171 – Motivation
2.2k 13 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So you also have dragon magic?" Ororo asked a little confused.

Alex looked at them and saw that besides Jean and Anna, everyone else was still quite confused.

'Maybe they're not used to someone having more than one type of power?' Alex thought.

"Yes, while ice magic is something I just learned, like a normal ESW mage magic, my dragon magic is more like a racial passive, despite being human, because of an ancient magic I have the powers of a dragon too." Alex came up with the best excuse he could think of, without knowing that his excuse was also serving to create theories in Phoenix's mind.

"But if you can control fire because of dragon magic, why can Jean control fire now?" Kitty asked confused as she looked at Jean.

When they arrived, the first thing they noticed was how hot the island was, and with the footage they got from Logan's body camera, it was clear that the temperature mess was caused by Alex controlling the ice and Jean losing control. Of fire.

Looking at Jean, Alex waited to see if she would want to respond.

"Just as Alex has a power related to a dragon, I discovered that I am the host of a Phoenix." Jean also thought about the best way to explain, without worrying the other X-Men about how powerful Phoenix was and the responsibilities she would have to carry in the future.

Jean thought it would be difficult to explain to them in a way that they would be able to understand her power, but with the example of Alex turning into a dragon in front of them, the first thing they did was relate the two and just deduce that Jean also had a similar power.

"And you can turn into a Phoenix like Alex turned into a Dragon?" Kitty asked excitedly.

To their surprise, when Jean was about to deny it, the Phoenix in her mind confirmed, saying that the more she mastered the Phoenix's power, the more she could transform into the Fire Phoenix form.

With so much news about their powers, the group took the jet back to the mansion while discussing the news with Jean.

Alex and Anna were isolated from the group, at the back of the plane, with Alex calming Anna, who was still a little shaken by all of this.

"That was very dangerous…" She said with a sad expression, keeping a tight grip on his clothes.

"I know, but if I didn't do this she could die." Alex explained calmly as he patted her head.

"But you didn't tell me how dangerous it was…" She complained a little angrily.

"I didn't even know how dangerous it could be. I had a sense of the power that was within her, but I didn't know how much I could handle it." He explained, which only made her more worried.

"You have your magic, but you use that magic on enemies, right? Just like we fight other mutants." Anna asked.

Thinking for a moment, Alex replied. "I already fought, but for now we are at peace, why?"

"Were the beings you fought as powerful as the Phoenix in Jean?"

"No, there are few beings more powerful than the Phoenix." Alex replied.

Although he didn't say that the Phoenix didn't exert even a fraction of her true power, but he didn't want to make Anna even more sad and worried.

With all this talk, they finally arrived at the X mansion.

Saying goodbye to everyone, Alex returned to his house while driving and thinking about everything that happened.

'With Natsu's power that I learned, now my power is already at a much higher level, but I think that even with my dragon transformation I'm still not at a level where I can deal with Carol Denvers…' Alex thought.

'But below her, I think there are few who can deal with me. Even Thor, who is a true god, if I consider my EMS powers, both in movement, illusion and the Susanoo armor, can hardly deal with me, but Carol's strength I still can't be sure…'

'Considering that she is already at an almost peak power level in the MCU and that the first battles that will take place will not have a very high power scale, this probably guarantees me safety in this world for at least another 5 or 6 years, which considering my speed of growth, there's no need to keep me worried at all.' Alex thought as he relaxed.

This battle with Phoenix was like a wake-up call for him, making him continue to pay attention and improve, but also showing the progress he has made so far.

'Considering that I've been in this world for less than 12 months and my strength is already at that level, I don't think I wasted my progress. Even with me not spending all the GP I have, and using a large part of it to reinvest in games to earn more, this is a long-term thought that the sooner I started the better, since now this is starting to pay off for me higher profits.' Alex looked at the game data and smiled with satisfaction.

With even more excitement, Alex focused even more on finishing the NFS game as quickly as possible, already imagining another game he could create.

He already had many live service games, where everything would always be updated in the world and the Players would have very repetitive games, but Alex missed what made games a true art in his previous world, games with a story!

Stories that irritated Players, that scared Players, that made Players laugh, Players cry…

With ESW serving as a constant source of income, Alex was confident in making niche story mode games and would not need to worry if the game was not as successful and as grand as the previous games.

There was just one gigantic IP that he didn't intend to develop now, as he was saving that for the next world he would go to.

'For now, I'll finish NFS. I think the game could go online in a few days.' Alex thought as he went back to setting up the game.

If it was a game like his previous world, he would have finished it a long time ago, since the System could copy it from his memory without much difficulty, but Alex was creating many original features, and that was what was increasing the time of production.

Since unlike things in his memory that were already ready, the original things he had to plan, develop, balance and test to check if it was working perfectly.

The system was able to help a lot, but it still took a little longer than getting ready-made things from the other world.

////NunuNote////

Read 20+ chapters on Patre On!
Patreon.com/NunuXD

93