Chapter 2: Monsterization
1.5k 10 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

J:“IT HURTS!” “AGH!!” “ACK!” “AAHHHHH!!” Jack is undergoing his transformation, it’s not his body being changed, but his soul. After all, a human’s soul could never comprehend how to move these new body parts… By soul we really just mean memories of movement and such, all purely subconscious thoughts, the soul wouldn’t change anything we really care about anyways.

But you have to admit it’s much cooler to say his soul is changing.

Jack seems to finally be coming out of his pain wriggles and is finally able to get to know his surroundings.

“It seems I’m… underwater?” “what’s that?” A large orb like creature with four tiny little flippers on the side facing Jack, even smaller than his hands.

Wait, his hands. “Wha- What are these?!” Raising his new hands to his face, he notices he has four three-digit fingers ending in sharp points that are barely distinguishable from the rest of the finger, those fingers were attached to a palm quite similar to a human’s, except it was made of the same muscly marble-like black that covered his fingers. The entire top of the hand, except for the joints, were covered in a thin layer of a rougher textured… skin… that seemed harder than what the rest of the hand was made of.

Following the trail of ‘armor’ Jack noticed it trailed all the way up the backside of his -excluding his wrist- three-jointed arms that were considerably thick and full of muscle, he seemed to have very little shoulder, seeming to almost merge with his torso.

Feeling around his body, he noticed that he was slipperier than he expected as well “I wish I could see my <Status> or something to see if this is normal, or if I’m sick or something…” While he’s thinking this, a menu appears with a quiet little *Ding!* making Jack jump in his skin slightly.

 Upon inspecting it, he noticed it had a couple tabs, the one he was on currently was called <Stats>, it had a couple, well, stats on display. Things like size, weight, growth, among other things that Jake didn’t really care about at the moment.

 His attention was drawn to a little drop-down symbol labeled ‘Self View’ “*Gulp* well, I guess I should see what I look like now.” To be frank, Jack is scared after seeing just his hands and arms, but he perseveres and taps the symbol with his claw.

“What the hell is this!?!?”

 

Displayed is a monster with a slim, smooth, body, covered on the top by a thicker layer of the ‘armor’ that covered the pairs of three-jointed arms and legs, both twice the length of the already long torso. Both the legs and arms end with four-clawed hands, though the leg’s 'hands' are slightly longer and thinner.

 At one end of the monster is a wide tail with a thin, almost see through, filament filling the space between two pairs of many-jointed appendages that end in short blades, about the size of the monster's palms. At the other end is a head with roughly the same jaw structure as the Tyrannosaurus Rex, but with one row -on each side- of slightly pointed teeth, and two teeth on each side that are twice as long.

Filling the mouth are several thin serrated tongues, circled around the throat like a flower of death, seemingly made of the same material as the ‘armor.’ Upon its head, lay two pair of forward facing eyes, one pair upon the forehead, and the other pair just slightly lower and to the side.

Covering the entire monster is a thin film of what seems to be some sort of mucus or slime, sticking to it like a slug’s.

 

This, is Jack.     

31