Ch-63: Song of the Bow
1.2k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Erica! What did you do to Erica?"

Upon seeing the condition of Erica, who had her eyes shut, Liliana couldn't help but shouted in worry.

Erica body was covered with deep slashes and bruises, a large patch of her dress was dyed in blood. Even that beautiful face was covered in dust and partially dried blood. 

"It turns out that she is called Erica. Oh yes, I didn't do anything to her. Ena just saw her seriously injured and lying unconscious on the side of the road, so she decided to carry her."

The Japanese girl holding a odachi lowered her head and glanced at the injured girl in her hand and avered in a relaxed tone.

Liliana let out a sigh of relief, and then requisitioned with a cold look, "Who are you? What is your purpose?"

"My name is Ena Seishuuin. As for the purpose, hmm... Actually, Ena, herself really doesn't understands all this, but Ena's grandfather asked Ena to do this."

"According to Ena's Grampsy, that girl you are holding, called Yuri Mariya is very important. Grampsy doesn't want her to be ruined by the two kings. Grampa hopes I'd better send her to the 'Youmingjie', emm, what you westerners call it, ummm... ha, the Astral Plane."

"Grandpa said he will appease the two kings. Ena is just listening to Grandpa's instructions."

The girl who addressed herself as Ena Seishuuin articulated in a crisp tone. 

"Lily, don't care about me, hurry up and take the Hime Miko to the king. She is the mission goal assigned to us by the king. We must take the mission of our king as our highest priority."

Erica, who was seriously injured, had somewhat regained her consciousness, upon listening to the words of the girl who was holding her, she hurriedly implored to Liliana.

"I'm sorry, Miss Erica and the silver-haired lady. You have your mission, and I too have my own mission. It is impossible for Ena to let you leave with that girl."

Ena Seishuuin held out the large blade in her hand, the tip of the odachi pointed at Liliana, the politeness on her face disappeared as she assumed a sedate look. 

Yuri Mariya, who was caught by Liliana, was burning with anger. She found that whether it's Liliana or Erica who represent their 'king', or the girl named Ena who represented her 'Grandpsy', they seem to have never cared about her opinion, only regarding her as a tradable item that can be bartered as they like. 

"Ena Seishuuin! Do you know what you are doing! This girl is the Hime Miko that Lord Roy Crowley, the King of Italy and Holy See wants. Have you ever thought about the consequences of your actions? Do you want this country of your's to bear the thunderous wrath of a Campione?"

Erica, who was seriously injured and looked frail due to the serious injuries, suddenly streched her head up and impeached loudly in a stern tone. 

A momentary hesitation surfaced on the young girl's face, followed by her vigourously shaking her head. She answered resolutely:

"Ena knows how terrible King Roy's wrath could be, but since this is grandpa's order and request, it can only be done accordingly."

"Stubborn!"

Erica felt unspeakable bitter and doubt in her heart, totally ticked off with the "grandpa" Ena mentioned. 

Who is this damn daring old guy? Is there really a need to be so desperate for a Hime Miko? 

Could it be that this guy has a deep enmity with Japan and wants to make king turn his anger towards Japan? Use king's hand to fulfill his desire for revenge? 

Thinking about it in this way, Erica felt that this rationale was pretty reliable. 

"Erica, I won't give up on you. I will defeat this girl and save you, then we will together take Yuri Mariya and complete our task."

Liliana couldn't bear to watch her good friend suffer, she was very afraid that if she took away Yuri Mariya with her, this girl Ena will sever Erica's head with her blade in retaliation. 

She sealed Yuri Mariya's spiritual energy and her limbs with magic and elbowed her aside, followed by taking out her beloved sword <Il Maestro> and directing her blade at Ena. 

"Lily, you..."

Erica was both heartily moved and exasperated with Liliana's choice.

Liliana faced the possibility of failure of the mission for her. Though she was moved deeply, she was also vexed that Liliana couldn't see her hidden 'meaning' behind her words, the head of this silver headed friend of her's is sometimes just too dense. 

Previously, Erica took the initiative to use herself as a bait to attract the undead servants summoned by Marquis Voban. 

In the battle against the powerful undead servants with high regenerative powers, she couldn't rival them all together and barely survived several times.

But when Erica gradually couldn't hold on and was about to be completely defeated, all the undead servants suddenly turned into smoke and disappeared. At that moment Erica knew that Roy must have defeated the Marquis which made Marquis Voban invalidate his powers. 

However, by that time, Erica was already exhausted and injured, she didn't have the energy to inform Liliana, she could only hope that Liliana would perfectly complete this important mission. 

Although Erica had pleasing thoughts, reality is scrawny; she met Ena who literally popped out of nowhere, and as she was seriously injured, almost without any resistance, she was knocked unconscious. 

Her original intention was to persuade Liliana to take Yuri Mariya and leave quickly to find Roy, as long as her king knows what happened here, king will definitely take  action.

At that time, even if the entire Japanese mystery world is added together, it can't be king's opponent, and so, all troubles will be solved easily.

With a scrutinizing gaze coupled with years of experience, Erica could probe that this girl who seems so relaxed with the situation, still has a slight naivete side to herself. She is the type of person who acts on impulse and instinct than with her brains. 

And so, Erica thought, with her own eloquent tongue and wisdom, she will stall for ample amount of time for rescue. Though there are some risks but this plan has the most the chance of success. 

Erica thought her well sought out plan was perfect, but the only thing she miscalculated was to expect same quality of shrewdness from Liliana, who was worried about her and rather opt to fight. 

The 'Crimson Devil' smiled bitterly, these words couldn't be expressed directly, otherwise this japanese 'muscle-headed' girl may directly hack off her head with a swing of her blade. 

"Oh, you want to fight with Ena? It's okay. Ena is never afraid of fighting. If we can solve the problem here just by a fight... that would be for the best."

Seeing Liliana holding out her sword at her, Ena also felt a little eager to try.

She lightly tossed Erica to the sideways and both the hands tightly gripped the jet black odachi's hilt and motioned:

"Miss Lily, let's start."

"My name is Liliana Kranjčar, 'Lily' is only for my family and friends, not for a stranger like you."

The silver-haired knight assumed a pensive look and snorted coldly.

Ena Seishuuin ignored Liliana, her face turned solemn as she chanted words filled with belligerence, the beautiful red pupils were amassed with humongous fighting spirit:

"Ame No Murakumo Tsurugi, I Pray That You Take My Body As A Sacrifice, For Even A Fierce God May Not Cross Your Borders!"

"And Now A Thousand Leaves Breaking, The Glory Of God Surpassing Possible, I Know Name It, Unfortunate Nothingness!"

With the belligerent chant, the ink black sword frantically swallowed the magic energy in the surroundings, and redirect the whopping quantity of mana into Ena's body. 

In Liliana's disbelievable gaze, the strength of Ena Seishuuin in front of her literally soared vertically in a straight line, her body excluded a faint breath of a "God".

"What?!"

"My Wings. Steel That Becomes The Form Of My Phantom Blade! Il Maestro, Grant Me Power!"

"Boom———"

In a hurry, Liliana chanted a spell and positioned the <Il Maestro> in front of her in an arched posture, narrowly blocking the slash that was fast and precise, the reverberations of the attack thunderously blowed her hair.

"Advent Magic..."

Liliana's bit her lips as she termed the ability used by Ena, she could still feel the power of thr assult which left her hands numb. 

She was caught off guard completely. Liliana didn't expect Ena to be a Hike-Miko with the ability to cast Divine Possession (aka Advent Magic). 

This magic allows the user to channel power from a god through their body, thereby proliferating their own power. 

"Lily, be careful of the weapon in her hand. It is a divine tool embodied with the true power of a God!"

Erica reminded anxiously.

"You don't need to remind me, I can see that! Huh—"

"The Essence Of Fantasy, Steel That Plays Brilliant Melodies! I Beseech You, Grant Unto Me Invisible Wind!"

Liliana gave a low call, and the mana condensed in her body suddenly exploded. The violent wind of magic power pushed away the remnants of the aura of the attack. 

Liliana whizzed her sword and decisively channeled most of her mana pool into <II Maestro> and chanted the sister spell to Golgatha— Song of the Bow. 

'From The Blood Of The Slain, The Bow Of Jonathan Did Not Turn Back! From The Heart Of The Mighty, The Sword Of Saul Did Not Return Unsatisfied!'

Song of the Bow, a Magic spell that invokes the feelings of the requiem mourning from King David's Psalms, who was also the father of Wise King Solomon. 

'For I Wonder If The Heroes Have Fallen In The Midst Of The Battle! Jonathan's Bow, For You Are A Vessel Of The Hero, Swifter Than Eagles, Stronger Than Lions!'

She learned this spell from the Grimoire <Book in Praise of David's Works>, this spell grants her with the powerful magic attribute of disintegration which can even penetrate the magical defenses of a Heretic God. This her ultimate card. 

"With All Speed, Dispatch Your Enem—"

Just when Liliana was about to use the golden mantra to start the magic, a faint command ringed in her ears: "Dodge, Lily."

The familiar voice made Liliana's heart jump in delectation, she decisively stopped spelling the chant as the long sword whizzed down... like a giant axe. 

——————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. However, it is also the motivating force for mankind. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at P@treon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

_________________________

46