CH.3
225 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, author here how have you been? I? I been good... no I been better... but what can you do...

I at least managed to only have to do one exam on my Insitute and not like 7 so that's a plus...

well, that's about it... so I hope you enjoy the chapter... see ya

well, you know the drill if you find any misspell or grammatical errors pls tell me...

cheers

 

 

Alice: mmm... creating a physical construct of "space" is harder than I imagined...

it's been a few hours since my encounter with the bandits... I'm "resting" on a tree where I left the horse tied... tho I feel like I don't need to tie him... he didn't escape when the attack occurred... wonder what's his name...

but back into a topic, I'm trying to do what the scroll said... I do know how to make a barrier so I can make it last... I'm guessing that the barrier must act as its own containment as I believe thanks to my internet search a while ago that the place I have to send it will try to "rip apart" whatever I send there... but I'll tackle that problem when I get there...

as I said it's hard to compress literal space into a sort of secondary physical space where I can place things inside... but I did manage to make a small 10cm by 10cm by 10 cm cube... which was originally around 100cm^3 then I placed a barrier around it...

Alice: the only problem is now how to send it to that rift... I wish my father was here...

*drip*

Alice: he always helped me... find a solution... *sob*

*drip*

Alice: to my problems... *sob*

*drip*

Alice: are...? *drip* I'm.... crying... *sobbing*

Alice: *drip* WAaaa *sobbing* why!! mee!!

my magic dissipated and I held "my knees" up to my head crying my heart out


a few minute's before (Alice doesn't hear this)

ULTIMA: warning. host emotional suppression status is reaching maximum permissible parameters. danger of permanent emotional damage.

ULTIMA: warning. high possibilities that host "princes" of having a mental breakdown... evaluating optimal countermeasures... found... "let it happen" ...tears... crying helps to alleviate emotional distress.

ULTIMA: evaluating surroundings for threats

ULTIMA: evaluating... stand by

ULTIMA: danger level minimal. disengaging.


sometime later...

I woke up with dried tears on my face

Alice: I feel like dying...

somehow after all of what had happened... I didn't cry... but now out of nowhere...

Alice: moreover... I feel like I'm starving...

standing up from where I was I saw the horse looking at me with what I would presume were worried eyes... but I might be imagining it... I opened up one of the backpacks that I had secured to the horse and brought out a small cooking pot then I made a small stone circle and placed some loose branches that were laying around in the middle then using two small but long sticks I created a stand to hang my pot creating a neet campfire...

but it's unlit...

Alice: what to do... what to do...

I looked around trying to remember if I had something to start the fire with, I don't want to eat preserved food... it isn't as good...

then a familiar line appeared in my vision pointing to hands... was after looking at them for a moment a circle with different images appeared and one was blinking.

focusing on it resulted in giving the name"plasma torch" below it... I then moved to the next where it said "plasma cutter" followed by "saw" and "drill", then there was an arrow pointing towards the side, and concentrating on it resulted in it changing into another circle where it had Taser, Blade, and Railgun...

but I backed from there and focused on the blinking one, then I felt an "itch" on my index finger on my dominant hand, and looking at it I saw that some places had moved to create a sort of opening then got the urge to snap my fingers. I did as I felt and a small white-blue flame soon appeared on the tip of my index finger, and the finger itself was glowing a bit blue with blue lines appearing.

I looked at it for a few seconds completely intrigued so I looked at it with my "heat vision" and nearly got blinded by the white spot I saw and finally, I understood that I could use this to light a fire to make something to eat.

so I "pointed my finger" towards the lithe pile of wood and soon started to burn and I just thought of turning that little flame off and it disappeared, then quickly I got some jerky, some preserved vegetables, and a waterskin and placed it all on the small pot and hang it over the fire before drinking some water myself.

then I saw the horse and got another bigger pot and offered it some water.

after I did that I sat beside the fire waiting for my food... and I couldn't help but think of my mother... I was really small when she taught me... she said that if I had some small things to eat that it was better to put them all in a pot with some water over the fire and wait some time... it could get me out of bad situations if need be...


sometime later...

I ate only half of what I made. luckily the pot had a lid so I could save it and take it with me for later... sadly it was already night and there was little light ahead so I chose to make my tent and sleep inside.

this time... actually sleeping.

when morning came a few hours later, I woke up as soon as the first ray of light hit my face

then I tore down my little camp and got back into the horse, and headed out.

there should still be another 6 hours of traveling... then I have to let the horse rest for around 2 hours... in the meantime, I looked at my surroundings trying to find anything to keep me occupied but... I can't help but hope that everyone is alright back on my territory...

Alice: now time to think about what I'm to do when I get to the village...

i... might go to an inn... I don't need supplies as I have more than enough for a week worth of food... I need to hand over the bandit's map... now that I think about it... is it a bandit hideout what it's showing? if it was their home then they must know how to get to it...

its... about 2 hours of travel from where I am right now... might be a good idea to go there and see if there is anything useful... or a really bad one...

Alice: might as well go and see...


time skip

I was going through a really unkept pathway through the trees comparing the topographical similarities to that of the map which was rather easy as I had my own map and compass at the edge of my vision and I could even overlay it with my sight.

after a while, I was nearing a small hill where the mark was

I got close to the marked location just enough to need to walk for 5 minutes so I got down from my horse but didn't tie him up... somehow I got the feeling that he won't go away and that he will come when I call for him... weird...

I moved on foot leaving most of my stuff with the horse I only brought with me the essentials meaning my weapons and some food and water, just enough to get to the village, in case anything happens to the horse, and moved through the rest of the way.

after said 5 minutes of walking I reached a small clearing with a few heat points moving about, some on the trees and some others on the ground all with a semblance of coordination which obviously means that they were sentries.

so I did the same as with the bandits some time ago and left my stuff somewhere hidden with a mark, then pulled out my bow and aimed at one of the heat points on the closest tree, then I felt as if a became considerably calmer... I wasn't altered or anything but... I don't know how to explain it... it's a similar feeling as when the bandits attacked I just took decisions calmly and with purpose...

leaving those thoughts for later I let loose the arrow before running towards the tree graving the falling individual from the back of his neck pinning him to the ground and killing him with a quick thrust of my wrist blade on his neck leaving a small burn mark where the blade hit...

then I retrieved my arrow that had hit his torso and jumped into the closest branch of the same tree and started claiming to get a better view.

looking around I managed to find 6 guys on the ground around the clearing and 2 more on the trees. what caught my attention was that there were only two big tents in this little camp with some opened metal cages scattered about... but there was one that was right in the middle of the two tents and this one had a piece of cloth covering it which caught my attention.

While looking at the place I managed to hear some small chat about how much they would earn by selling to a slave auction which pissed me off because I hate forced slavery... ok that doesn't explain it... I don't condemn slavery so long as it is used to make criminals like these pay but forced slavery as in capturing anyone and forcing them into slavery that's another thing.

now knowing that they are hostile.

I quickly marked all of the guys I saw and jumped down from the tree before making my way to the closest guy.

ULTIMA: cloak engaged

I stayed inside the grass to maintain my concealment as much as possible, then I made some small sounds with some tones to grab his attention.

the guy quickly came my way and I just slowly moved behind him before covering his mouth with one hand and with the other I staved him with my wrist blade, my figure appearing briefly before disappearing again. then I left his body on the grass before moving to the next guy that was looking directly at another that was on the tree.

I just moved behind him before quickly graving his head with both my hands and *crack* with an audible crack I broke his neck then I aimed my bow at the guy on the tree before letting loose another arrow right towards his head and I did the same as with the first guy and graved him before he fell and made a ruckus.

shortly after I managed to kill two more guys that were together moving around the clearing by shooting an arrow into the head of one and staving the second with my sword from the back while covering his mouth sadly...

??1: we have an intruder!!

??2: where I don't see it!!

I disappeared shortly after killing the second guy but not in time to not get caught so now I have the remaining guys actively looking for me.

then one of the 3 remaining guys came in the direction of where I had killed the last two

??2 ho my karma! They killed Kenny!!

??3 you son's of bitches!!! I'll make you pay!!!

I just aimed my bow to the last of the tree guys, before giving him a new look on his face.

then I appeared from my hiding spot visible again running at the last two stabbing a distracted one on the back, before pulling my sword just in time to dodge the other slaver who as soon as my sword made contact with his he pushed on my hand with his fist making my sword get out of his way but I quickly recovered enough to grab his throat with my free hand.

graving his throat made him try to slash at my arm but my body got a red coloration stopping his sword and making him die due to the crushed throat thanks to the overwhelming strength.

*thump*

I let go of his body before looking around for any other slavers... finding none I went straight to the big tents on one there was nothing of importance just some simple beds.

the other wasn't much better it was just a simple storage space that only had clothes, weapons, and some armors and food in a bad state so I just left it all there.

finally, I got close to the lone cage and I could hear faint dry breathing... as if whatever is inside hasn't eaten or drunk anything in a few days.

I quickly removed the cover that it had and managed to finally look inside and quickly put myself on alert aiming my bow at it...

Alice: ...WHAT!??... what's a... .... .... ....


pov change... inside the covered cage a few moments ago.

-ugh...so... thirsty...

I can't move a muscle... it hurts to do it... it's hard... to think clearly...I can only... hear... their voices...

slaver 1: hey, why did we had to capture this one instead of going for... I dunno a normal caravan?

slaver 2: first because we got contracted to... second because the boss said so. also why we had to kill them all except for this one... I still have to clean those filth's blood of some of my armor...

slaver 1: beats me... I just follow orders to get my money.

slaver 2: amen to that... going to go see how Mikey is... see ya in a bit.

they are gone... maybe I should try... to sleep... a little more...

slaver 3: we have an intruder!!

slaver 2: where I don't see it!!

-mhmm...? what..s... happening...

slaver 2 ho my karma! They killed Kenny!!

slaver 1 you sons of bitches!!! I'll make you pay!!!

-they... are under... attack...? is this... finally the time... I'll be set free...?

the sounds of fighting... they stopped...

someone is moving outside...

suddenly light filled my tired and dry eyes...

??: ...WHAT!??... what's a demon doing here?!!

 and all I could see was a silhouette with a shining point right at the center...and just after a moment, I could see that it was an arrow aimed at me...

 -will this... be... the time I die...? I'm sorry dad...

suddenly tears that haven't appeared in a few days appeared in my dry eyes and I closed them in wait for my fate.

*clank*

I heard the sound of the lock breaking and I opened my eyes yet again only to see a weird metallic black colored hand opened in front of me

??: take my hand if you want to live


pov change

Alice:...WHAT!??... what's a demon doing here?!!

what was inside of the cage was a child with light grayish color skin with hair that was white-light purple but that it was so dirty and stiff that it appeared brown... a demon child...

soon after seeing me, it started to cry

I kept my bow trained on the demon but I couldn't let loose the arrow, seeing her cry...

Alice: this... demon... no... this child... isn't guilty of their kin sins...

I lowered my bow and turn my body red for a second while tore apart the lock of the cage opening it in the process, then I just presented her my hand

Alice: take my hand if you want to live

I said in a soft but authoritative voice, the little demon appeared hesitant for a second before slowly and weakly reaching for my hand but her strength left her before doing so I took her falling hand and pulled it out of the cage before offering it a waterskin but seen as id didn't have any strength to move I held its head up and mover the waterskin closer to its mouth for it to drink some much-needed water.

While I was doing this whatever was inside of me was "analyzing" the little demon telling me that it had surprisingly a 84% similarities with humans... and that it was female... wish I couldn't see just by looking...but that's wasn't important right now the demon finished drinking and slowly asked me if it could retrieve something from the tent where all the stolen stuff was.

of course, I said yes before making sure that there wasn't anyone close by then I put her on my back and headed inside that tent where she asked me to grab a pendant with the shape of a moon I used the opportunity to grab 2 cloaks before heading out quickly because I started hearing the grass move with force meaning that someone in a group or something big was coming and I didn't want to stay here especially if I have this demon with me.

quickly this time as I was running and let me add that it was extremely easy to run on this uneven terrain carrying a 34kg child on my back while also carrying my weapons and stuff that I got back from where I left them.

I arrived at where my horse was supposed to be but I couldn't find it... and before I started cursing at myself for not tying him up I followed the previous feeling and whistle calling him and not 6 seconds passed before he came back and stopped in front of me I just smiled and put the demon child in front before seating and heading out.

during the travel, it was quite calm and the child managed to fall asleep quite peacefully I might add.

so after 1 hour of traveling, I stopped the horse in a small hidden place amongst some trees where mounted my tent and a small campfire to cook something small and that was easy on the stomach then I lay down the child in my tent...

 

I hope you enjoyed it... you know the drill any grammatical errors you find don't doubt on telling me...if you found any misspellings please let me know in the comments... if you like it tell me in the comments. if you didn't please tell me and why everything is talkable. and if you wish to support me with some coffee there is always ko-fi... or pay pal...

 

10