Ch-60: Timely Reminder
1.3k 3 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I will w-win... n-not immediately... but... eventually... even in death..."

On seeing Roy treading towards him while holding the blood-red cruciform sword in his hand, Marquis Voban, who had no resistance at all, said as he stammered over his words. 

The tone of his words were quite plain, he didn't have a tinge of fear even in the face of death.

This is the life of a Godslayer, to Marquis Voban this is the ultimate fate of all the Godslayers, they live in battle since they survived against Gods, and then there will be a days when they will die in battle.

It's not that Godslayers don't understand the fear of death. It's just because at the moment one becomes a Godslayer, one already has a sense of upcoming 'destiny'. Even when Roy became a godslayer, he seemed to have seen his 'inevitable' destiny.

Precisely, because they know their end. Therefore, the godslayers will not fear death. Because it's just a matter of time, now or then, but they will still give a last push as they 'foolishly' did when they faced the 'irresistible' as a mortal. 

But Roy doesn't want to usher in his end like this. He is not a pure Godslayer, he is ultimately an occultist who is 'acting' like one. Moreover, he has the ability to change his own 'destiny'.

Roy stood right in front of the dragon head and remarked with a light chuckle: "Nice quote, now let me send you to hell."

The cruciform sword in Roy's hand aimed at the center of the huge dragon head. Although the scales of the black dragon of the underworld are extremely durable to both magic and physical attacks, it is about to face the sword literally made by the God himself. 

The blood-red cruciform sword in Roy's hand swiftly pierced between the dragon's eyebrows.

"Hahahaha... But I won't end like this... Although my destiny has long been doomed, it's just that... it's not time for me to leave... yet..."

Just as the sword pierced between the center of the eyebrows, Marquis Voban suddenly smiled slyly.

As the scales of the dragon were easily pierced by Roy's long sword and reached to the inside of the skull; Roy channelled his mana into the sword and decisively activated the overload state, blazing the dragon body in the weakened Vril, under it's agonizing screams. 

The body of the black dragon over forty meters in length and the human body of Marquis Voban protected under the claws of the black dragon under it's claws were all turned into nothingness. 

But Roy's expression was not at all relaxed on killing his adversary. Instead, his eyebrows turned into a frown as he muttered lightly under his breath: 

"So strong immortality. Even in front of the Flame of God, he still has a chance."

The reason why the <Otherland's Dragon> is Marquis Voban's ultimate skill is because Voban in his dragon body is halfway indestructible. Even if the dragon body has been destroyed, he can return like a ghost. Making it really hard to kill this oldest Campione. 

The <Hand of Almighty> is indeed overpowered but this authority only bring him 'victory' instead of the dead of the target. 

On the basis of the results, Roy did indeed win, after all, Marquis Voban lost the ability to resist and was easily stabbed to death by his sword.

However, just now when Roy pierced the head with his sword, he could feel the fragments of law that were present moments ago before Marquis fell under the Omnipotent Law of Victory. 

In his view, as long as Marquis's soul is there, he can theoretically ressurect infinitely. So, Roy decisively used the power of Vril to directly burn Marquis's soul. 

However, Marquis's strong immortality still played a role, and even in front of the Fire of God, there was still a ray of soul that ran out and was not completely annihilated.

"However, it will be extremely difficult for you to be resurrected with that small ray of soul, even if you are resurrected... Marquis, you will not be able to overcome any storms in front of me."

Nevertheless, Roy had no exasperation on not being able to completely annihilate his enemy.

His <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil> has already understood the concept of the power of <Otherland's Dragon>. 

Even if Marquis Voban was resurrected, Roy doesn't need to directly summon the 'third hand' in the next battle, now, 'Judgement' can easily 'mince' the dragon body Marquis is so proud of. 

Unless Marquis can gain more strength in a very short period of time and invalidate the output calculated by the <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil>, only then can he be qualified to fight again. But, while Marquis may be advancing, Roy would have already broken the shackles of a Campione. 

And this world has no stronger power than the Godslayer, so, Roy can declare confidently that next time, he will able to even handle two godslayers at the same time. 

"Vril cannot be activated for long. If it is the general kind of immortality, it will be fine. But if I again meet a opponent with high immortality trait, it will make the situation tricky."

Roy looked at the blood red cruciform sword that glowed with hidden brightness through the golden lines, it looked more like a work of art than a weapon of war. Though he had no regrets, he was a little dissatisfied with this situation.

The absolute ability to restrain immortality is to kill the "Hero of Steel" who killed the Mother Earth Goddess and merge the 'spiritual information' with himself. Although Michael also has the feat of defeating the ancient dragon Satan... 

However, in the legend, Michael only slapped Satan back to the hell, not completely killed the evil dragon, so Michael is not a pure "hero of steel". Archangel Michael's nature is more closer to that of a God of Light. 

"I need to upgrade this sword. At the very least, let it have the ability to restrain immortality."

Although Roy's sword is the highest-level divine weapon, its main function is to activate the power of 'Judgment' which can only be used once a day. 

Just as Roy was thinking about how to upgrade his <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil>, Aiwass suddenly appeared behind him, and voiced out in her unique distorted tone:

"Pandora's ritual has already been fully analyzed. The next time you kill a Heretic God, I will try to see if I can strengthen your power."

"Fully analyzed? Worthy of being the 'Secret Chief' with denunciation of 8=3."

Roy was first stunned when he heard Aiwass's words, followed by exultation. This is literally giving a pillow to the sleepy. 

"According to the analysis, I highly suspect that Pandora's ritual does not belong to Pandora. This ritual has been solidified. Pandora is just the key to start the ritual with her own unique divine authority, not the inventor of $##!$."

Aiwass leviated behind Roy, like a real 'Holy Guardian Angel'. In her words, the casual and relaxed human taste was getting stronger and thicker.

Roy's asked in puzzlement: "What does it mean?"

Aiwass voice restored to become deadpan distorted as it previously was, she responded slowly: 

"This ritual of usurping power should be the ability of an item. And Pandora is just the holder or custodian of this item."

"In other words, Pandora is actually not as mysterious and powerful as I expected?"

Roy raised an eyebrow and asked.

"Yes. Your previous guess was wrong. She can't be a 'behind-the-scenes' person. She is just a special god."

 Aiwass affirmed Roy's statement.

"I thought she had unpredictable high strength as this ceremony was invented by her... Very well, in this way, next time I see Pandora, I don't have to be cautious with a smiley face."

Roy's mouth twitched on his misconception, but his tone became more relaxed.

He had always been afraid of being spotted by Pandora before. Fearing that this ritual of killing the gods would have her 'backhands', so he pretended to be a 'good baby' in front of Pandora. Now that he knows Pandora is pretending, he doesn't need to be afraid.

Aiwass was silent for a while and then she voiced out:

"Roy, what you need to do now is to acquire as much knowledge as possible, and I will teach you a variant of the 'Ritual of Seizing Power' and how to complete this ritual. You need to do it by yourself..."

"And I still think it's better if we maintain a cautious attitude in this unfamiliar world. Don't let a single victory get over your head, Roy. We don't know what we have to face. Always have the inner thinking of a seeker. Always maintain a certain amount of awe for the unknown to not become what you won't want to."

Roy startled for a moment as he chewed on Aiwass words and responded with an understanding nod:

"Looks like I need to adjust my mentality, this behavior can later become very dangerous for me... Thanks for the timely reminder, Aiwass..."

He could feel that the sudden gain of power has unconsciously made him rely less on his wisdom, Roy 'knoted' this in his mind to always remember where he came from and what he ultimately seeks; how humble of an existence is he in front of a God of Magic back in the 'Toaru' world. 

"As for the ritual, I am very confident in my own comprehension, but in terms of 'acquisition', this aspect takes time to complete."

As the son of 'the' Aleister Crowley, Roy has also completely inherited the world's greatest magician in terms of wisdom. In other words, he can use the learned knowledge in the shortest time possible. 

——————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. However, it is also the motivating force for mankind. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at P@treon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

_________________________

53