Chapter 7: The Best Laid Plans…
647 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

J: “Hmm… I did notice one thing that I should probably improve.” “My [Breath Weapon], it left a lot of them alive despite hitting them, and if they go too far underwater I just can’t hit them.” Tabbing over to ‘Claim Rewards’, Jack hesitates, before tapping the reward for getting his first mutation.

Opening up the evolution window, Jack selects [Breath Weapon] in the Changes box, and is met with eight options; Flame Thrower, Lightning Striker, Water Piercer, Air Pusher, Atomic Beam, Blood Stream, Poison Spreader, and Sound Blaster.

“Uh, well, that’s more options then I was expecting.” “But, uh narrowing it down to ones that would actually help with what I want, I’m only left with four, so that’s better.” “So it’s down to water, lightning, atomic, and blood, the others wouldn’t work that well underwater, at least that’s what I can get from their names, and I don’t think air would help me very much anyways.” “I think I’ll remove water from that list, since it seems like it’ll be a precision attack, blood seems dangerous too, I don’t like the idea of using my own blood to attack. Honestly Both lightning and atomic seem like great choices, however, I don’t know if I’m electric proof… and atomic is just kinda the classic in these types of things, right?”

Without any further delay, Jack selects Atomic Beam. “Oh no.”
A few excruciating seconds later, Jack is ready to test out his upgraded [Breath Weapon]
“Alright, time to try this out.” Charging it up, his eyes begin sparkling white, as it’s tongues move out of the way, a white light is seen from the throat of the monster, growing brighter by the second, until it unleashes with a static-y whistle sound that follows a huge white beam that exits its mouth in a cone shape until it is as tall as the monster’s head, blasting a hole in the water and into the sea floor, drilling into with gusto until the monster stops it’s onslaught, fizzling out the beam with a fading sound similar to that of a plane landing.

“Woah, that was…” “Intense. To say the least.” “It practically blinded me, so definitely something to plan before trying to move it.” “Also, wow was that a major increase, I went from being stopped by some water, to going straight through solids.” “Really glad I was pointed down enough, I felt some major kickback from using it, if I’m not ready, it could go wild.” “Not to mention it was way more draining, it feels like I was just chewing gum for an hour straight, and I was walking the entire time.” “Compared to the last one, which I didn’t even notice when I used it, that’s a lot.”

“Now it’s time to go hunting for aliens.”

 

Far away from Jack, the ‘aliens’ were planning on how to defeat the beast, the survivors noted that its breath didn’t seem to penetrate the water very well, noting on how they should use underwater forces to disable its ability to move. A commander however, countered by saying that it is a water-based creature, which means that they would be in its hunting grounds.

Another noted on the progress of the beast, would it even be fair to base their knowledge on how it is now, considering how fast it is growing? This raises a hand full of agreeing glubs, the same commander continues by stating how they could use its growth against it, funneling it into small spaces.

The meeting goes on until they have to hold off the topic until they can gather more info.

18