Enter: Fang Yuan
45 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First person mode

*Emergency landing, entering atmosphere of Planet T-988*

The sound of my AI resounded; the AI is a chip installed into my brain by advanced technology from my destroyed home planet

“Scan planet”

Beep!

*Scanning Planet T-988 *

Blue light reflected on my pupils and in matter of milliseconds a graph appeared before me with 3D model of planet T-988, its color glowed a soft green, blue and various other colors, along with that it showed the stats

Civilization Level: Ancient Era
Threat Level: Dangerous
Energy Detected: Primitive Qi Module
Civilization Orientation: Tribal
Animal Inhibiting Threat Level: Dangerous
Space Time Distortion: Detected
Atmospheric pressure: 1 Atm
Oxygen: Detected

What bad luck, to encounter such a world as harsh as this one, but it is still better than a dead world with no resources, at least with my technological knowledge and foresight I will advance faster than my peers and return to the stars.

*Passing through exosphere, thermosphere, mesosphere…*

A huge white mountain dyed in black clouds appeared before me

*Impact Moment T 0:59*

I closed my eyes and readied for what would be a very uncomfortable moment

The spaceship in the form of a sphere opened 4 parts softening the speed of impact, colorless blaster fuel released

Bang

My spaceship rocked and rolled several times before using it balancing mechanism to find its balance.

Pressing my hand on the window it started unfolding, taking my first fresh air did wonders as it immediately lifted my mood.

“Hide the ship, mask life force and find the nearest civilization”

*Hiding vessel, masking life force, nearest signs of civilization 75 km southeast. *

The ship burrowed itself and in the left corner of my vision a mini map appeared, most of the map would generate based on which path I take and would be recorded as a 3D model.

Traveling on the ground my speed was moderate as my AI would warn me of any dangers ahead, I could just evade them by walking around them or waiting for them to pass, as the matters related to food, I made sure the AI found a suitable location with little danger and allot of vegetation, distinguishing between harmful and non-lethal was also not much of a hassle.

Seeing in the dark was also not a problem as my eyes are enhanced with night, heat and electromagnetic vision properties, my body is also modified to equal the strength of 5 full grown men, with my brain containing several libraries worth of information on how to survive and deal with various situations, topics and subjects, all that would prior be regarded as superhuman was much more common to me as it is a standard within my planet required for basic graduation purposes.

Nighttime passed and day neared closer, in the horizon I could see the outline of a tribe built with tall wooden walls and some men walking occasionally, I did not immediately show myself that would be very idiotic.

Patiently I waited and observed them learning their mannerism, language, and culture, after that time passed, one week became two weeks, two weeks became three and then I struck.

“Modify my exosuit to match common wear for Clover Lotus Tribe, also modify my vocal cords and facial structure to match that of commoner, change my hair color to white and my eyes to ruby”

*Orders accepted, using the blood of Fang Shan and Jing Hua as blueprint, please bear with the pain*

Crunching noises resounded as I screeched out with all my lungs, I may be able to modify cosmetic and facial features but that would be the extent of it, I would still feel all the pain accompanying it.

Hours passed slowly, eventually a tall, big chested barbarian replaced me with white hair and ruby like eyes, with chiseled facial features common within the Clover Lotus Tribe.

After being done I calmly walked towards the entrance of the tribe with a sackcloth bound to a carved wooden stick.

The person standing on the wall immediately became vigilant and screamed for me to halt as it was a face he had never seen, two people locked their arrows on me with their bows ready to fire if given the command the reason they didn’t was because I looked eerily like them, the white hair and ruby being one of their decerning feature of the Clover Lotus Tribe, combine that with the strong facial features and height it completely match them, outsiders would not be able to tell the difference.

Two men with white hair approached me, their ruby eyes reflecting the intent to kill if I made any sudden movement, at about twenty meters they stopped, the one of the two with a scar shouted in my direction

“Who are you?”

I looked at the two, one of them being slightly shorter than me with a scar on his face and the other held onto a big club with a spike protruding from it, his key feature being his hunched back

My mouth opened and out came the story I prepared in an accent like theirs

“My name is Fang Yuan, and I am the estranged son of Fang Shan, I have come back to be reunited with my father”

The eyes of the pair widened one of them went back in while the other one kept his eyes on me but the tension was reduced by allot, the person I spoke about earlier is the tribal leader of the Clover Lotus Tribe, I obtained his blood through DNA synthesis, by collecting several samples of his hair and some dead skin tissues I was able to recreate his blood, the reason I did this is for what is about to come

After several muffling sounds and some chaos, a man appeared with white hair more like mine and face resembling mine, he was slightly taller than me but all in all we resembled each other allot, if his face wasn’t aged, we might even be considered brothers.

The man took one step and vanished, he was fast even for my eyes, next his serious and stoic face appeared before mine, I looked at him and a sense of silence engulfed the surrounding forest we are in.

“Follow me”

His soft voice arrived next to my ears, I looked down and followed him. He led me inside, the inside had houses made of wood, the one he led me towards is a bigger one compared to the others, it also has colorful markings and mysterious symbols surrounding it that would glow from time to time.

Walking inside it is surprisingly simply decorated abode, a bed, table and two couches with a bon fire burning softly in the middle of the room, I suspect that it could have been more decorated extensively, but this was a conscious choice.

Sitting down on one of the couches Fang Shan sat across from me, his demeanor silent studying me, I kept silent until he was the first one to speak

“What is your name?”

“Fang Yuan sir”

Fang Shan nodded to himself and took out three objects which he threw into the bon fire, first a green fire released itself along with the image of a serpent which flew to both of us and coiled around our arms connecting us I did not resist as I know instinctively that this would bring me trouble, then a blue fire released itself along with it a blue chirping bird sat on each of our shoulders, then a red fire released itself from the third object from it a single flaming red blade appeared and moved behind my back.

“Listen well Fang Yuan, this is called the ritual of ancestry, I will draw your blood if it is of my origin then I will know by the blue bird releasing three calls, but if it turn out to be anything but that I will kill you immediately”

My pupils contracted with the help of my AI chip, I nodded at his words, he seems pleased by my resolution. Fang Shan swiped his finger across my arm and his from it the snake drank the blood and glowed a neon color, from then it became silent, and the fire seemed to have dimmed down a bit.

Silence rang and from it came one chirp, then two, then three and with that the snake, bird and blade disappeared. Fang Shan face blossomed with a smile and positive emotions that he did not think he still had.

“Stand up Fang Yuan”

I stood up and he approached me, he opened his bear like arms and gave me a very warm hug.

“Welcome home my son”

I hugged him back and with the help of Ai released a tear

“Thank you, father, your son I happy to be back home”

After that a feast was held for three days, in this period Fang Shan did not ask me question but enjoyed the happy atmosphere together with me and introduced me to all sorts of people from the tribe.

When the third day had passed all celebratory events died down and I was called once again to Fang Shan tent, the warm bonfire added to the warm familial relations of the scene of a father reuniting with his long-lost son. Fang Shan gazed into my eyes

“Fang Yuan tell me about yourself”

“Yes father, My name is Fang Yuan I am 16 this year and am from the northwest, I have lived my life in the forest, I do not know my mother I just remember being raised by Grandpa Shi, one day when I returned he passed away in his sleep so I buried him after that I opened a box that my mother left to grandpa Shi for me, in it was a letter on the letter was described that I am the son of Fang Shan, young master of the Clover Lotus Tribe”

Fang Shan eyes glowed as a certain individual seemed to reflect in his pupils from the warmth of the bonfire, he sighed while remembering his past glory days, he might not say it but he used to be wildly popular because of his features and talents in mastering the art of Qi, but eventually as all people experience old age catches up to him and with that he became more and more occupied with managing the tribe so he had less and less time to enjoy his abundance of resources and train, such is the fate of those whishing to be In positions of power, people would envy him but would not be able to see the chains fastening around them as they got closer to such aspirations.

“Yuan-er, I am sorry”

My (Father) stood up and bowed sincerely to me, I think because I reminded him of how he used to look like in his early days that bonded more to me than his other children according to him I am his 7th child and also his youngest, from those 7, 4 are male and 3 are female, but each of them already left the tribe to explore the world, there used to be 11 but 4 died due to various diseases, situations and animals lurking about also not possessing the talent to cultivate Qi would massively shorten the life span of any normal human allowing them to usually live to only about 40 years of age or even shorter if their living conditions are not ideal.

I swiftly stood up and walked to stand by my (Father) side and helped him up from his bowing position, I never had parents on my previous planet, so this is a new experience to me, my eyes reddened by commanding AI through my mind. Fang Shan looked at me seeing my eyes red his hart felt more guilty, he prided himself in being a good father/masculine figure and mentor so seeing the genuine look made his heart more clenched. He nodded to me

“Yuan-er, do you know what Qi is?”

Good this had been the moment I had been waiting for finally, I showed a confused and honest face

“Father, Grandpa Shi did mention it briefly, but I do not understand it”

He nodded three times towards me, mumbling under his breath something

“Follow me Yuan-er to the family ancestral hall”

It was raining outside, we traveled for about 15 minutes before approaching a museum structured building, with two guard standing by each door and one assassin hiding by in the dark ready to strike or report a situation if necessary.

The faces of the two guards were hidden beneath dark cloaks and even if one was able to peek at them they would discover them also wearing mask with more dark clothing stuck to their bodies, the ancestral hall holds allot of most of the scriptures pertaining to mastering Qi on a higher level, those scriptures of lower level are held in common libraries and do not have guards, only those on the level of Earth, Sky and Heaven would be kept safe in the ancestral hall by guards, the level ranking of techniques are divided from low to high

Mortal-Earth-Sky-Heaven-Asura-Legendary-Martial Law-Star–Ascension-Minor Dao-Greater Dao

There were even more levels to techniques but those would be beyond the realm of this world, in history there are only ever three recorded Greater Dao Lords, Venerable Heaven Seal, Venerable Su Ting and Demoness Sang each of them ruled the world in their era, but that would be a story for another time

Fang Shan took the lead with me following suit, he touched the walls with his hands and the door closed behind us, from the side of the walls torches lit up one by one, making those see all hints of culture around gasp in awe, there were portraits, jewels, scrolls, but the deeper we went the more scarce the resources became, eventually only one wall remained with it being full with scrolls with the Earth scrolls being most in abundance and the Heaven scroll only having three scrolls.

“Yuan-er in this world Qi exist it is the essences of life….”

With that Fang Shan diligently and patiently thought me about the energy source of this planet, he explained that the world we live on to be Xing Tie World, it is in fact huge but I already knew this but still showed a surprised and shocked expression as is expected of me, Fang Shan nodded satisfied with me being a fast learner, then he opened his hand and from it appeared wisp of flames for each finger top, he then created figures representing the history of this world, the figures would evolve and finally create settlement with tribal societies and expand taking over and killing other species in the process.

“Yuan-er our Clover Lotus Tribe used to be headed by Cultivator Clover Lotus 300 years ago, he was a cultivator of the Martial King level, but due to injuries from being betrayed he escaped to this remote part of the world known as the White Snow Mountain Region, if one day you have the opportunity and chance, take revenge on the Fire Bird, Hua Clan”

“Yes father”

The serious look faded and he looked at me again and explained the ranking of the techniques and their use being divided into external and internal cultivators, a person could also practice both, but this would often consume too many resources, Fang Shan had tried this in the past but gave up eventually and kept his focus on internal training as this suited him more.

After this he explained that there were 9 levels to cultivation with each level containing Low, Mid, High, and Peak substages

The levels were placed as follows from low to high

Blood Refinement
Bone Refinement
Qi Refinement
Golden Core
Void Stage
Martial King
Martial Law
Dao Lord
Greater Dao Lord

“Yuan-er, your lord father is Peak Stage Golden Core cultivator.”

He informed me that a week from now the Qi potential testing also known as the Young Dragon Festival would be held for all people having reached the age of adulthood in the tribe with it being 16 years of age.

Returning to my quarters I asked the AI if it recorded everything properly

Beep!

*Scan concluded, 25 Earth level scrolls, 15 Sky level scrolls and 3 Heaven scrolls recorded*

The innocent and honest expression disappeared with a grin taking its place, it was all for this moment that Fang Yuan had planned so extensively, but this is not the end of it next he would ask his (Father) to look at the common library and enhance the library of his AI.

Fang Yuan laid in bed and took his rest soon the next day came and he admitted his request to visit the library, Fang Shan immediately accepted it as it was a common place of knowledge, inside were hundreds of books concerning to various topics with cultivation being the most abundant, after that Medicine and Hunting.

After a brief visit under escort of guards he returned to his home, which was luxuriously compared to common buildings as it used to be of his (First Brother) it contained various artifacts and weapons with some decorations here and there showing the glory behind his (First Brother).

“AI report please”

*Scan concluded 1043 books on cultivating, 441 on medicine, 312 on Hunting……. *

“AI make subfolder for each topic and filter out all false information”

*Mission assigned, 3 days and 12 hours required to conclude order*

With that time passed slowly as I was introduced to various places in the tribe, the people in the tribe smiled to me and treated me well on the surface, but besides being kind to his children, good father, and kind to other children of fellow tribesmen, Fang Shan Is quite the cold ruler and would do so with iron fist.

So we visited the schools, training field, treasury, shops, smith, herbal hall and food court where the tribes children could gather to intermingle and build social relations it was build by Fang Shan as a way to offer a chance to those children of people on lower spectrum of the tribe, even though he rules with iron fist Fang Shan is fair in giving all the children of the tribe a chance to grow and would sometimes favor those children of others beyond his own, there used to be Fang Yuan 6th (elder brother) Fang Gu who used to be a local tyrant, but he messed with the granddaughter of the Head of Guards, Yang Hua challenged and defeated Fang Gu fair and could explain her actions fairly when asked about. Fang Gu was banished by his (Father) with his title stripped. Yang Hua was then promoted and sent to a bigger tribe as a representative of the Clover Lotus Tribe to study at a higher level.

This is the main reason people accepted Fang Shan as their leader willingly even though they feared him, he is a fair leader to his people and would do everything for the progression of the tribe, even choosing his own people above his own flesh and blood if needed.

On our path visiting places I encounter the two from the first time I came here the one with scar is the School Instructor, Zhao Shang and the one with hunched back is Guard Captain Yao Jian. They greeted me with a smile and continued their day, I also slowly returned home under the gazes of my escort.

The escort is Peak level Qi Refinement protector that my (Father) had assigned to me to keep watch over me in the shadows, His name is respectfully Uncle Shadow.

Uncle shadow returned to wherever he came from which is a dark tunnel located in the far corner of the tribe, after taking several detours the dark tunnel led back to Fang Shan abode, knocking on the door

“Uncle Shadow, please come in”

Uncle Shadow opened the door and kneeled while Fang Shan was looking at map, on it were several reports about Fang Yuan and some information about the upcoming Young Dragon Tournament which would be held in a year worth time, he looked to be deep in though planning out Fang Yuan future with care, so Uncle Shadow stayed kneeled for an hour before he was spoken to again

“Uncle Shadow please report”

“Reporting to Tribe Leader, Young master Fang Yuan has visited the locations you recommended and observing him further he seems to not be a spy, I do wish to report that he is unnaturally naïve to his surrounding and others, the child seems to only know about the forest and nothing else”

A gentle smile blossomed on the face of Fang Shan, a relief hard to explain is felt in his chest and his eyes softened, the reason is that Fang Shan could no longer have any children because of sickness, Fang Yuan would therefore be his last child in this life, so he would do anything to treasure that feeling and Fang Yuan existence. Hearing only positive things made him only happier about the circumstances of things, this is truly a blessing from the heavens Fang Shan thought to himself.

Again the imagine of a certain women blossomed in his mind, one that he would never forget and was almost certain had to be Fang Yuan mother, It was also the women he loved the most, it is just that when he was younger they separated because of social statuses being to big, it was a regret he could never erase as he only realized later in life that she is his soul partner sometimes love would mean more than social status, he realized it far to late, but by then when he spread out his scout he found out that she had disappeared without a trace, it was simply a regret that could not be filled but now with Fang Yuan he would do better and do what he couldn’t do for her.

“Good, keep watch over him, do not intervene unless he is in a life threatening state, Elder Xing and Elder Hong seem more and more suspicious everyday, there is a good chance they will revolt against me because of my choice to allow those of the lower class a chance for growth, at least I know that Elder, Head of Guards, Yang Feng is still loyal to me for the favor and opportunity I provided to both her and her granddaughter, Yang Hua.”

With that the Uncle Shadow sighed, Fang Shan dismissed him and sat in silence a dark enveloping him as the candle on his table burned gently and would reflect his shadow on the wall from time to time.

0