Chap:3- Exploration
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Draco:

Draco slowly woke up after transferring into the first level. 

‘Hmm….where am I, whatever...just five more minutes...’ he thought as he stretched his body and yawned hard. 

“No wait!” He jumped up a moment after the yawn.

‘So, I am in the dungeon huh. What do I do now?’ he thought. 

He got up and started checking his surroundings and his belongings. He saw he was lying on a bare stone bed carved out in the cave in a corner, but not even a sheet to cover it. He looked around and found his weapons lying next to the bed.

‘So, here is my beautiful halberd. Oh...hello there sweetie pie.’ He thought as he took a few swings, did a thrust and hooked his make belief enemy. ‘And a dagger too. Daggers are indeed badass. It feels so right holding this dagger and zapow’ he swung his arm behind his back as if there was a sneak attack ‘got you Mr. Assassin...cool.’ 

His face felt small for the smile that Draco did ‘and finally, my babe, my first wife forever, my sweet desert eagle.’ 

He held the Deagle like a monkey would hold a lion cub.

It took quite a while to get over his obsession where he just caressed the gun for half an hour. Gun safety measures were thrown into the air as he came very close to blowing his own head off.

‘Ah..good,good. The weapons are good. Other than that I have this full body leather armor and a helmet.’ 

The helmet looks as good as a biker’s helmet and with the whole leather suit covering him up he looked more like a biker prepared for a ride.

He looked around the cave. There was the bed carved out in the cave wall where he got up from and four holes that led somewhere. 

He moved to see where they lead. ‘Oh...so this is a bathroom.’ There was just a single tap in the small room and a hole in the ground in one corner.

Another hole had another small room with a slab at about waist height attached to a corner and had a single stove on it. Where the gas came from can not be seen. ‘How do I make a fire or a spark to start this stove though.’ he wondered. There was another tap here on one corner.

The third hole leads outside. He chose not to go out yet and moved towards the fourth hole.

It went down and he has to make sure he doesn't slip while crouching. At the end there were two paths, one had a weird, full wall covering computer and the other looked like a room for training. The computer had one black and white screen and some weird buttons and holes below it. It was slightly higher than Draco.

He checked the training room first. It seemed as if it was custom prepared for Draco. There was a wide area for halberd and dagger practice and a straight, single shooting range. There were a few mannequins made of hay and tied on a stick. ‘I see. It seems I will be spending a lot of time here.’ 

He then moved to see what the computer was about. He went near it but couldn’t see any start button. “Hello...” he said.

The computer turned on and a message flashed on it. “Place your Analyzer.”

‘Analyzer? Oh this ancient mobile phone’ He took out the Analyzer from his waist belt. It looked like it was made of hard iron. With a rugged look, it only had a small screen on its top half and a huge speaker on the bottom half. 

“There you go, Miss computer.” There is no indication if the computer has any gender though.

After the Analyzer was placed in the only socket that looked like a mobile phone holder, the computer screen started showing messages.

“Welcome to your new journey. I am your system for as long as you exist or I exist. The Analyzer is my extension that you can take anywhere. You can use it to collect information or upgrade its functions to your liking. You can also upgrade me along with your soul abode and weapons. It takes Dios to upgrade anything. Dios are energy crystals that you would receive after killing any dungeon monster. Different monsters have different dios with corresponding energies within them. Bring them back here to me, put them in the Dio collector and use the converted energy to upgrade.”

“Okay, what else?”

“See the glass cylinder there, place your weapon to check its stats in it.”

“Oh now we are talking.”

Draco put his halberd in the cylinder and its stats appeared on the screen. 

“Halberd-Basic

Thrust: 7

Slash: 10

Hook: 4

Endurance: 12

Available points:0

Evaluation: A basic halberd good for practice and simple self defence

“Hmm...that’s not much. Okay then dagger next.”

“Tactical dagger-Basic

Thrust:4

Slash:6

Endurance:15

Available points:0

Evaluation: A reliable dagger for bushcraft and camping.

‘Not bad, now for my darling here’

“Desert Eagle-Basic

Accuracy:8

Lethality:19

Range:15

Bullets:7

Ease of use: 3

Endurance:15

Available points:0

Evaluation: A deadly weapon in the right hands. Hard to use but deliver results.

‘The evaluation is good but BASIC, you call my dear deagle basic, you are BASIC, dumb computer.’

“Anyway, is that all?”

“Here’s the last of it. Take the training manual pills and a one month ration. Once the ration is over you would have to figure out your own way of acquiring food.” 

With that a few pills and a huge box appeared in the cylinder. He took them out and checked its contents. Three pills for three weapons and the box contained thirty small packs. He recognised the pack immediately.

‘This is the military food meal ready to eat or MRE. Countries around the world have different MREs for their military and some are even sold online. It's a huge hit with the gun lovers who also go out camping, pretending their ‘apocalypse’ or something like that. This looks like the one  Caroza Republic’s military uses. This pack has two salt packets, two sugar packets, a coffee pouch, napkins? Two meal packs that only need boiling water. A can with ground beef. The can can also be used for boiling water and seven matchsticks with a single phosphorus strip. There are even crackers in here...’

Draco looked up as if lost in wonder. ‘This is amazing. Am I in paradise? Those dudes must be so jealous of me right now.’

Roy:

Roy stood outside the cave entrance. His small cave-home was on the top corner of the huge cave of the dungeon, overlooking the entire scene in front. A huge underground cave with trees, bushes and shrubs scattered everywhere, vines on the cave walls and also open areas where boars roamed. There was a narrow pathway along his cave sloping down to the ground along the edge. It was big enough for a single person to go down.

Roy took a deep breath. ‘Not much changed for me it seems. Same old living in a cave, eating MREs and shooting enemies. The enemies changed though.’

“This is the level one of the dungeon?” Roy asked in his analyser.

“Yes.”

“What is my mission then?”

“The first level has two enemies. The boars here and a bear as the boss monster. Kill them to move to next level”

“Good.” He put the analyzer back in his waist pocket and started moving down the slope slowly.

He crouched and hid in the bushes as he reached the ground and started moving around. After some time he reached somewhere around the center and was hiding under a bush. ‘These look like actual wild boars in a regular jungle. Their strongest sense is smell but none have found me yet and their other senses are weak to begin with. Now how do I take them out? Let's make a count first.’

“Can you differentiate between individual wild boars here?”  He asked in his analyzer.

“Yes.”

“Good, I want to count the total number of boars here.”

“Yes.”

This time Roy started covering every nook and corner of the huge cave moving from bush to bush or climbing trees for a better look and recorded every boar that he could find. Once he was satisfied he asked the analyzer. “How many?”

“There are fifty three boars on the map. You have covered the entire map which has been recorded. You can see your current location marked on the map.”

“Okay.”

Roy decided to go back to his cave for now. He saw another hole in the cave which he thought must belong to the bear. He decided not to go in there for now.

He was tired and hungry after these few hours and decided to take a bath first. He took off his armor and went to the bathroom where he just sat down under the tap and washed himself with his hands. He came out naked and wet as there was nothing to dry himself with. He took an MRE and picked a ready to eat pouch, went to the kitchen and used a match stick that came with the MRE to light the stove. He used the can for cooking and the tap water for boiling.

He came back and sat down on the bed carved out in the cave wall and began eating with a 

plastic spoon that came with the MRE.

‘Now, how to deal with these boars.They look pretty much normal and equally as unaware if I don't make a sound. Glock will attract too much attention and sniping them would be a waste of bullets. Fighting with a machete head on? Doesn’t feel like a good choice. They are only knee high and how much of their thick skin would I penetrate striking down at that angle. It seems like traps are the only viable solution. The vines would be useful for that. Some ground beef would work as bait’

As he ate his food silently he laid down his plan for dealing with the boars. With the map on the analyzer he doesn’t have to re-visit every spot to search for a trap location.

1