It is lonely at the top
136 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my dear friend Leo gone not only am I missing a trustworthy spymaster, the only person I can trust here is Baldwin. Sadly, he spends most of his time dealing with the palace security. I’ve gotten him to agree to spend more time with me. Mostly because it seems that guards are ineffective against assassins. I guess he thinks he’ll do a better job. I don’t know if that is true per say but in the two days, he has been guarding me I haven’t had a friendly conversation with any assassins. I was poisoned on the other hand. My poor taste tester died as well. Even worse I have more paperwork. I mean like any self-respecting Allonian I enjoy myself some paperwork. However, I also don’t enjoy being buried under a pile of it either. 

“Your majesty, it would relieve me greatly if you didn’t almost die every other day. 

“Don’t worry I won’t die so easily. I’m only human.” I reassure him with the utmost seriousness. He gives me a warning glance. Unlike Leo he cannot take a joke. Baldwin has brown hair and brown eyes. One of the most boring combinations ever. 

“On another note I have come here to tell you your sister is coming to visit.” He informs me... She’s coming to visit. Wait, I have a sister. I thought she was the spawn of the devil. No that would make me one as well. 

Just then the door opens ominously. I see my sister standing in the doorway her long golden hair flowing down her back. She then enters without my permission. Her blue jewel like eyes stare at me.  

“Dear brother, how are you doing?” She gives me a curtsy. “Don’t tell me you’ve been alone in your office all this time.” 

“No, I have not been in my office. I have been on bed rest. As you very well know.” 

“Yes, however, there is a pile of papers right next to your bed.” She gives me a hard look. “I would not call working in bed bedrest.”  

“Do not question me.” 

“Yes, brother.” She says tonelessly. I don’t think she listened to my carefully crafted argument. 

“I want to request the presence of Elizabeth tomorrow while I'm shopping. You can’t keep her locked away all the time.” 

“You make me sound like an evil emperor who imprisons fair ladies.” For the record, I have never and will never do such a thing. Except Goldwell, I’ll gladly imprison him. I don’t even need a reason. 

“Never, I just think you’re clingy, lonely, and thoughtless.” She insults me to my own face. Also, clingy and lonely are untrue. I have Le... Baldwin to keep me company. I’m also one of the most thoughtful people you can ever meet. 

“I give you permission to ask her.” Anything to get them both out of my face. Vicky is lucky I like her so much. I wouldn’t tolerate an insult from anyone else. She gives me a big smile and hugs me. 

“Thank you, brother.” She then runs out as quickly as she came. Now I have even more paperwork I have to look at. Just before she leaves the room she turns around. “You are invited to come along if you so wish.” 

I don’t think that is a good idea. I wouldn’t want to spend time escorting ladies while they do their shopping. I’d end up like a servant carrying all their stuff. Instead I will spend the day working.  


A/N: So in this chapter we meet Vicky. She is a bit immature and doesn't always plan out things the best, but in the end that is alright for her age. She is a character that pops up every once in a while. Also, can I ask who your favorite character is right now? I know it is still a bit early but I am curious. Also I suck at chapter names so don't use them as a basis for the chapter.

I will also be posting a chapter every Wednesday and Saturday for now. Unless i have watch, in which case i will mention that change in the schedule.

0