Chapter 2
9.2k 8 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't tell that, Boss; you've given me a place to make money. Instead, I should be the one thanking you. Because this way, I can still live. "

Then, the Boss started to take out his wallet and gave me money.

"Accept, this is not included in your contract money. "

"But why ?."

Of course, I couldn't take it for granted because I already knew the company's actual financial condition.

"This is for your mother; she needs money for treatment. However, because your payday is still long, accept this as a quick payoff for her. "

"You know about my mother? "

I have never told his condition to anyone.

"Yes, more or less so. So you have to accept it. "

"Okay, thanks a lot, boss. "

After I received the money, the amount was also quite large.

"I hope this helps a little. Then, are you sure you don't want to ask me anything?"

"No, if I still ask for something even though I already know the company's financial condition, it means I will be a person who doesn't know how to return the favor, so please use your money for someone who is much more worthy than me. "

"I see; you are indeed a good person Rainier. I am pleased to have subordinates like you. "

"I am also delighted because I have a boss as good as you. "

"Haha, you compliment me too much. I'm not as good as you think, because of my inability you have to go through something like this. "

"Although this is hard for me, I understand a little why you chose to do this. "

Then, Boss stood up and held out his hand to me.

"We've been through short days, but you're still one of my best employees. I will do whatever I can to help you later. "

Then I stood up and shook his hand.

"Yes, I am very happy for the kindness you have given so far. "

For a moment, we were in silence.

However, after I let go of my hand. It seems that this will be our farewell.

"From now on, do what's best for yourself. I'm sure you can do it, Rainier. "

"I will try, sir. "

"For the first time, you're not being formal with me huh, this is indeed the right thing to happen. do I need to take you home? "

"You don't have to do that; I still have to do something first. "

"I see, so goodbye..."

However, I bowed my head to him. I am saying things that I've been keeping to myself for a long time.

"Thank you for everything you have given sir, I hope what I can give can be a little useful for you and this company. "

"Yes, you have done the best. So, don't worry about anything anymore. "

When I looked up at him, he turned not to look at me. It seemed I had made him uncomfortable. This is very natural since I'm a not-so-talented subordinate. Maybe what makes me useful is only because of my youthful energy.

"Then, I'll excuse myself first. "

I immediately went out to leave my place of work all this time.

When I came out, no one was there. This is very natural; I don't have close friends at work. Of course, it wouldn't be sad if I just got kicked out. That's how the world goes, even if I disappear or die. The condition of the world will still be fine.

After that, I decided to immediately leave this place; I deliberately looked for a detour to avoid running into other workers. I hope that they won't have any more trouble with me. I'm tired of just dealing with useless creatures like them.

***

In a dense forest in a different world, a woman kept running from the pursuit of several people.

The sound of her breathing was so heavy as she kept running, even though the clothes she was wearing were not very suitable for running.

While passing by several trees that had large fibrous roots, her clothes caught and made her fall.

"Why does it have to be like this? I have to go. "

She tore off her clothes so she could run more efficiently.

However, the footsteps of the pursuers drew closer. At this rate, I will be caught.

Why are the troops from my big brother's side chasing after me? They shouldn't be doing this.

My guards who came to bring me back were killed right before my eyes.

What I know from them is that I just have to run away from the pursuit of the people coming my way.

I kept running until I finally passed a place I had never been to, whether it was through rice fields to a forest in the middle of nowhere like this.

There was no other way to escape but by forcing myself.

The pursuers began to see the traces she left behind.

A man with a mask looks to see the blood marks stuck to the tree trunk.

"There's no mistaking it; she must have run here. "

"Then send everyone to go here. "

"yes. "

People chasing her began to look around her; they all carried torches in the middle of the cold night.

However, the young woman kept looking for hope by running in the direction of the strong wind.

As she got closer to the gap she had been reaching for so long, there was a fact that made her give up again.

"This is a lie, isn't it? Why did it have to end up on a cliff like this? "

There was only a path of suicide that she could reach the moment, nothing else she could do.

Even so, the pursuers arrived faster than she expected. All the troops, accompanied by the tracking wolves, began to surround where the young woman was.

One of their representatives started talking to him.

"You have nowhere to run; from now on, stay in our faction or die here. "

The threat given feels very real.

"No, I never obeyed you. My subordinates will beat you up when they arrive. "

"Ah, you mean are they?."

Several people were carrying wooden boxes; after he opened the box, some things were thrown at the woman.

"This is a lie, isn't it… Raizo…, Kyoshi…, how come…."

The woman looked shocked by the two human heads she saw.

"There are still some of your subordinates' heads that I have brought, but I don't need to show them to you, right? "

"How dare you all do this? There will be retribution that will be worth all of this.."

The woman instead glared at all of her pursuers.

"Eh, you now dare to threaten us? Don't you see where you are now? Being our prisoner is the only way for you to stay alive. "

Everyone started laughing when their leader said that.

" no, I'd better ma...."

An arrow shot swiftly into the woman's head. With tremendous pressure, the arrow pierced through, causing the woman to fall into the sea.

"ahhh...."

Everyone looks shocked by what happened.

"Who fired arrows without my permission? "

Their leader looked very angry.

"That, the act of the cutter Yozo. "

"Yozo..."

Everyone's gaze was fixed on the person who was shooting his arrow. The man seemed normal with this.

"What do you mean by doing that? "

"I was just trying to relieve her suffering; it would be much better for her to die right now. "

"That's not what I meant, but why did you do that. If he dies, for what the plan I've been preparing all this time? "

"What you are doing will be much easier; we don't have to bother to let her live; that way, another threat will never come. "

"Tch, even though I want to destroy her solid determination. "

"Ah, so that's what you mean. Why didn't you tell me earlier, so I didn't have to kill her? "

"You already killed her, you idiot; it's no use now even if we search for her body. "

"Yes, that's correct. Since the arrow had hit her head, she wouldn't have survived. "

"Ahhh, all his plans failed. Everyone, come back soon. "

"yes, sir. "

After doing so, all the pursuers disappeared into the darkness of the night.

***

In the depths of the ocean, my body couldn't move at all. It seemed like the ocean waves had carried me further away from where I was before. Am I dead, but why can I still see the darkness in the water so well.

This is really weird if I think about it. There was an arrow that pierced my head. I should have died immediately when that happened, but my consciousness remained even though I still felt the pain from the suffocation of not being able to breathe and the blood gushing out from all over my body. This is a terrible torment. Why did this happen?

Moments later, a light appeared before my eyes. It was so dazzling, but I couldn't close my eyes at all.

Is this a sign of the coming of a god? If so. Is he the one who keeps my consciousness alive even though my body is gradually crumbling due to this heavy pressure?

The light began to condense until it formed a ball of light that I could see better.

I heard a voice.

"Do you want revenge, human? "

" Who are you ?. "

"It doesn't matter who I am, but do you want to accept my offer. "

Since I'm in this state, I don't have time to think. Better yet, I take this opportunity while I'm still alive.

"Yes, I want to. "

"Who are your targets? "

"Everyone who becomes my enemy, whether it attacks me or destroys my happiness, I want those who support them all to suffer the consequences. "

"You are a greedy human, but I will do that on one condition. "

"I will fulfill everything as long as I can. "

"You are very suitable, well I will grant your wish. I ask you possession of your body; I will not take your soul, so don't worry, you will still get to heaven. "

"uhh...."

What this light is talking about, I think he is a demon that offers a precise way of revenge. But, why can he talk like that?

"I know what you're thinking, but it's essential to know. The reason you're still conscious like this is that I'm the one who kept you alive. So, you don't need to be curious anymore. "

108