Ch-42: Silver Dusk Palace
1.4k 1 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

London, the capital of the United Kingdom has a long, rich history that stretches back to the ancient Romans. 

London has always been a wealthy city, but the city has seen a step-change in its fortunes in recent decades. 

But, the fact that cannot be denied is that London is both historically and economically rich. 

In a coffee shop on the busy streets of London, England. 

The coffee shop is not very luxurious, it is a common coffee shop on the roadside, however, the archaic wooden decor of late nineties mixed with a modern touch makes it more unique in this metropolitan city. 

Near the window table of the coffee shop, Roy, Erica and Liliana were sitting relaxed, tasting the coffee specially brewed by the shop owner, a beautiful lady in her mid-thirties. 

Erica and Liliana sitting on the either sides of Roy, both in their respective red and black battle dress. 

Roy has already changed his cardinal robes into a black overcoat and a pair of white slim-fit trousers along with a pair chocolate brown color Chelsea boot on his feet. A red 'cloth strip' was tied to his right hand. 

His deathly silver-white hair looked more striking on the jet black overcoat. White hair is not unique nowadays when people can dye their hair, but to the people in the cafe his 'dyed' hair looked very natural, as if he was born with it. 

His bright silver-blue eyes seemed to be a part of broken sky. His eyes were originally deep black, but after usurping the <Visage of The Alpha & Omega>, it changed. 

Both the double pupils fused, it looked as if his pupils in both the eyes where highlighted with a silver shadow. 

This combination of a handsome man and two beautiful ladies seemed to brightened the atmosphere which garnered eyes of the people present in the cafe. 

Many men working with their laptops in the coffee shop would take a peek or two of the two beautiful girls from time to time.

Erica has the unique enthusiastic demeanour of Italians. The golden-blonde hair and the arrogant aristocratic temperament, coupled with the exquisite and gorgeous face and proud figure, makes her look as elegant as a gem. 

If such a woman walks on the road it is enough to become the focus of the whole crowd. 

Not to mention that next to her there is another gorgeous girl who has a different temperament from her, but equally beautiful. 

As the descendant of her Eastern European mother, Liliana has white and fair skin and looks like a cute porcelain doll, especially with the upright and awe-inspiring temperament, she looks more like a valiant knight of middle ages. 

Roy, surrounded by two dead-drop gorgeous girls with their own unique styles, naturally became the object of other's sneak peeks and even envy.

But Roy wasn't interested in the envy or admiration of these 'common people'. He just looked at the spires of the grand palace on the other side of the road through the window. 

This is the Silver Dusk Palace, the former Palace of Whitehall, the Palace lies on the north bank of the River Thames in the City of Westminster in central London. 

"This is the residence of the Duke of Goddodin, right? The ability to have such a ancient palace as the residence in central area of the City of London, is enough to display the power and influence of Duke Ove Nafal. These ancient noble families are really rich."

Roy signed as he took a sip of the Iced Frappuccino in his cup.

"The Ove Nafal family is closely related to the Royal family of England. It is said that the progenitor of Ove Nafal family was the descendant of some king during the Victorian era."

"The current Duke of Goddodin is the strongest knight of England. Moreover, this palace was originally owned by the royal family, but twenty five years ago, two Great Knights of the assassination mage association, Howling Darkness tried to assassinate the queen at a ceremony."

"The Duke of Goddodin single-handedly killed the two Great Knights. This palace was awarded for his bravery."

"As the only daughter of the Duke of Goddodin, Princess Alice, who is well-known in the entire magic circle, deserves lives here but..."

"King, what are we observing here? Don't we enter the palace directly?"

Erica explained as she heard Roy's sigh. Although she wanted to complain that Roy is now the ultimate ruler of Holy See, the total wealth of Holy See belongs to him. 

The Silver Dusk Palace of the Duke of Goddodin is nothing compared to the forts and palaces that Holy See owns all around the world, but she still suppressed her inner impulse, as a knight she shouldn't question king's reactions, so she gave Roy a rough explanation of the glorious deeds of the Duke of Goddodin. 

"Before kidnapping the target, we have to see if the Princess is still in the palace otherwise who will the devil king abduct, the princess's maid? "

Erica rolled her eyes on Roy's answer. Looks like the king is really into enacting the 'Devil King abducts the Princess' scene. 

"King, isn't is easier if we make a request to meet Princess Alice and then tell the princess to aid the 'King' in holding the ceremony?"

Liliana couldn't help but asked.

"What if this Princess Alice is not willing to perform the ceremony for me?"

Roy asked rhetorically.

"I think Princess Alice will dare not refuse the request of the king, right?"

Liliana said with her own understanding.

"Haha, Lily, although you are smart, you are still a little innocent in worldly matters. Even the 'devil king on earth' is not respected by everyone. If it was someone else, that person will definitely obey." 

"But this 'Sage Princess' is different. She has had skirmishes and several run-ins and outs with Black Prince Alec and even won most of the times."

"Gascoigne's ventures are a lesson. I don't want to see a princess who treats me with the likeness of 'Black Prince', so instead of doing meaningless civilised talks, let's just capture her and get it done and go back home early."

Roy smiled heartily, but as he explained his eyes narrowed and voice become colder: 

"...When facing some people, you have to be headstrong and make her feel afraid of you, make her know that I have no bottom lines or cautiousness of Black Prince."

"Only if I act like a cruel, bloodthirsty villian; will she dare not resist in fear. That Alexander Gascoigne is just a 'devil king on earth' in name, in my opinion he is just a pus-, cough, scaredy cat."

"...Besides, I'm the devil king on earth, so if I need to ask for a meeting or like, wouldn't this be a shame to my title?"

"Why did the Marquis Voban go to the Far East to find the Hime-Miko named Yuri Mariya? Even though, Marquis Voban is the King of Eastern Europe, but he didn't come to the more closer London to take the princess."

"That old man knew that it would be more harder to get this Sage Princess to hold the ceremony. Moreover, Princess Alice has a high position in Council of Sages, which researches on Campiones."

"So she has the most comprehensive knowledge on the characters of all the Campiones, and how to handle them."

"All I have to do is to not make any predictable actions. Ok, now let's go, let's meet this princess who is the most famous witch in Europe."

Roy got up and opened the door of the coffee shop and walked across the road. Erica followed him step by step, while Liliana hurriedly got up and went to checkout.

"King, according to the news from our sources in South Africa, Salvatore Doni did not find the Heretic God, he may return to Italy soon."

Erica, who followed Roy informed, her calm face was visibly anxious.

"What do you think of Salvatore Doni, Erica... do you think he will be angry because I took his things?"

"Based on what I know about Salvatore, he probably won't care about this... but he is very likely to challenge the king. He is a sword obsessed fighter."

Erica replied without thinking for another moment, obviously she had already considered this situation.

"Well, Erica, you are right. That person is a bit lacking in his head. If he comes to me, the big deal is that I will fight and defeat him..."

Hearing Roy's evaluation of the King of Swords, Erica smiled a bit, but she also had to admit that Roy was right. 

"King, we hope—"

"I know what you want to say, don't worry, I am not a bloodthirsty demon who likes to kill people meaninglessly. If he wants to fight with me, I will choose a barren place with no human settlements."

Erica look a deep breath, relieved about the worries that she had after learning about Salvatore's return from the Seven Sisters. 

After receiving the news of Salvatore's return, the Seven Sisters urgently notified Erica and Liliana, hoping that they could find a way to persuade the new king to not fight inside the city. 

If two Godslayers fought in big cities like Rome and Milan, many people will die, even Italy's national economy will shatter. 

Erica herself was still worried about how to persuade the 'king' who is 'cruel' and 'does his own way'. But now it seems that although the 'king' is a devil king on earth, he is not bloodthirsty. 

At this time, Liliana also ran out to catch up with the two after checking out. After recieving the signal from Erica's eyes, she also felt relieved. 

As a member of mage association of Italy, they are also Italians. Naturally, they don't want the land and people of Italy to suffer any disaster.

"Sorry, this is a private domain, not a public visiting area. Please leave."

When Roy and others approached the gate of the Silver Dusk Palace, the security personnel stepped forward and stopped them.

These security personnel are ordinary people and have nothing to do with magic.

Roy hadn't spoken yet, Erica and Liliana just looked at each other, then the two girls stepped forward and directly launched the hypnotic magic to let these security personnel let them go inside. 

They were afraid that these people would disobey the king and as a result will be turned into a pillar of salt in next instance. 

The security personnels who were hinted with the hypnotic magic quickly stepped aside and let Roy walk into the manor.

Roy was not angry about Erica and Liliana's behavior as they interfered without asking for his permission. He knows that these two kind girls wanted to minimize casualties.

Roy only asks for the result, and doesn't cares about the procedure.

As for Erica and Liliana who have kindness in their heart, he doesn't want to change their thinking, let them bloom as the kind of flower they are. 

His path to inside of the palace was totally unimpeded. With the two Great knights as his pioneers, Roy easily walked through the outside garden and entered into the main central building. 

No matter who it was, ordinary people or knights or mages, Erica and Liliana used their hypnotic magic to send them away. 

But, as they entered the palace, for the first time Erica and Liliana's hypnotic magic failed, a middle-aged woman blocked their path. 

 ————————————————————–—

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. However, it is also the motivating force for mankind. 

So, support me at P@treon with advance chapters~

patreꝍn.com/LoreTemple

60