Soul Resonance
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue 

It was a strange place there were so many creatures of various race like Beast men, Vampires, Dwarves, Elves, One horned Humanoids, Dragon People, and Demi Gods. I was on a party, everyone was having fun and so am I . I was drinking with someone who's face I can't clearly see and the moment she called my name #######, bang!!!. Everything was engulfed in flames, magic circles appeared in every direction, waves of fiery arrows, tornadoes made of blood and collosal shining claws of the giant beasts. It was a mess, I was flying above them, I was about to cast a spell when suddenly 5 pillars of light began to appear. I was caught in the middle of it, thousands of chains made of gold began to wrap around my body, "####### I never thought that the ######### will be caught off guard" said by the shadowy figure in a menacing manner 

Then I heard a woman shout let ####### go!!! Thousands of fox fires appeared in an instant 

Bzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzz

God damn it, this bloody alarm really do know how to annoy me

It was a cliffhanger again it has always been like that. It was the dream I always had and every time I see and experience it. The feeling was so familiar that it felt real. 

I got up from my bed, took a bath, I brushed my teeth and then made breakfast. My apartment was so organised from the wallpaper to the furnitures it was so neat and also lonely. It was gloomy even though there were many colorful wallpapers of anime characters, shelves of books, cleaning robots and Siri an AI whom I talk to. I am an IT specialist who works on a company that deals with assistive AI like cleaning robots, AI navigations, and other Technological Devices that uses AI. I was just about to  eat when the little devil woke up. "Meow". I got up from the chair and hurriedly went to the kitchen to get a can of tuna. "Meow". This devil once ripped my posters of anime apart just because he was a little hungry.  But he's just (sighs)"Can you please wait?" I said and then opened the can of tuna and put it on his plate, a plate with fish design. I found him on an alley when I was going home from work, he was a skinny little kitten back then now he look like a potato, small and chubby. His color is pure black except for his deep green eyes. I named him Noir which literally means black. It was my turn to eat now that the devil is stuffed so I went back to sit and eat the food I made. I changed my clothes and was about to leave to work, am I forgetting something?I checked my bag, my wallet was there, car key is in there and the only missing is my bloody phone. I left it on my bed so I went back to get it. There was a message it came from the girl I always liked but I feel like she dislike me, so I was trying to distant myself from her. It was depressing just thinking I won't be able to marry her someday. 

"Hey where were you last night? , I waited for 2 hours at the coffee shop, your phone was turned off and your neighbour said that you weren't home." 

I didn't receive a text from you inviting me to a coffee shop though and I was home my phone wasn't off too. And sent her a screenshot that I didn't receive a text from her last night. 

She sent a screenshot back to me containing that the text was delivered. 

I was an IT professional so I checked the back logs of the messages but the message was never received, I thought it was just an error on the server of the messaging app or the telecommunications company. 

I still apologised and ask if she was free later at night. She replied "Yes but tonight we won't be going to a coffee shop". I replied "Ok" I got on my car and drove to the workplace, the day passed by and after work she was already waiting outside the building, wearing the brightest smile, gosh I'll die early because of her my heart can't stop on beating so fast. "So where to?" I asked." We're going to drink and you can't back out now" she grabbed my arm and pulled me, we were walking side by side she was still clinging into my arm. We arrived at an open drinking area, tents are the only roof and small tables  are lined up each table was only good for two person. 

A waiter then took an order from us. I let her made the order. "two draft beers and two buckets spicy chicken skin and wings" 

"Will you be ok? This is the first time you agreed to drink." she said. "I can handle this much" I replied. 

Time really flies the chicken was gone and we drank about 5 glasses of beer. She began acting like a child and was requesting a piggy back ride, well I myself was also drunk but I can still stand and walk, the shop was also closing so we needed to go. My car was left on the parking lot outside the building of the company I'm working. So I needed to walk while carrying her to get in there. She was so drunk and now she's asleep. 

"You're quite heavy, you need to have a proper diet" I said, I didn't know she was  awake. 

"Hmm but you're walking normally am I really heavy?" She replied while giggling 

I was embarrassed I didn't know she was awake coz I'm carrying her on my back. 

I was silent and was about to reply when she cut me off.. 

"Hey do you still like me? You said you hate alcohol and swearing and you know that I always do that.. I'm curious. "

"Of course I like you"

"You only say that when I ask" 

"Because I'm embarrassed"

"So you're embarrassed that you like me then?" 

"Its not like that, oh, we're here "

I slowly knelt down and she got down slowly, entered the car and sat on the car's passenger seat. 

"Can you still drive?" She asked 

"If not we can just sleep here in the car. I'm cold  so come here give me a hug."

"I'm going to die if you that though, and you're saying that because you're drunk"

"Aweeee you should stop drinking coffee, you think too much."

"You should learn how to enjoy life without even giving a thought about what will happen next, you know."

I was about to enter the car when cold wind blew into my ears, a chill went down into my spine and then a car that went out of control hit me. 

I couldn't feel anything anymore, I was losing all my senses, I my visions became cloudy, I couldn't hear anything the only thing I knew was, a very thick smell of blood. It was probably the blood I'm losing because of the wounds. The only thing I had in mind was, is Kiana alright? Then everything was black.. 

#######

Woooosh, BOOM!!!!! 

"Well, well, well what do we have here?" HUHUHAHAHAHA , a menacing voice echoed through out the battlefield. 

I already caught him and he's gonna be my new body, his soul already being destroyed by the five elements seal, he'll be nothing but an empty vessel. 

YOU DARE!!!!  Someone shouted it was a beautiful lady with long shiny silver hair, 9 tails on her back. Her eyes were fiery and her tails was glowing in different colors she was sorrounded by thousands of fox fire dancing around her ready to attack at any moment. 

She gathered all the Fox Fires and made a vortex out of it and focused fire in the pillars, but it didn't budge not even a scratch was made. 

Her face grew fierce and a smile was visible on her face. "If I cant destroy the spell, I'll just have to destroy the caster then." 

#########

0