CH.2
212 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, author here... yes, I'm using the same start as in my other novel... no, I don't know if I will maintain it...

in any case ho have you been?

I been having this pain in the back of my head and I feel tired because of it... I also get dizzy when I use too much strength on the area... any ideas on what it is?

on another note... fuking guys that are on the same group project are useless, I have been doing the assignments on my own and finally, my teacher gave me the green light to do it all on my own, and leave them to rot.

sadly not that much time to writhe tho...

 

 

to say that I stayed awake all night is an understatement... I wanted to find out why I was asked if I was over 18 yo... but I got the feeling that I will lose something if I do... so I looked into what internet was... I mean this internet thingy... wow... just wow... for starters there are about 4 zettabytes of data stored on this thing. I didn't know what it meant until I read about it and... I am speechless... and the way that information is stored... and it's all at the reach of my "hand"

I have read a lot of theories by some pretty famous scholars from the kingdom and... so many theories and facts just... destroyed.

the planet is flat? destroyed by a simple and quick experiment and some math...

the planet is the center of all things?... destroyed by a pretty lengthy explanation and some more math...

God existence? well, that one is for debate... but in all fairness, the church here is just... as it is described on the internet, like corrupted, not necessarily following their own teachings... stuff like that.

I also found a book that's supposedly is popular but I have never read it was called "Don Quijote" such a good book it was really long so it took me some time to complete given the weird language and pronunciations. but... such a good read... (she found one of the older copies)

I passed all night "surfing" on that information void o and the games! the games.

"pong" is a really simple game but I feel like I could play it for hours and speeding it up each time to react faster.

I found what medieval is and looked for it on games with the hopes of finding something familiar... I did look into what a car is... but I prefer something familiar and I found this game where you are a human with the soul of a dragon and...wow...

ho and speaking of it when I search for information is actually quite fast and it appears on my peripheral vision and when I play games the I go into a... "mental space" where I can move freely and there are controls on a table with a "screen" and I can choose if time passes as fast as that on the outside or can be slower or faster.

back to that game or more like the mental space I actually don't necessarily have to play the game I actually can use the space to practice moves. create obstacles, try weapons anything really.

i... feel like the first time I was given a gift, or ate my first candy, or found my first love...mmm self-help books are helping with that last one...

when it was close to dawn a notice appeared and soon I went out to the more real-world with a whole lot of new forms of seeing the world.

soon the rest of the people woke up we all eat something for breakfast and we departed again.


random guy (RG) pov

I was eating breakfast with my partner and talking about the prices for products so that we could make ourselves an idea of how much money we would need when we go back to get the product but... there was something that I could not stop thinking... or more like someone, this someone was one of the people that were with us on this cart.

for the most part, she looked like any other beautiful woman I have seen... good body, tall probably about 1,80m (5.9ft), long flowing near black and white hair.

but something was weird about her... her hands, for example, were a weird black with metal silver details, or in her back, there were small sections of metal... I mean I have seen armors before but hers... don't look like armor all the size would only allow for a really delicate and small hand and don't get me started on her eyes... her eyes... don't look entirely human I don't think anyone has noticed because it somehow isn't noticeable it actually looks like dual-colored irises... but its too perfectly made to be normal.

When we finished eating we got back into the cart and departed again this time that girl was at the back of the cart unlike the front like when we resumed our travel again I with my partner we were facing each other in the middle so we could talk more comfortably

-

-

-

it's been a few hours since we departed and my ass is starting to hurt and my body is getting stiffer by the minute so to distract myself I am doing some cleaning on my sword but then.

*whussh* suddenly the sound of something coming in fast resounded in the area and an audible *thud* was heard like something fast, heavy, and pointy hit wood.

so I looked behind me towards the sound and I saw an arrow stuck in the wood fence of the cart.

ho no...

RG2: ambush!!! bandits!!!

then suddenly as if a sort of unconscious signal was triggered a rain of arrows came upon our cart some of them even had fire on them and hit piles of dried wood. then a mage appeared lunching rocks that collided with the ground rising so much dust and smoke that it became really hard to see... and I saw some of the passengers wounded around me my partner included so I went to assist him. but then I saw a shape jumping from the cart to then moving around the place. I knew it was a person but I could only see the smoke moving

but shortly after my friend succumbed to his injuries and started feeling a pain in my chest and the taste of blood on my mouth I placed my hand on my chest trying to feel where the pain came from only to feel something wet.

I looked down only to find the tip of an arrow coming out of my chest.

RG: hum... *cought*... shieeett... *dies*


Alice POV change to a few moments ago

I have been trying to keep my mind occupied looking into the woods around the cart. I at least found something really cool. ULTIMA explained to me what my eyes can do now. like for example I can change it so that it shows me the places where it's "hot" and where is not. or I can combine it with my hearing and it showed me where the point of the sound is coming from, or I can look beyond the normal like if I was looking through a spyglass I even can combine them all into a single type.

I can even mark points of interest even people and it follows its position

*t'k* /arrow knocking sound/

suddenly I heard a weird sound in front of us towards the woods and it wasn't the only one there multiple

*twang*/arrow being fired/

ULTIMA: warning, threat detected.

*whussh*

suddenly everything around me became slow as if time itself allowed me time to think, using this time I looked for what caused that sound and saw an arrow coming right towards the cart and two others in flames going towards some leaves piles right in front of us.

I changed my vision to see the "hot" places and saw 7 human silhouettes on the forest where I was looking, I quickly marked them, then I cloaked and everything around me resumed, I turned around and looked for anyone on the other side of the road and saw another 4 silhouettes that I marked.

*thud* finally the arrow hit the side of the cart and ultima told me about an energy spike which turned out to be a mage that lunched some rather big rock in front and back of the cart where they broke and helped reduce the visibility while blocking the avenues for an easy escape

I quickly graved my backpack disturbing my cloaking for a moment then jumped from the cart through the smoke into the road, where I ran towards the side with fewer guys hiding, I used my new strength and jumped into a tree branch where I left my bag and marked it in case I forget. then graved my bow, quiver full of arrows, and sword.

then aimed an arrow towards the closest of the bandits. then a line appeared from the tip of my arrow towards the ground and it moved the more as I pulled the string, I used to help me aim, then I let loose the arrow aimed towards his neck hitting it precisely on his blood vessels and spinal cord. making him fall dead instantly.

then I lowered my bow and looked at the dead body of a man I killed, widely I felt nothing.

nothing wen I aimed my bow.

nothing when... I let loose my arrow.

I thought about it for a second before I heard some of the screams and sound of battle happening close to me and jumped from the tree then I ran towards the closest of the bandits who I killed with an arrow to his chest, closely followed by another guy that was in front of him, lastly there was another guy right beside the edge of the smoke, this guy had mage clothing and staff, I figured he was the one somehow maintaining that smoke cover.

so pulled out my sword, and ran at full speed towards him rising my sword aimed at his neck, my cloaking came undone right before I hit him allowing him to see who killed him.

I cut his windpipe and he drowned with his own blood. then I quickly recovered and ran towards a big tree that hid me perfectly then I cloaked again waiting for the smoke to clear.

I used this little time to see what was of the cart and the people in it and saw that there was only one guy still alive the rest were all dead. there were also two of the bandits dead on the floor, which leaves me with five the only problem is... that he isn't fighting... instead... he was... laughing?

???: HEY!! LUCAS you stupid mage! use your staff to disperse the smoke we got them all!!

finally, the smoke cleared up and I could see clearly that the guy that was alive was the same guy that I had seen last night releasing that carrier pigeon, in fact, he just received one in a cage that looked identical to the one I saw... I don't know how I remember it so clearly...

I decided that it would be better to say on cloak mode for now and wait for them to separate then pick them up one by one from different angles.


pov change

???: GUYS COME OUT NOW!!! WE NEED HELP TO CARRY ALL OF THIS TOWARDS THE HIDEOUT !!

...

???: something is wrong... you! go investigate while we secure the valuables.

???2: got it! boss!

the guy moved towards the other side of the road while the other 6 moved towards the cart and bodies and started looting and they were enjoying what they found, some good equipment, food, and gold lots of it.

???2: HEEL...!!!

*thump*

they continued their looting until they heard a shout followed by a dry sort of sound behind them.

when the leader looked at the source he saw his subordinate on his knees falling in their direction with an arrow going through his neck, the only problem was that he could not see the archer that attacked him, and that's saying something given that he is the leader of this group, and that came with him been the strongest, most intelligent and with the better sight... or maybe its because he beat the last boss... we will never know.

suddenly and silently another arrow from a completely different direction came and hit the spy they had planted to identify a worthwhile cart right on his chest with enough force to impale him into the side of the cart.

the remaining bandits tried to regroup making a circle but only 2 managed to get to regroup, the others... one fell from the cart his throat cut open the other dead on the ground with an arrow sticking out of his head.

???5: fuck fuck fuck boss what do we do?

boss: we find the bastard who did it and kill him we are the only ones left!

suddenly two arrows came in quick succession right where the "boss" was, he managed to dodge the first and deflect the second but his subordinate wasn't as lucky or experienced because he was hit on his arm by the arrow his boss dodged and on his tight making him bleed out fast.

the boss didn't have that much time to rest as he saw another arrow coming toward him, he managed to deflect it with his sword but what came after surprised him because he saw a transparent silhouette coming towards him fast.

he responded by attacking where he thought the silhouette would be with a diagonal slash with enough strength to decapitate someone.

and when he thought that he had connected he felt like he hit a wall and saw a relatively short sword being stabbed right on his torso by a relatively tall girl with whitish hair but the thing that defined her was that her whole body was emanating a red light form small lines all over her visible skin he soon after a second he lost consciousness thanks to the blood flow to his brain been cut with the last thing he saw been a pair of cold nearly inhuman blue-silver eyes that somehow illuminated themselves


/Alice pov/

I stood there motionless looking down to the now dead body of the let's call him bandit leader before grabbing the handle on my sword and pulling it out while holding the body down with my boot. then after I looked at it all bloodied I came out of a daze.

Alice:...What...

I looked back towards the forest where I had killed 4 bandits...

Alice:...have I...

I looked now towards where the corpses of the other 6 laid...

Alice:... done...?

I don't know what happened... as soon as it started I didn't want to run... it's like as soon as I saw that there was the possibility to counterattack effectively I "zoned out" for a moment and now "I came back" to find all this death... like I knew what I was doing ... but... not how... the how to move, how to fight, how to do... anything at that moment, but my body moved with purpose doing what I "wanted" to do... but didn't know how... like a well-oiled machine.

like the perfect soldier, without fear nor hesitation...

Alice:...what happened to me then...

ULTIMA: answer. user required the elimination of the main threats in the area to effectively complete the mission. but user "princes" by memory analysis lacked necessary combat knowledge. system provided and determined necessary weapon handling parameters and recorded tactical combat data to compensate while reducing bioreceptors for fear while increasing "thinking speed" to reduce hesitation while adhering to standard ROE, as princess hasn't defined otherwise.

I said nothing... I contemplated what I had done...and closed my eyes...

Alice:*inhale* one...two...three... four...*exhale*

I did that for a minute before I felt comfortable again, that trick I read... really helped...

I don't particularly like the easiness of all of... this... but this is my body now... I... somehow have... to get comfortable...

I got my stuff from the tree and searched the bandit bodies for anything useful then I searched the cart. in the end, I got some extra money some arrows a bit of food, a saddle... some pouches, extra water, and a map from the bandit boss indicating the location of what I believe should be their hideout.

then threw the bandit bodies on a pile and the rest in another... while grabbing whatever identification they had and used some of the remaining fire to burn the bodies so that they would be able to rest and don't become undead. I can't carry the bodies... it's the least I can do... because it is at least one and a half days of travel and that's without setbacks.

then I unhooked the horse from the cart and kicked the cart towards the fire surprising me with my newfound strength...

it would be weird if I appeared with a cart and I was asked how I got it... there is also a fee for a cart and cargo that I don't need to pay...so I'll just take the horse... I know how to ride them thanks to my dad... it would also allow me to get there faster.

I jumped on the horse and moved out. I still have about 8 hours of sunlight before I have to camp again but I'll rest at 3 before departing again.

 

I hope you enjoyed it... you know the drill any grammatical errors you find don't doubt on telling me...if you found any misspellings please let me know in the comments... if you like it tell me in the comments. if you didn't please tell me and why everything is talkable. and if you wish to support me with some coffee there is always ko-fi... or pay pal...

11