Chapter 15
2.9k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In my view, the same light came again.

There is only white color that I can see, be it the sky or the earth. Am I in dreamland?

My body shouldn't be getting any better.

This time, the arrival of the light did not cause the same pain as before.

[It seems you managed to survive, huh?. ]

That voice, I heard again clearly.

"Are you a god? "

[ Just try to think about what I am. ]

"That's all I can conclude because you have helped me. "

[if that's the case, it looks like you are ready with the intention of my coming to meet you, right?. ]

"Yes, because that's all I can do to take revenge on them. "

[Looks like you know a bit about the current situation. Are you planning something else? ]

"Yes, because I want to stop this problem immediately. "

[indeed, what can you do when you decide to go back right now?. I have no intention of saving a human who is about to throw her life away again. ]

"Please forgive me for being presumptuous to you, god. "

I looked down at the white light.

[This is your life so that you can decide everything yourself. Just don't forget about the contract you made with me. ]

"Yes, I always remember it to this day. "

[In that case, I'll give you orders and hints that might help you out a bit. Once your body is completely healed, ask the female adventurer who saved you for help. Tell her that you are going to the city of Zuiderfort. Then look for a slave girl named Ameyama Mamiko. ]

I was shocked when I heard that name.

"Someone from the Ameyama clan has been captured and made a slave; how can that be?. "

[ Maybe she has bad luck, so just look for her until you find her. Then, make her your ally. That way, your first step to revenge will soon be carried out. ]

"I will carry out your orders, My God."

[It's up to you, that's all I can say. Make sure you find it by all means. Otherwise, the second chance will never come back. ]

"I will risk my life on your orders. "

I knelt towards the light.

[ This command also depends on your future fate, then goodbye. ]

The light disappeared again by itself, then the situation around me began to look like it was breaking.

Instantly, my eyes opened by themselves.

I started hearing someone's voice.

"Maiko, what happened. you hear me?."

Finally, I could hear Lenora's voice.

"No, I'm fine. "

"Your body is so hot; then you sweat so much. Do you have any other injuries? "

She seemed very worried about me.

"There shouldn't be. "

I don't think I had any other injuries.

"That's right when I helped you; I also didn't find a single scar when I undressed. But why is your condition suddenly deteriorating like this? "

Meaning, this must have something to do with the arrival of the God who brought me back to life through my dream.

"I think maybe I had a bad dream. "

"I hope so; that means your condition is okay, right? "

"Yes, more or less so. "

When I turned to the side, I could see sunlight shining from outside this cave.

"Wait a minute; I'll be done soon. "

Lenora went back to taking care of the food she was making.

It smells so good: it looks like it's already morning.

When I tried to stand up, my strength had returned. The pain I felt was much lessened even though it was still there.

But, all this sweat. Was it because God arrived in my dream if talking to him for a while could make my body this hot? What would happen if I asked more.

Could this be the reason why God prefers to say only the important things? Whoever he is, I will carry out his orders because he has saved me. Even so, I still guessed it was a man.

"It's ready, Maiko. I've cooked another meal. Eat it. "

She came back again carrying two bowls of food.

"Yes, thank you. "

"be careful, still hot. "

I also received the bowl, and I ate it slowly.

"As usual, your cooking is delicious. "

"It's pretty rare for anyone to praise my cooking, at least eat while we're still together. "

He also ate with me. Some time passed, we finally finished our food.

Come to think of it; God said that I should ask her for help. What does that mean Lenora is a good person ?.

"How is your body condition? "

"I'm getting better, just waiting for my energy to recover. I think I can walk smoothly. "

"Thank God, then have you decided where to go? "

"Initially, I did plan to return to my home country. But, it doesn't seem like a good choice for now. "

Because I again remembered the words of God. I would just throw my life away if I came back right now.

"Did your previous nightmare change your stance? "

The blonde-haired girl laughed after saying that.

"I think so. "

"I'm just kidding. Do you intend not to go home right now? "

"Yes, although I think this is an act of cowardice. But, I have to know my current situation. "

If procrastination is the best move, then I'll do it.

"Coward, I don't think what you said was entirely accurate. Because of that trait, too, maybe you are still alive today. "

"Yes, running away is an act of cowardice. "

I fully understand the meaning of my actions.

"Even so, there are things that can be changed. Whatever happens, there will be a way to enjoy the situation that happens to us. "

"I agree with what you said. "

Because talking to her, she made me feel better.

"Hahaha, thank you. In that case, I'll monitor the situation outside while looking for dinner ingredients. you better stay here. "

"I'm sorry I can't be of much help. "

"It's okay; I should be responsible for your life. So you don't have to think about it. "

But, I think this is the right opportunity to ask for it.

"If my condition is getting better, can you help me? "

"I think I can, as long as it doesn't get me into a conflict zone. "

"No, I'm not asking you to help me get home. At least, can you help me to go to a city?"

"To some city? I think I can do it. So, which city do you want to go to? "

"Thank you very much, about that I think to the city of Zuiderfort. "

"Haah, that dirty city?. do you want to sell yourself there?. "

She immediately scolded me when I said that.

"Sell me?."

"Don't you know the city you are going to? It is one of the seven major cities in the Zagia kingdom. "

It seems that my knowledge of the opposite continent is still minimal; I don't know about it at all.

"Yeah, that's the only clue I can get. "

"Still, going there is not an easy journey. After all, what is your purpose there? "

"I have a friend caught there; at least I want to save her. "

"So that's how it is; it's only natural that I feel strange because I only found you alone. But, how do you know if your friend is there?. "

If I said that a god told me about it, she definitely wouldn't believe it.

"It was the name of the city I remembered before the attackers injured me. At least, I'm sure my friend will be there. "

"It's only fitting that you force like this; I can indeed take you there. It's just that there will be many problems that you will face. Are you sure you want to go there? "

"Yeah, because that's the only thing I can do. "

"I see; okay, I will accept this job. At least, can I get a guarantee? "

I just remembered she is an adventurer. Indeed something like this is something that is needed.

"Right now, I don't have any money, so there's only one thing I can give you."

I decided to take off the ring I always wore and give it to her.

"Hoh is this a natural diamond. Are you noble? "

"I think so. Is this still lacking?."

"No, I think that's enough. Since my job is only to deliver while protecting you, this kind of thing is enough for a B-class adventurer like me. "

Finally, I can breathe easily because that's all I have.

"Thanks very much. "

"But, are you sure you want to make a luxury item like this as collateral? "

"That's all I have; after all, the ring was a gift from my mother. If I don't give it, all I can guarantee is my body. "

"Okay, I won't ask further because it seems you are still very bothered by your problem, but there are some things we need to discuss. "

"what's that ?."

"The meaning of the guarantee here is the certainty that you will pay me; the contract agreement for taking missions should be done at the nearest adventurer guild, but if I look at your situation. I think I can accept the consequences. "

"You will get in trouble if you help me? "

"No, I won't be punished by the guild. Because technically, this is not an official mission. So, anything that happens to us won't be the guild's responsibility. Even if we ask for help, the guild won't take it for granted. "

"It turned out that way. "

26