Chap:1-Given Generously
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today's second breaking news:- "hundred million abducted. Whereabouts unknown."

...

Stephen:

It was a regular Wednesday afternoon, as regular as afternoons could be. I was a regular guy with regular problems like student loans, ups and downs with "maybe" my girlfriend, I guess, working two jobs to make ends meet. Ah, sweet regular life. And then on a similar regular Wednesday, it was an afternoon, did I mention, one thing led to another and now I am royally fucked. Fucked beyond measure. Fuck.

And why am I talking to myself? Well, as a broke student I read a lot of manga and webnovels and stuff, you know regular escapism from life stuff. In all of those, pretty sure all the protagonists who end up alone in a dungeon talk to themselves. To keep their sanity maybe or are they already freakin' insane to begin with? Whatever...

Well that's me. I was summoned into this dungeon, I chose my stupid weapons thinking I will be OP as fuak but guess I may not be the chosen one. I am probably one of those that get summoned along with an MC and die to become an example. Huuuh...

So, here's the deal, I was summoned here apparently by the CEO of our realm as he called it, our realm being one of many. He goes by the name Veera. He kidnapped me into his dimension, very casually. He told me the earth is fucked, very casually. He told me I gotta save it or die trying, very very casually. He told me to consider the dungeons as training grounds, suuure. A training ground that will kill me the moment I step on it.

On the positive side, I got a free home, three free weapons, free clothing, if you consider armor as clothes. All these attached to my 'soul' huh. If I lose these I become a turtle without a shell.

On the negative side, I am an idiot.

I chose my main weapon as a magic staff because why wouldn't I. Magic is supposed to be OP for all transmigrators. I just missed a very important point. In a dungeon, no one will teach me magic, you stupid fuck, why, why would you choose a freakin' staff......Calm down, Calm down boy.

Huh, so here's the deal, my main weapon as of now is a stick. My secondary weapon, you may ask, please don't.

It's a ring. On another note, I wonder if there are succubus in this dungeon. Not the point right now. Gotta survive level one first. Focus!

My only hope now, my third, tertiary weapon. A dagger. There was no logical reason behind it, it just so happens that some of my fave MCs use dagger and look cool using it. This dagger, if I have to describe it, it's like a knife that wanted to be a short sword or a short sword that wanted to be a knife.

Basically it's big but not that big. That's what she sa...not the point right now. Hold it boy.

It's like a bastard infant of a machete. It does look modern though.

Roy:

Roy was a war veteran, a decorated soldier and a sniper hated by the enemy. His kill count was by no means the highest but his cleverness along with extreme patience made him a lethal enemy. But no matter how good a soldier is, he can never disobey his orders during wartime and thus was discharged from his duty.

Sitting on a bus, looking outside the window, Roy was contemplating his life choices and what the future may hold. 'At Least I can go back to Martha and my sweet little daughter' he thought.

It was a sunny afternoon on a Wednesday, the streets were busy and life would have gone on; but in a flash countless portals opened over people's heads and started sucking them in.

The event was caught by numerous cameras around the world where people were seen struggling, holding onto anything but nothing worked. All the people who tried to help them were not affected by the pull but they still couldn't hold onto the victims.

Roy was one of them. When the portal appeared over his head and started pulling him in he was startled at first but immediately thought of hiding under the bus seat to avoid the upward pull.

He was pulled up, ass first, since he was too late to go under and then lost his consciousness.

When he woke up he saw he was in an infinitely dark place with only one source of light. 'What the hell happened' he thought.' What is this place? Is this an alien abduction.'

"Hello" He shouted, although he knew how stupid it was.

"Hello there!"

Roy freaked out for a moment but caught his breath and asked

"Did you...bring me to this place."

"Yes I did." The voice answered nonchalantly.

There was an awkward silence after that until Roy asked again

"What do you want?"

"Glad you asked. I am Veera. My job is to maintain, run, and manage this realm that you live in. Different from a god, my only job is to make sure my realm functions properly. The gods can make rules for the mortals and toy with them all they like but they cannot do anything to harm the realm or I would personally intervene."

"So you want me to..." Roy was interrupted.

"Shush...I am not done talking. Anyway, this time shit hit the stars and the whole realm smells. Not literally. But anyway, it's the fallen Supreme's curse. A curse that plagues the macrocosm has successfully invaded our realm and this is where you come in."

"So what do you want me..."

"Listen here, you are not the only one. "

"Okay" 

"You are also not special."

"Sure..."

" I mean to say many others like you were taken...acquired for the purpose of training. You would be put in a dungeon with hundred levels and the only way back home is completing the dungeon. If you die, you are dead."

Roy was stunned, he didn't get a single thing this voice said.

"Are you following me?" asked the voice.

"No Sir" answered Roy

"Good. Now we don't just want to kill you all but more like develop you all into capable warriors and your only job in the future would be to save earth, if you could complete the dungeon, that is. What you do other than that is none of our business. Your reward would be whatever you acquire in the dungeon. These are hard times but also the only time in the macrocosm where mortals like you get a chance to achieve something like godhood and all. The limitations have been removed. You get my point."

Roy took a deep breath and said "sure."

"If you don't get something just ask." The voice said annoyedly.

"Well I don't get any of this."

"Good. So about the dungeon, we will provide you with a soul abode. It's like your home but in the beginning it is more like a cave. It's protection is also up to you. Try not to lose it. It could become your own personal dimension in the future. You also get full body armor, made of a certain beast hide in the beginning but it also can be upgraded. I hope you got all of that."

"..."

"Say something, do you get it or not."

"Yes Sir."

"I am not a Sir."

"Yes Ma'am"

"I am not a ma'am either."

"Yes...?"

"Good. Now choose your weapons."

When the voice was done info dumping, a huge holographic array came in front of Roy.

"Uh, Can I get a sniper?"

"Do you SEE a sniper in your selection?"

Roy paid more attention to the selection and viewed the weapons one by one. There were huge swords, spears and other medieval looking weapons.

Then he saw it, an older version of an assault rifle. He was surprised.

"So guns ARE allowed?"

"Guns have their pros and cons. Basically you are only as good as your gun. But the world you would witness will be different. If you choose a gun you would have to constantly work on the bullet's lethality and the sheer number of bullets but as a warrior or a mage you could depend on your own strength. You could also mix guns with warrior or mage, all up to you."

"How do I acquire bullets then?"

"With every gun you choose you will get a bullet maker. Feed the energy crystals you acquire in the dungeon to get bullets."

With that Roy continued to see if there is a better weapon to choose from.

He saw many guns, there was even an AK-47 in the selection but considering the supply of bullets he chose not to take it.

He finally found a gun he could use for sniping. It was a bolt action Mosin Nagant made in eighteen ninety one. This was the gun the famous 'white death' used to kill more than five hundred enemies alone. The gun can hold five bullets but each bullet needs to be loaded manually.

With that done he chose his secondary weapon as a machete. It looked like a modern tactical machete often sold online. He thought if he ran out of bullets he would need a melee weapon he is used to already.

Looking for a tertiary weapon Roy wasn't expecting much but to his surprise he saw a Glock 19.

'That's my go to pistol in dire situations. That's a tertiary weapon!' he thought and then asked

"Why is a pistol like the Glock 19 just a tertiary weapon?"

"Who knows?"

'You should' he thought but didn't say anything. With that he was happy that at least he was prepared the best way he knew.

The sniper came with ten initial bullets, a bullet holder belt and a bullet maker. Machete came with its sheath and the Glock came with one magazine loaded and one extra along with its bullet maker and a holster.

A light then covered his body and an armor appeared on him along with all his weapons and an empty bag behind him.

Sniper on his back. Glock holstered at the waist on his left and the machete on the right. 'I am prepared...for something.' he thought.

"Oh. Look at you. Just like a kid ready to go to school for the first time. It's time for you to go, the other things will be given to you down there. Those are common things given to everyone. With that let me say that you were given very generously, don't waste this chance and survive to see the new world. Okay then bah bye boy."

1