The banished one
134 14 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, tell me what you learned about the Kingdom of Felworth. I expect it to be good.” I say giving Vicky a pointed look. Obviously, she was buttering up Elizabeth to get a good grade. Instead of asking her own brother she goes to Elizabeth. Then again, I'd do the same.  

“Well, Felworth acted as the primary Alton power on the continent before the creation of the Allonian Empire. Furthermore, the great king Edward the sixth led a series of campaigns against the Yanzhou. Even today they remain the second strongest Alton country.” She finishes speaking. I think that was a bit short. Well, it’s not like it was untrue. 

“I must say, that was a bit disappointing. I know you even had Elizabeth helping you complete it.” 

“She did, but most of the time she was sick.” Vicky says. “Anyways, I still have the entire paper. I just don’t want to speak out an entire essay.”  

With that she hands me a paper. I look it over. Overall, it is standard. I’m highly disappointed. 

“So, tell me what is going on in the Kingdom at this moment.” I order. She just sighs. 

“Currently they are dealing with rebels in the Yanzhou portion of their territory. Honestly, they’re barely holding it together. Due to the rebellion they are also going through some economic turmoil.” 

“Well, at least you aren’t completely ignorant.” I grudgingly give to her. She just smiles at me. 

“You can be more honest.” 

“I have no clue what you’re talking about.” I deny whatever she’s trying to imply. 

“I’m certain Elizabeth would enjoy if you visited her.” She continues. I don’t know if that would be true. “Go get her brother, I believe in you.” 

She sends me off with a smile. For some reason my feet are not listening to me. 

 

Somehow, I ended up in front of her room. I also realized that Vicky got out of more classwork. She tricked me. The guards are looking at each other trying to decide what to do. 

“Your Majesty, I’m under orders to not let you into this room.” Henry speaks up. I always knew he was the bravest person here. Although I thought he was smarter. 

“Under whose orders.” They can’t rank higher than me. 

“It was her Majesty.” He replies. Are you telling me she had the audacity to tell me I can’t go into any room I like? 

“Let me by.” I order. Henery stand firmly against my intimidation. “If you do, I'll increase your pay.” 

With those well-placed words he steps aside and lets me into the room. Turns out he did know what was good for him.  

“Your wisdom knows no bounds.” He butters me up. It seems he is really good at boosting the ego of others. That reminds me, I should look a bit more into him. 

“Who is it?” Elizabeth says weakly. Apparently, she is worse than I thought. She’s lying in the bed. 

“It is I, the banished one.” I reply. 

“How did you get into here?” She asks giving me a pointed stare. 

“I do pay them.” I reply bring a chair to the bedside and plopping into it. 

“I must warn you that if you are close you might become sick as well.” She informs me. For some reason, I’m feeling extremely annoyed.  I lean over her and looking into her eyes. She does seem a bit red. I lean down and steal a kiss on her lips. She then pushes me away. 

“It seems it can’t be helped. If I'm going to get sick from you the damage seems to be done.” I tell her sitting back into the chair. She seems to have gotten even redder. Also, if my eyes do not betray me, she is pouting as well. All in all, it makes for a cute picture. 

“You brute, what makes you think you can just kiss me anytime you want?” She asks with anger. 

“I am your husband; I can kiss you any time I wish.” With that a pillow flies into my face. 

“Get out, right now!” I calmly stand up and walk out of the room. It is obvious that my presence is not welcome here. I’ll teach her I can kiss my wife whenever I want. That’ll teach her. 

“You shouldn’t have done that.” Henry tells me. 

“Are you paid to tell me what I should do?” I quip at him. 

“No, you are correct your majesty. I am however paid to protect your life.” He snidely remarks. 

“Then carry on guarding.” I walk off. He’s right. I could have handled that better.  I am a complete and utter idiot. 


A/N: James is sometimes his own worst enemy. However he does genuinely care. For the fun fact for today let us talk about the Kingdom of Felworth. A little more than a hundred years ago they used to control land up to the Tonsid River. In fact at the time they were the strongest power on the continent. However the Dukes in the east often fought with the King for autonomy. Furthermore when the Kingdom of Felworth sent an expeditionary force to fight off the Koryo, they lost at a battle at the city of Fransford which will later be called Wonsan. After this battle the eastern lords of Tonsia began their rebellion.

0