The Mysterious River-2
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                                                 Part-2

 

Donald languidly gets up and gives a fleeting glimpse at his surroundings from the windowpane.

 

The morning appears to be refreshing and warm with birds chattering, rays of sun falling slant on windows illuminating the aura of his house.

 

He questions himself, Am I the only person left in this horrible place?

 

He is completely dumbfounded to see his entire house in an orderly manner. 

 

In fact, he himself is unable to remember what took place last night,

 

But he knows well that when the clock strikes 7 at the night, things will turn topsy-turvy again eliciting an array of terrifying incidents.

 

Would I ever end this problem or become a victim like my brothers?

 

In a trembling voice, he moves over to the riverside in search of a clue again.

 

After moving hither and thither in the vicinity of the river, he finds a small blue-colored box that piques his curiosity and picks it to bring that home.

 

He breaks the lock and sees a booklet that contains instructions to kill the evil force.

 

The moment he enters the bedroom from his drawing-room to hide the box under his cot, he sees a dark ugly Wizard standing behind him,

 

 With a loud cry, Donald steps out of his home along with the box,

 

Donald: Who are you? 

 

Wizard: Hey!  I am the same whom you had been eagerly searching since the death of your dearest ones.

 

Now get ready, it’s your turn to meet your brothers and the priest in the sky.  

 

Donald: No I won’t let you do this to me,

 

Wizard: Ok, then chalk out a plan to kill me if at all you have any!

 

Donald: Stands still without speaking a word,

 

Wizard: Now let me tell you one thing that you have opened a Pandora box!

 

Donald: What do you want to say exactly?

 

Wizard: The box which you brought along with you is the one fabricated by me so that any person who opens it after coming over there will relive me physically,

 

Donald: Oh no! Do you mean to say I have dug a graveyard for myself obliviously?

 

Wizard: Yes definitely, any qualms over this!

 

Donald: Wish I would have left that box there itself, 

 

Wizard: Laughs! You have “crossed the Rubicon” Prepare yourself to depart from this earth forever,

 

Donald: I think my time is over,  

 

 Left with a forlorn attempt to rescue, he decides to surrender,

 

Praying the lord with closed eyes steps ahead towards the Wizard holding the box,

 

But suddenly the box suddenly slips from the grasp of Donald’s hands onto the ground after which a small piece of mirror situated at its rear end breaks down.  

 

Now the situation takes a U-turn paving the way for luck to the till now hapless Donald.

 

Wizard: Hey! Don’t do that I am feeling suffocated.

 

Donald: Fine! I understood the crux of the problem.  

 

He continues praying to the lord and chants with the beads of the rosemary necklace given by the priest in-simultaneous with breaking the mirror into minute pieces.  

 

Wizard’s body divides into two halves and crumbles into pieces.

 

Donald breathes easy and saunters into the house to pack the luggage and vacates it permanently. 

Will the Donald come out of the problem by killing the evil force?
  • Yes , he might! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he will surrender to the evil force! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, he will escape from that force! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he will be killed by that evil force! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let the destiny decide! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0