Ch-55: The Spellbook That Invokes Fetish Of It’s Master
1.3k 2 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haa... haa... haah... "

Roy temporarily stopped his tempestuous attacks to that was shuttled at a rapid speed. He requires some time to recover his physical energy consumption.

As for the bolts of lightning, Marquis had already retracted the <Trinity of Wind, Rain & Thunder> as his magical energy was declining rapidly to maintain both the Werewolf form as well as to keep the clouds. 

Roy seemed to have the upper hand in the battle with Marquis Voban, but Roy knows that this situation cannot be sustained for long and he must quickly resolve the fight, but it is easier said than done. 

Especially when Marquis Voban is also landing a hit or two on him. Roy's abdomen has a deep wound that was torn apart by Marquis's claws. Roy was currently rather skillfully using his mana to forcibly stop the flow of blood. 

The battle between Godslayers is the distribution and application of magical energy and divine authorities.

Just like Roy's <Jacob's Limbs>, every punch and kick with the intent of the authority is consuming magical energy. If the magical energy reaches the bottom, he won't be able to use the <Jacob Limb's>.

There is no difference in the total amount of magical energy possessed by each Godslayers. 

So, how to use the 'limited' magical energy to allocate among the different authorities, and use the combinations of different authorities to bring victory is the most important thing to consider in the battle between Godslayers.

At the same time, Roy also discovered that his biggest weakness is that his body is too fragile without the power of the <Prince of Blazing Light>.

Although Roy is a godslayer and his physical strength far exceeds that of ordinary people, but among the godslayers, without the Angel Physiology his physique is too weak. 

If he is accidentally injured in the head or a vital point by an authority, it would directly pass him to half-dead state or even kill him.

"Boy, your fighting style reminds me of my old enemy. This is really my least favorite method of fighting!"

"But you are the biggest fool to waste your time in pursuing perfection. You don't know, but every godslayer shall soon face the 'end'."

"And you the youngest is the most pitiful with the least time to enjoy the glory your title brings, you shall be enjoying yourself... I enjoy wars and battles."

"My oldest enemy likes martial arts and that idiot boy likes sword. But your eyes show that battle clearly not among your list of pursuation."

The previous fight had already exhausted both Roy and Marquis Voban, both were panting for breath. Marquis could see that Roy was a hard nut to crack, so he started to use mental physiology to change Roy's mind. 

But the foolish Marquis didn't know Roy's identity. He is a occultist with deep research on Thelema, a philosophy that is said to possess 'toxin' and is sometimes pushed into the 'area' of demonology. 

So, Roy also has a 'poisonous tongue' just like Aiwass. It's just that he mostly doesn't prefer to use it.

"It is the mark of the mind untrained to take its own processes as valid for all men, and its own judgements for absolute truth. And I see one right in front of my own eyes."

"Huh! Boy you have a sharp tongue! Today watch as I pull that out for you!"

A cold look appeared on Marquis's wolfish face as he said with a malicious smile:

"You launched such a fierce attack as soon as I came up without any hesitation, your attacks looks are almost desperate. It seems that you can't maintain your Archangel form for a long time."

"From the information I got, you have killed only two heretic God. Saint Archangel Michael and Enoch the Metatron."

"The power you used in the hotel before should have come from Metatron, and the authorities you are using now should be what you have gained from Michael."

"Although I don't know why you gained seven divine authorities from killing a single Heretic God, but the use of these powers are not unlimited. From the way you fight, I presume that the time is the limiting factor."

The sound from Marquis Voban wolf's head was tyrannical and rapacious, he kept his eyes closed and did not dare to look at Roy's face. 

He had already somewhat guessed the power Roy usurped from Metatron, and also discovered it's limitations. In the previous battles, he had kept his eyes closed all the time, only relying on his instinct to fight.

"I didn't expect a 'junior' like me to get such deep attention of an old man like you, Marquis Voban. Should i say, this be my honor?"

Roy had already straightened out his breath his breath. His time is limited, he couldn't waste his precious time on bickering and stepped forward. 

"Boy, you have suddenly become so polite. Oh, it's because you know that you are not my opponent and want to ask for forgiveness. But whether to forgive you or not depends on my mood. Hahaaa..."

Marquis Voban laughed back with his wolf head held high. His suddenly leaped back, it looks like he was planning to use time delay tactics to consume the time, and when Roy loses his strength he will defeat Roy in one fell swoop.

Marquis Voban was never a fierce daring tiger, he has always been a scheming and cunning wolf. 

He doesn't mind if his fighting style looks cowardly to others. After knowing Roy's weaknesses, he will not foolishly participate in a fair fight, he is a hunter and a wolf not a chivalrous knight. 

Even if this kind of delaying tactics damages his reputation as the oldest demon king, but for the cunning wolf, victory is the most important thing, either by honour or by deceit. 

Roy's heart sank in thought, these godslayers may be ignorant but not fools. Even the oldest demon king can put down his reputation, to choose the most correct method of fighting.

"Winged birds flying around like flies are really troublesome. But boy, let you see what this 'old man who has half stepped into the coffin' has."

Previously, Roy relied on his speed and flying advantage to gain an upper advantage in the battle. Now, Marquis Voban wanted to show that he is no less. 

"I don't learn magic because I let others learn it for me!"

"Come To Me, Spell Out The Carved Book With Disinherited Knowledge! For My Desire Is To Incorporate The Wonders Of The Occult!"

A wonderful magic book appeared in front of Marquis Voban, and then the book opened and burst out with brilliance, capriously releasing powerful magic energy from it. 

The book morphed into a humanoid posture and as the light diminished, the figure showed it's face to the world. 

A ten-year old girl with doll like face with blonde hair and blue eyes was floating beside Marquis.

She was wearing frilly purple dress and black cloak coupled with a black hat with wide brim on her head. She didn't have any form of emotions on her face, just like a plastic doll. 

Suddenly the doll like girl chanted and spell was released from her hands and Marquis who was standing on the ground started to descend upwards with the doll-like girl floating behind him. 

It was the flying magic that only high-level mages could use. With the support of the magical power of the doll-like girl, Marquis Voban can fly for a long time, which gave him the ability to dominate the air.

This is the divine authority Marquis Voban usurped from the Gnostic Sabbatic Goat Deity Baphomet, <Singing Spellbook>.

This authority summons a spell book that is capable of stealing knowledge about arcane arts from other individual.

Voban can choose to take only one spell or all of them from his target. The stolen spell will be inscribed into the tome.

And the doll-like girl is the avatar of the spellbook. The only feeling she has is an absolute obedience toward Marquis Voban. 

According to the information he received from Princess Alice, Voban found it annoying to read the spells and even turn the pages, so the book to please his master took the form of a 10-year-old girl who invokes feiticos according to the will of it's master. 

"How can I give you this opportunity?" Marquis, let me show you this trick specifically made to deal with magic."

Roy rushed into the sky again, when he saw the new power that Marquis Voban, he was not surprised but rejoiced.

Roy's raised his right hand towards Marquis who was levitating in sky and raising his thumb above his fist to act as a hammer, and two fingers extended perpendicular to it acting as a barrel, he made a finger gun posture and 'fired' at Marquis Voban.

"<Jacob's Limbs•Fifth Form>!"

"<Debacle of Babel>!"

 ——————————————————–—

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. However, it is also the motivating force for mankind. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

_________________________________

 

56