a lot of cloth on the skirt... I also found what remained of my clock... it was nearly cut in half but the chain and the cover still held up but the mechanism was pretty much destroyed... I gripped it strongly... been one of the only memories of my decided mother... before covering it up with the remaining cloth and making a simple sack to carry it and the piece of lance.

finally, I came out to the main street likely it was already around noon so lucky for me not that many people on the streets.

I can't believe that I'm even doing this... but I was finding a lot of copper coins on the ground well not a lot... but just enough for one of the cheapest ins... or a piece of bread... but still... I know I didn't quite like the noble stereotype of life... but this is... a rather extreme change... well with my sight as it is now it was rather easy to find something useful but in any case, I came across a bakery where I bought a simple loaf of bread with the little money I had. after all I haven't eaten anything since this morning... it was a piece of good bread, hard... but good. then I asked the clerk for the location of the adventurers guild.

not long after following the directions, I found the adventurers guild. I said found because I have only come to the city proper once and it was to a clothing store when I was on a date with that jerk... point is that "she" came and it all went downhill...

I entered and found it was relatively empty and it was weird... I looked around as I was heading towards the reception but any place I looked I saw a weird outline of the thing I looked and then some information about said thing appeared... but only on stuff that seemed important like for example the magic lights that were powered by magic stones... it said "energy signature analyzing" it was... weird...

I then got to the reception and found a nice-looking elf lady and that wide line appeared again and it showed me some numbers and a DNA  thingy... I don't get it... in any case, I ignore it and asked for the registration papers which as she handed them to me she explained the system and said that I needed to pass a combat test due to my age... I can't do anything about it so we went towards the test area... I wish I had practiced some offensive magic... but there is none on my affinity... or practiced with the sword at least...

 I got into the test arena and found a really buffed man and I recognized him, he is the acting guild master of this adventurer's guild branch Mr.Jaleck... I know him because he is important and I needed to know the important people and because he was a friend of my father... but we never got formally introduced... darn... I coulda use the help...

Mr.Jaleck: I see that you are the newcomer? you look fragile... well leave your stuff there besides the weapons rack and get yourself a training weapon!

I did just that and graved a simple bastard sword made out of wood, unsurprisingly the line and overlay appeared on the sword... numbers appeared and somehow I felt... more... familiar with it... like if I had used this sword for years... it was a weird thing to describe or experience...

I then made my way to the arena proper holding the sword and taking a middle sword stance.

Mr.Jaleck: mmm... I see that you have a proper stance... good... let's start you just have to land a hit on my body within the next 3 minutes and you'll pass.

I slowly moved the tip of my sword behind me and started running, when I got close enough I hit upwards on a diagonal line but it got intercepted and parried pushing me back.

I quickly regained my posture and went at it again this time the overlay and numbers appeared around Mr.Jaleck but I paid no mind and continued with my assault trying to hit him at least once... that's all I need.

suddenly after one and half minutes, I saw a "shadow" overlayed over Mr.Jaleck that moved to protect where I was aiming. I quickly understood that this was a prediction and tried to make a faint before quickly turning around and hitting him on his unprotected shoulder in a downward motion

Mr.Jaleck: ok that's enough you pass, good job Ms.Alice

Alice:... thankyou...

after thanking him I made my way towards my things and left the weapon where I found it before. and got close tho miss receptionist

Mr.Jaleck: Ms.Alice...! a word if you would?

I looked back before nodding and going with Mr.Jaleck he then looked at Ms.receptionist and

Mr.Jaleck: don't worry about the paperwork I already have it prepared, let's go Ms.Alice

why does he have it prepared? I only registered a few moments ago...


/scene change/

I was led towards the guild master's office door where Mr.Jaleck opened up before going in

Mr.Jaleck: ok you can make yourself comfortable on that couch over there... would you like a drink?

I sat down on the couch and considered the offer... I have only eaten that piece of bread and some tea would be nice...

Alice: tea... if you have...

he smiled at me before going towards a small space where there was a small magical fire heating a kettle. then he took 2 mugs and put tea bags inside.

Mr.Jaleck: I hope you don't mind the simple tea bag... I'm not as wealthy as your father is...

I could not help but be surprised at those words...

Alice: do... you know my father?

Mr.Jaleck: of course I do, I've been friends with your father for a long time little Alice, and I have seen you with him a few times... he never did present me you formally, but... your mother did ask me to help you when the time came.

Alice: what do you mean...?

Mr.Jaleck: I... don't know myself...

Mr.Jaleck then got the kettle and poured the hot water on the mugs then brought them towards the table that was in front of us and placed a few biscuits and some sugar. I took one of the mugs and drank the tea that wasn't that bad.

Mr.Jaleck: there was this time I was invited to your birthday... around your 3rd I believe... after it ended I was called by your mother who... well didn't look in a good condition by then but she held on and asked me to promise that I would help you on a day were the highest room on the palace burned, even with all the visual changes.

Mr.Jaleck: I didn't get it at first but I did make that promise... so I been thinking what it meant all of these years... and after I became the guild master I thought maybe that you would come here and you might need an escort... but you proved me wrong... in any case hows the old bastard? I still owe him some coins so...

I placed the mug on the table looking down

Alice: he... is dead... the crown prince... Edward Crisostomo ... killed him...

I then proceeded to explain what happened in the palace...

Mr.Jaleck: I... see... so that's the reason why your body changed so much...mmm...

Mr.Jaleck looked up with his eyes closed as if thinking something while hiding the grief on his eyes then stood up and headed towards a drawer where he took out a pouch where the sound of metal came from, a scroll of some sort, and a metal piece with a chain.

Mr.Jaleck: here... your father won't be needing this anymore... there is enough money to buy a small house... but I know that you won't use it for that... this scroll is one that was recovered from a ruin some time ago... supposedly it holds the magic to create a separated dimension that supposedly would allow you to store objects inside ore something like that... not many people know of it...you should be able to use it...been one of the few people with the necessary affinity... you should get going now... you need to get yourself some clothes and a proper weapon... I won't be able to help you any more than this without reducing the little time that you have before they realize that you... are still alive

I finished my tea and eat some more biscuits before standing up and picking up the money and scroll placing them on my makeshift backpack then proceeding towards the exit.

Alice: thank you...

I opened the door

Mr.Jaleck: little Alice catch

I graved the thing that he threw at me, after graving it with "my hand" I looked at it it was a plate with my name the adventurer's symbol and additional symbol and rank "E" it also had a chain.

Mr.Jaleck: your adventurer ID don't lose it, yours can give you a discount with some artisans so make sure to wear it in a manner that shows when you go to one now go... i... need to mourn a friend...

I then got out of the office towards the reception before showing my new ID and asking for directions towards a blacksmith and a clothing store.


PoV change Jaleck

I sat down on my desk chair looking up after placing the mugs in my kitchen to clean them later.

Jaleck: so you died hum... your daughter now has the world in front of her... she only needs to face him... I'm sure he will find that she lives soon and will hunt her down... but I did what I could that won't attract attention...

I then opened a drawer where I have a black and white photo of my friends and an old open letter.

Jaleck:  Aaron, Angelica, and me... I'm guessing that I am next... well I won't go without a fight... I already completed my promise angelica...

then I burned the letter

Jaleck: tho I would have been better if you explained to me the changes on your daughter... that sudden speed burst when she did that faint... her body turned pale yellow for a second... and how her eyes and hair were so different...

suddenly a man clad in leather armor burst into the room

-sir! a crater was found on one of the secondary alleys!

Jaleck: place a notice for investigation I'll handle the costs...

-yes sir!

the man then ran out of the room leaving me inside to might thoughts again but I faintly smiled before standing up.

Jaleck: and now I hear that you have a tough body...*sigh*... I'm guessing that you have a little more than a day... good luck little Alice...


PoV change

somehow after all of that, I don't feel tired... and I got the feeling that it would be better to use find a cart as soon as possible I have the money now...

the first place I went was a clothing store and bought some simple yet functional clothes finally removing what remained of my ruined dress

I got a long-sleeved cloth T-shirt some leather pants that had a cloth inlay (relatively expensive compared to other more normal options) new leather High-top boots.

then I headed out and went towards a blacksmith where I had a strong feeling to buy a recurve bow and arrows and had a proper handle made for the broken spear that I made into a sword of sorts 1 was something like this:s-l300.jpg it was easy after offering extra money to have it finished right away it didn't take to long thanks to the blacksmith magic then bought a proper backpack and headed out once again.

next, I went towards a general store where I bought some supplies and simple camping equipment... while I was buying I was remembering all the times I and my father went camping... never knew why I needed to know... and that something that I didn't enjoy that much would come in handy now...

soon it was noon and I went towards the gate that was in the direction of where I needed to go, luckily I found a cart that was heading towards a close-by village 2 and a half-day journey with uncomfortable seats here I go...


time skip


Alice: I... can't fall asleep...

I've been like this for an hour now... inside my tent in the middle of the night...

after I got into the cart some other adventurers and normal people got in too we departed... nothing notable happened... just me looking down at my hands wondering what is this thing that allowed me to survive is... in the cart nothing much happened some of the people chated, some others were vigilant... but nothing major.

after traveling some time on the dirt road we passed through a meadow when the night arrived so we stopped close to a tree and made a small camp, I made my own tent and joined for a shared meal tho weirdly I didn't feel as hungry as I thought I should be... so I used the time that I had of light to read the scroll I was given. so looked for a good place to sit down.

When I was looking I saw one of the guys that was in the cart lunch a carrier pigeon into the air. I didn't make much of it because I found a nice place where to rest away from the rest.

I finally opened the scroll and there was nothing new really... some explanation of how to "summon" what you send and how to "return it" to the place... then it explained that I needed to compress the "space" to create a platform then I needed to phase it into the rift between dimensions while creating a barrier around it...

Alice: I summoned an another worldly thing that attached to my body... I might be able to do this... speaking of which... what is... it...?

I started poking into "my arms" and legs it felt weird yet familiar... I know these are now replacing my own lost body parts but it's just too surreal

Alice: ...What are you...?

???: answer: N4 Enhance Tactical Combat/Support Nanoystem. ATCS-N code name designation: ULTIMA.

I became scared for a moment that voice that I haven't heard since the moment I got out of the castle returned... then I looked around for a moment in search of what said it.

Alice: what does that mean...?

ULTIMA: user permission required for review of user memories in order to give a more familiar description.

Alice: User...?...do...it...

ULTIMA: confirm, searching... description found. "I am a semi-autonomous combat/support symbiotic "miniature automaton/golem cloud"

I became scared at hearing that

Alice: like those monsters that take control of people!?

ULTIMA: Negative, ULTIMA system does not and will not go against the user's wishes or mission unless extremely required due to user becoming unable to continue.

I calmed down a bit

Alice: But how... did all that happen...? how I got that necessity of pointing my arm at my attacker...? how did I became invisible... how did I survive that fall?? how is it that I have arms and legs and my hair is so different?!?

then a small black square appeared in front of my vision

ULTIMA: answering 1: system existing as a nanosystem has the possibility of shape-changing into different tools such as a plasma torch/cutter, saw blade, drill, and for defense taser delivery systems, railgun, and blade. due to situation railgun was used.

then moving images appeared on the square showing what I was hearing how the image body changed to something and did something to another image

ULTIMA: answer 2: correlates with answer 3: system provides the same capabilities as previous systems such as N1 and N2 and its variation N3, these been the capacity to increase the user strength and speed. Bend a variety of emissions such as light, radiation, sound around the user to become nearly undetectable. provide armor to be capable of surviving long falls with minimal damage or withstanding high amounts of heat, radiation, or physical trauma.

it showed me how my body turned red when I was falling and how I became invisible.

ULTIMA: answer 4: given the nature of composition of N4 nanosystem gives the capability to acquire resources from the environment in order to repair physical damage, additionally system modifies user biological systems to peak biological capacity while fusing with nanosystem. eyes are modified to detect a variety of new data such as IR, UV, radiation, energy readings, scanning capabilities, and LIDAR scanning, among others. physical changes are inevitable such as hair decoloration from any color to near white. but can be hidden if system has proper equipment and materials.

I could see on the image how my own eyes had changed quite substantially... and I didn't know how to take it in...

ULTIMA: additionally system provides support such as memory enhancement, information processing, and near ageless body. in addition to underwater breathing, subdermal composite armor, and psychological/moral support wen in non-threatening environments.

then the screen disappeared. and I was in shock... I didn't know how to take it all in... so I went to my tent and tried to sleep and that's how I ended up like this...

Alice: I already read that scroll and memorized it thanks to this thing... but as I can fall asleep I am quite bored... it would have been better if I bought a book or something...

ULTIMA: attention, recreational subsystem is available.

Alice: what is that?

ULTIMA: recreational subsystem is an encyclopedia of games preloaded into system memory in order to provide something to distract the user in times of long periods of inactivity. additionally, system was pre-loaded with all of internet useful information such as books, movies, and scientific data.

Alice: um... can I try it? I don't know what inter...net... is but I could use some recreation...

ULTIMA: confirm, user's age is over 18 years?

Alice: what a weird question... but yes

ULTIMA: confirm, adult content unlocked, attention, what does user want to know or play?

Alice: what is... "internet"?

 

did you like it?

I really hope you did.

I'm still on the edge thinking if I should add some 18+ content... or maybe make it more of a mention? a... something will come eventualy.

welp...

you know the drill any grammatical error you find don't doubt on telling me. if you like it tell me in the comments. if you didn't please tell me and why everything is talkable. and if you wish to support me with some coffee there is always ko-fi... or pay pal...

 

9