Ch-69: Science Without Magic Is Lame, Magic Without Science Is Blind
1.4k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the spur of the moment, with faint light shining all over, floating barefooted a inch above the ground, the Holy Guardian Angel manifested, focusing it's attention at the right hand raised by Roy.

Out of blue, the existence named Aiwass abruptly fluttered like an unstable signal. Mysterious glyphs like some gibberish graffiti drawn by a mischievous child flowed in and out of her figure, lessening her volume, as if she would dissipate at any second. 

On perceiving her situation, the figure parted her lips as she spelled in an inaudible voice:

"Sigillum Dei Aemeth! Vos, Duynas, Gyram, Gram, Aysaram, Alpha, Omega! Sevenfold Seal of God's Truth, Aemeth in Enfold!"

A Hexagram circle, surrounded with the golden borders of Enochian letters, and in the middle a Twelvefold table unfolded behind Aiwass and merged with the peculiar halo on her head, the halo brightened as her figure gradually stabilized. 

Seeing the Holy Guardian Angel almost dissipating. Roy was shocked, and asked with concern, "Are you okay, Aiwass?"

For Roy, Aiwass is a very important character in his life, she is his 'cheat' as well as his occult teacher. Naturally, he doesn't want any mishap with Aiwass's existence.

"It doesn't matter. It's just that my 'spirit' tried to pry on something indescribable which backlashed and caused my 'spirit' to lag."

Aiwass's gaze once again dropped on Roy's right hand, an extremely humane smile encroaching her lips, not even her tone was as mysterious and remote as before, an almost eerie look on of happiness surfaced on her face, in Roy's opinion she seemed to a serious addict high on drugs. 

"Things are so easily obtained by one can make others gwank for it their whole lives. If I let 'them' know what kind of expression they will make..? It's truly intriguing. Unfortunately, what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over."

Roy was already used to the occasional strange self-talks of Aiwass. 

This 'Holy Guardian Angel' is not a dead thing without straight emotions, or she was a dead thing in the past. But with the separation from her 'origin', it has become closer to emotions. 

Of course, it's just being closer, and Aiwass never was or will be fully humane in her thinking. 

"Well, I can feel the mysterious space through with which we passed to this world before... is now lodged in my right hand."

"My right hand has become the carrier of the magical space. Aiwass, what's you say, if I cut off this right hand, will something terrible come out of it."

Roy seemed to be asking for an opinion, but it was more like a joke. He is not a neurotic that he will chop his right hand to satiate his curiosity. What if he really loses this mysterious space? 

Aiwass choose to remain silent, because even she, an existence who is said to be border line omnipotent, facing this mysterious space that was now lodged into Roy's right hand, is completely helpless. The 'thing' lodged in Roy's hand is completely incomprehensible and unexplainable in her understanding. 

"If you ever decide to return to the 'A Certain Magical Index' world as you name it, you must be careful of the Magic Gods, their alias as Demon Gods is not earned in vain. If they discover the 'thing' that currently resides in your right hand, they will chase for you like mad dogs. Your situation will be more hellish than Aleister's."

Aiwass tone was severe as if she wanted to etch how coveted item he was for Magic Gods, deep in his mind.

"This is the second time Aiwass, that you have warned me about Magic Gods. God knows how many pages I have read on Aleister's understanding on Magic Gods. But ultimately it makes me unable to grasp how strong they truly are."

Roy must go back to the 'A Certain Magical Index' world, because there are still the existence of Laura and Aleister in that world, his only relatives. 

"Strong is an understatement. The only person who can understand a Magic God is another Magic God. When you reach that level one day, you will certainly understand it. It is an 'unnecessary' knowledge that is necessary. But you don't have to worry too much. For even the Magic Gods have a certain limit, where you surpass them."

"Oh? What limit?"

Roy raised an eyebrow and asked with interest.

"Do you know the IsLaND theory?"

".....People trust what they perceive. However, human exploration and findings have limits. Like a frog who has never walked out of its well assumes the well to be the whole of the world. Therefore, what human beings call the world they see may not even be a small part of the whole world. Because the 'frog' in the well knows nothing of the sea."

Roy pondered for a moment and put his point of view succinctly. 

"This theory can also explain the relationship between 'different worlds'. If the aggregation of all the universes and worlds are considered as endless seas, then every world is an island in this sea."

"Despite being able to literally play with the laws and the rules, they have no ability to find another island across the 'sea', but the mysterious space in your right hand does."

"It is a boat that can cross the sea, which will naturally arouse the Magic God's coveting. Because the dreams and desires of the Magic Gods is open up their horizon, and a new 'island' can fulfill that desire."

"And to be able to build this 'ship', one's existence must be far beyond a Magic God, and despite being no where as close as a Magic God, you already got this ship that can travel across the 'sea'."

"Whether it is to reverse the structure of this ship to gain power. Or use it as a boat to explore different islands to get myraid types of knowledge and power, it's for you to choose. Compared to Magic Gods you have more freedom. This is where you surpass their limits."

Aiwass tried her best to make Roy understand the advantages and uses of the mysterious space with, in her view, the rather useless human words, through which she cannot fully express herself. Because now she is also a guest on this ship. If Roy, the captain of the ship, has a problem, she as a guest can't board for a ride.

"I hope I would be able to find my path of becoming a Magic God among these worlds. Let's first lay a stable foundation."

Roy stretched lazily in his chair. He looked down at the words and spells he had written on the desk, rather annoyed with the circumstances.

"These are all what I got from Erica by the way of body fluid exchange."

"Though she has extensive knowledge on magic, the spirit or summoning magic is not her forte. A part is still missing to proceed with the summoning ceremony."

With that said, he looked back at Aiwass, as if he was thinking that if he could get the knowledge of the 'Holy Guardian Angel', he would definitely increase his knowledge, which is faster than passing on knowledge by the word of mouth.

Aiwass noticed Roy's thoughts and chuckled lightly at his thoughts:

"I suggest you don't think about acquiring knowledge from me with the witch's "sex magic", at least not for now. Even a small part of my extensive knowledge is enough to burst your head. Besides, I am only a 'spiritual body' and no flesh, so I cannot perform this 'magic'."

After a pause, Aiwass continued: "Another part of my consciousness is at Aleister's side. He is working on a plan. If the plan is successful, I can have a body. If you can carry my knowledge, I can pass on to you the knowledge needed for litigation."

Aiwass didn't have much resistance to the negative physical contact with Roy to impart her knowledge, to a non-human being like her, it was just as normal as eating or breathing. Her only concern was whether Roy's brain could carry her astronomical 'poisonous' knowledge.

"The other part of your consciousness at Aleister's side? You can still feel what is happening in another world?"

Roy expressed his curiousity, he is more concerned about the connection with this isolated world than the Holy Guardian Angel gaining a physical body. 

Without becoming a Adeptus Major of 6=5 denunciation he cannot even think of directly infusing himself with Aiwass's Knowledge. Even after becoming a Campione he still cannot freely go through The Book of The Law, a part of the cumulation of Aiwass's knowledge. 

"It still resonates, most of the times it's unstable but often once or twice I receive some bits of information that's mostly damaged. If you want, I can provide you with all the actions and thoughts of Aleister. Well I can be yours undercover agent."

Aiwass didn't hesitate to betray Aleister. For the observer, Aiwass, she just found Aleister as someone interesting. But Roy is the indispensable existence she seeks and desires. The importance between then is not be said. 

"I'm becoming more and more interested in your form of existence, Aiwass. As a 'Secret Chief', what kind of posture are you in?"

Roy looked at Aiwass's shimmering body with interest. It was not about her gender, race or age; but Roy's thinking about the unknown origin. 

"Kabbalah's four-fold world theory divides the &!??*: ?#@&Π √|¶∆%!?!???! , and I am the Angel of material world. What I have mastered is everything that is closely related to material world. What you humans define as Science."

Aiwass's voice became misty again, mixed with hectic electromagnetic sounds. It seemed that some of her explanations were still automatically shielded by Roy's brain. 

"Mhm, in other words, you are actually an Angel of Science? But I think the knowledge and abilities you teach belong to the magic side..?"

Roy was a little astounded. In his impression, the 'Sci-fi Angel' shouldn't be made more, umm... futuristic looking?

Like the Transformers, shooting laser beams and dropping electromagnetic bombs with a super light engine or something. 

Perhaps perceiving Roy's thoughts, Aiwass chuckled with a light hearted laughter, her mysterious smile mixed with a demonic glamour; a temperament of wisdom seemed to be oozing out of her. 

"The End of Science is Magic, The End of Magic is Science. Both path lead to the same root. A bit of science distances one from Theology, but much science nears one more to it."

"Supernatural is attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. But, when science itself can control those supernatural powers, science is magic and magic is science. Science is a systematised body of knowledge acquired through observation and experimentation, right? Then when a Magician researchs on magic, isn't it the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the magic?"

"So, what really differentiates Magic And Science? Roy, you have a systematic knowledge of magic and are researching on improving it, isn't it just the scientific way of study in the fields of occultism?"

"What you are thinking about is the macro-level when you think about science. Hasn't Science already intervened part of the micro-level? In the micro-level quantum physics, some phenomena are not in line with human understanding, some scientific phenomenons are more like magic."

Roy nodded in understanding at Aiwass's teaching:

"I see, Science without Magic is lame, Magic without Science is blind...."

"...."

"You know, Aiwass having a chat with you sometimes lessens my mental tiredness."

"People think that talking is a sign of thinking. In fact, it isn't, for the most part on the contrary, it's a mechanical dodge of the body to relieve oneself of the strain of thinking... just as exercising the muscles helps the body to become temporarily unconscious of its weight, its pain, its weariness, and the foreknowledge of its doom... Ha, looks like I have become philosophical too..."

"Fuuu..... "

Releasing a long breath, he glanced at the electronic clock on the wall, and shook his hand faintly:

"Forget it, these things are still too far away from me, I'd better go one step at a time. We will soon be arriving in Jerusalem, let's take a short break until my Authorities cool down. Then proceed directly to the summoning ceremony..."

Important briefings here... 

Let's get this straight. I, lore, have exams starting the next week, and because it's a important monthly exam, for a month, I would like to— 

give you all guys a hold! Lemons squeezed! Your support was valuable.... So, I will only able to release around five ch per week for the next thirty days~ Thank you for supporting the Holy Right~

"...."

And so on this specific day, when celebration was going to be held for the 69th chapter, Lore cliffed the readers completing his occultist objective, becoming a full fledged [Beast]. "BEAST of 69, I will squeeze lemons."

1

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. However, it is also the motivating force for mankind. 

So, if you want and dee, support me at P@treon with advance chapters~

patreꝍn.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi*

_________________________

50