Chapter 32
1.1k 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes. "

Mafalda also cast Light Shot magic; then she fired it in the direction I said.

It only takes a moment to see all that stuff.

"what happened..."

Mafalda looked taken aback by what she had just seen.

"There's no mistaking it; this is a prison. "

After that, the troops who came in with me walked in front of me to see what was happening.

However, most of them immediately felt nauseous and threw up when they saw what was in there.

The dozens of heads arranged into a sign that this place had been conquered had become proof that the attacking monsters were powerful.

I walked in another direction where our torches weren't shining yet.

At the same time, Mafalda walked up to me.

"Master Severo, please don't be too far from us. "

"Mafalda, borrow your torch. "

"please."

After I took it, I walked into the room that was there.

In just a few steps, I saw the corpses of three men.

Then, I approached the two corpses.

"Only the two of them have intact bodies; did they have a chance to fight before being killed. "

"I'm not sure; it's just that if you look at their rotting bodies. It seemed they had been killed for quite a long time. "

However, I kept looking for some things that should be used as evidence, until in the end, my hand went into his pants pocket.

"Mafalda, I found something. "

After that, I pulled the thing I found.

"This, an adventurer card. "

"You are right, Master Severo; this is indeed the sign of an adventurer. Moreover, the rank written on it says that he is an A-class adventurer."

We were both surprised by what we found.

"What's wrong? "

"There's no mistaking it; this must be the work of a high-level monster. "

We do not agree in understanding this.

"Mafalda, immediately inform all troops after this; we must get out of this place. "

"Okay, I'll do it. "

After that, Mafalda left my side.

However, I'm still confused about what happened. Supposedly, there weren't any monsters strong enough to do all these things anymore.

The demon lord was defeated; there were many demon generals on the run, the monsters that invaded the human lands had lost their place. So, what causes it.

The more I thought, the more confused I became to find the answer.

Until in the end, Mafalda returned to my side.

"Master Severo, I already told them. "

"Yes, thank you. However, it was still hard to believe that some Hobgoblins could do all these things. "

"I also find it hard to believe; it must have been a much stronger monster that did it. Ensuring the safety of the group is our main task now. "

"Okay, we have to go. "

As I walked out, I realized something.

Some feathers fell on the ground.

I picked it up to make sure of something.

Everyone who saw me looked confused.

Mafalda also looked just as confused.

"Master Severo, did you find any clues? "

However, my eyes remained focused on the few feathers I saw. Judging from the black, red, and white patterns, this can be ascertained.

"There's no mistaking it; it's the fur of the Goblin Shaman. "

"What does that mean? A group of Goblins attacked this place. "

Hearing Mafalda's words, all the confusing things were finally solved.

"Immediately prepare your weapons; we must immediately go to where we are going. "

"All right, Master Severo. "

Following my orders, they all immediately left this place.

Arriving outside, most of the members of this expedition group seemed confused about what was going on.

Lawless walked over to me.

"What did you find in there, Master Severo?."

"Have you not heard my order yet? "

"I just want to confirm something about this. "

He seemed to know right away what I meant.

"As you think, we will be moving towards the dungeon. "

"I think this will be a tough task. "

He seemed disinterested in what he knew.

"This should be an easy task; surely, most of them all say that. "

"Surely, there will be many victims from our side. You will determine all. "

I was speechless by his words; how could he know this.

"I won't let that happen; you should also help me to do that. "

However, Lawless seemed unconcerned and cast his gaze in another direction.

"We can't protect people who don't believe in us; after all, they were prepared for the possibility from the start. "

"Still, I must protect the people who come with me; I can't just throw them away. "

"Looks like you don't think much of this; what we're about to enter is a dungeon that no one has ever explored. We will never know what kind of monster will be waiting for us; it is even possible that the goblin that just attacked this place came from there. "

Even he already knows one of the possibilities I've thought of; it seems his head is brilliant in understanding things.

"If that's the case, then I just need to kill all the monsters that attack us. Nothing to worry about. "

For some reason, I was able to say that while smiling at him.

"It's up to you, but I need to remind you that my job is to be by your side. Whatever thing you command, I will only focus on my primary mission. "

After saying that, Lawless went the other way. From another direction, too, Mafalda came to meet me.

"Master Severo, everything is ready. We can leave anytime. "

"I see, thank you. "

I'm still thinking about what Lawless said earlier. The reality was that the people who came with me didn't care about each other.

"Is there something wrong, Master Severo? Has that idiot Lawless been rude to you? "

"No, it's not like that. We only talk about the little things. "

"I thought he was going to tell you his bullshit. Please don't overthink if he says terrible things because he is never optimistic about anything. "

I just found out; he has such a trait. No wonder he always looks lazy.

"Yeah, I think he's pretty good in a certain area. "

"It's a pity, even though he looks lazy. But his head is great at figuring out a solution we need if only he wasn't so lazy. Maybe now, he has become a big person, maybe even joined a hero group like you. "

"Even you praise him, Mafalda?."

To think that she who usually scolded Lawless could admire him too.

"I've worked with him for a long time, so I already know how to deal with his nature. However, he solved all the problems I experienced in just a few moments; his abilities have even been recognized by the king and all the higher-ups of the Zagia kingdom. He deserves that compliment. "

"I see; I guess I can hope for him some things that are beyond my calculations. "

"Yes, I will make it work hard to be able to always help you. "

"I see, let's go. "

Right after that, we walked towards our main destination.

***

After running for a long time, we finally arrived in the middle of the forest. There were only big trees that I could see.

Right now, I'm exhausted because we keep forcing ourselves to escape from the Archana kingdom's army.

"Lenora, can we rest here. I'm exhausted. "

"Although I'm still not sure this place is a safe place, it seems you've reached your limit, huh. "

Lenora lowered her bag after saying that.

"It can't be helped, since earlier we just kept running without ever stopping at all; along the way, you made me worried because maybe we were still being chased by them. "

"I'm still worried about it, but it looks like they won't be able to reach this place. So, you don't have to worry anymore. Take a rest. "

In the end, I just leaned against one of the trees near me.

However, it seemed that Lenora was busy looking for some things. Actually, what is she currently doing?

When I looked at her, she just looked in different directions while staring intently. Was she using her abilities or something?

After doing that for a long time, she finally walked up to me.

"Maiko, sorry for worrying me. "

She just sat next to me.

"No, you must be up to something. Hence, I thought not to bother you. "

"At least, we can relax for now. No one is after us. "

She looked very relaxed as she said that her nature was different from before.

"Oh, I see. "

"Are you disappointed in me? "

"No, I just thought that I wasn't very useful this time. The enemy almost found us. "

If they noticed us, surely our fate would be to become fugitives in that kingdom.

"Don't blame yourself too much; we have also managed to escape from them. Though one might say, we were lucky enough to get away with them. "

"Are they dangerous people? "

9