Volume 1 : Chapter 2 : A heroic potential…
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Good afternoon, townspeople." 

A woman with auburn hair walked into the stage, she was wearing a strange yet common magician robe and dress, carefully complimenting her hair and face. She held a ball in her hand that was placed above a cushion. Her other hand was holding a wooden stick, the ends above was curled and a red ball of light was floating in the space between the curve. 

"I, I am called Lis." The woman said. 

"A famous magician under the imperial wing." She paused a bit before adding. "I'm in charge of testing the amplitudes, based by the mana and the talent inside of you, you can be a mage, no even more better, a hero!" 

Her hand holding a staff was raised and pointed among the children below, passing by Meru and Lily, she paused. 

'This....' 

"Madam Lis, may we start?"

A feminine voice with no warmth suddenly said. Bringing back Lis into reality as she turned her head to face the knights who had arrived, her sight specifically placed on the female knight that was in the lead. 

"Oh my, Sir Alex, I didn't know you would be in a hurry." Lis said playfully. 

"The church and the castle had received the oracle, it couldn't be that you think it's not important, Madam Lis of flame arrogance."

"Psht. Please don't add the last two words in the end, it just made me remember that time you were a little child, the young sir Alex from before...." 

Alex, a blonde haired woman turned red in anger, her hands in fists as she reminded, "Don't get ahead Lis, I know a lot of secrets that you bore, just hurry up and do what you were told to." 

"Tsk!" Lis clicked her tongue. "Yeah, yeah, I get it~" 

Lis looked towards the back of Alex and saw a little girl gripping the hems of Alex's cloth underneath the thick iron armor. 

"You're Bree, right?" 

Bree opened her tightly shut eyes and looked up, her eyes was in disturbance because of the nervous feeling arising in her heart, albeit this, Bree bravely puffed her chest and nodded. 

"I'm Bree, nice to meet you Mi...Madam Lis." 

"Aww, you look really cute don't you know~" Lis said. "Anyways, come near." Motioning her hand in the air to come to her.

"En." Bree obediently went near Lis and raised her hand. 

"Place your hand above this ball. The more vibrant the color is, the more powerful the mana inside you would be. There are eight colors that defines eight elements, these are: Green, the color of healing. Yellow, for light. Black is darkness. Blue, water.Red is fire. Brown is wood and nature. Violet is poison. And lastly, pink is love or seduce. These are the eight elements and the vibrancy of the color defines one's potential." 

After listening, Bree furrowed her brows in anxiety. Placing her hands into the orb, she closed her eyes. 

'Hmm? This girl is actually gifted, this is very rare.' 

Lis stared at the orb that flashed with light green, vibrant brown and red. The fog with color twisted with each other, the light green fog was in the middle, the brown fog was in the left, intertwining with the red fog in the right. After a short minute, Bree withdrew her hand. Lis patted the girl's head and said: 

"Little girl that goes by the name Bree, congratulations for obtaining a rare gift." 

"Rare, me?" Bree was very surprised, she had her mouth open agape as she stared listlessly upon her hands. 

"That only means one thing..." A rather old voice spoke aloud, Bree raised her head and looked upon her fat dad. The man was large and fat, he had a beer belly that was unable to be hidden under the thick pile of clothes. He was half bald, hair stuck out in the corners and round the areas above the ears. Despite his not trustable appearance, Mister Bidas, the town mayor, is a very nice guy. 

"..Bree, you're able to become a mage!" Bidas said joyfully. 

"Me? A mage?!" Bree raised her hand and held her cheeks, a smile blossomed in her face. 

Watching the scene on the stage, Lily had her mouth opened slightly as a surprise look appeared in her face. 

"Bree's so lucky..." She whispered softly. 

Though soft and not loud, Meru who had his arm embraced by his cousin heard it perfectly. Patting the slender hand, Meru said, "Don't worry," He has not said more than that as possibilities are in a dire number, it could be said that if Lily was embraced by the stroke of luck then saying that she would be 'definitely' is passable. 

Bree happily bowed towards Lis, her ashy blonde hair waved slightly as she said in a warm and delightful voice, "Thank you, Madam Lis."

Lis laughed gently and said, "It wasn't much, for more the better, having a new mage join the ranks is very delighting to see, what's more is that you child, has a rare born gift. Now that things are done do your part, I suggest you go and sit near Sir Alex for the while, I'll call you after things end done." 

"Em." Bree nodded. 

"Now.." Seeing Bree hop and skip. Lis retrieved her gaze back, she then pointed her hand at the black haired boy who was being embraced by a blue haired girl, this boy was no other than Meru. 

"You, child, come to the stage." 

"Who, me?" 

Meru was confused for the moment, before realizing that it was him who was told to come. 

"Lily..." 

"Y,yeah!" 

Lily let go of the hand holding Meru and stood by her own, watching her cousin walk in light steps towards the Auburn haired woman in magician robe. 

"Name?" 

"Meru.." 

"Ah, Meru Feng, no?" 

"It indeed it is." 

"Place your hand on this ball..."

Meru complied with the words spoken by Lis. His hand touched the orb and closed his eyes as like what Bree did in the start. 

Lis had an expectant look in her face, carefully gazing on the orb that dimmed and a colorful light struck out. 

Yellow, blue, wood, red and green.....Grey...

A whirlpool of color sprout in the center. 

Lis froze, her pink eyes shone. She was not mistaken on the sight she saw earlier, this boy had a hero's potential! 

1