185 – Press Conference I
1.4k 5 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprisingly for the Players, Notch announced that he would start the press conference, but instead of starting it immediately, which would be the best time to speak, he announced that it would start 2 hours after the announcement.

People who were watching the Livestream of Ned and the other Players commenting on which powers were the best to learn were very relieved since from what they analyzed, there would probably still be another one to two hours of discussion until the List tier was ready.

While some people were just relieved to realize this, other people, the smart ones, realized that Mojang had probably postponed the press conference they were going to hold so that Ned could finish his Tier List before the press conference started.

This way, the billions of people who were watching would practically see two more hours of propaganda about how useful ESW could be for their future, and in the end the biggest beneficiary of this would be Mojang itself.

But despite realizing this, these people didn't complain, as they were also undecided whether to watch Ned's Livestream or whether to watch Notch's press conference.

The advantage is that Twitch had the option for you to pause a Stream and come back later where you paused, but watching live with the simultaneous chat was much more useful and interesting, since so many people's opinions were very relevant.

Ned and the Streamers also realized this and when the time for Notch's Stream was about to start, they accelerated the Tier List and managed to finish on time.

Looking at the number of viewers, Ned's eyes lit up, knowing that in this Livestream alone he had made at least a few million dollars!

When the time Notch set finally arrived, the number of people in Mojang's official Stream room was currently at 4 billion people, and that number was constantly increasing!

As soon as the Stream began, people saw Notch sitting in a rather comfortable-looking armchair, while wearing the signature suit he always wore, while looking at the camera with a somewhat haggard expression.

Just seeing how Notch was doing made the hearts of millions of people around the world very worried.

"Hi everyone, good morning to those who are in a place during the day, good evening to those who are in a place at night. Honestly, I planned for our conversation today to be about something much more fun, like the release of the latest game that we developed, but with the tragedy that happened, it's difficult to keep the spirit up." Notch said in a low, calm voice.

Even though he was originally speaking in English, Oasis' AI was simultaneously translating Notch's voice into the native language of everyone watching this, just as it did for everyone in the games.

But while this seemed very simple and normal to people who already frequented Oasis, for those who were connecting for the first time, seeing Notch speaking their native language with such perfect fluency made them quite surprised, but very calmer and more welcomed with him.

"According to our calculations, the number of victims who unfortunately died in today's invasion was 143 people. An extremely low number for the large number of people who were at the event in New York, but despite being a low number , they were people just like the rest of us." Notch said. "To make it easier for you to understand, and change the idea that these people are just numbers, I will share a tribute with you from someone the families authorized."

As soon as Notch said this, the wall behind him changed into a large screen, and on that screen several faces began to appear.

These faces changed to Profiles on Oasis and showed how much these people had played, how many friends these people had made on Oasis, how many people they had met, how many people honored these people at the end of games, showing how these people were good teammates, among various other non-personal information of these Players.

When people watching the Stream saw this data, their conception really changed!

What before was just a number of 143, now they understood that despite being few, these 143 people had thousands of friends together, friends who would never see them again, play with them, have fun with them, families they would never see again. these people, which made the climate around the world much lower.

"But despite what was bad that happened to these 143 people, according to our calculations, more than a thousand people were injured to the point that in normal times, there would be no treatment for them, but because of people who learned Healing Skills in the ESW, these people managed to continue living, and better yet, without any consequences!" Notch said with bright eyes.

Which caused the almost 5 billion people watching the Stream to be shocked.

Thousands of people saved because of Players who learned some Skills at ESW?!

This was shocking to the average person, especially those who didn't know much about ESW, when they explained to them what it meant, it started to completely change these people's conception of the world.

"About the invasion, from what we have gathered information, we are not the only intelligent race in the universe, that is, there are several other planets with life as intelligent as ours, and many with life even more intelligent than us."

With this statement, ordinary people began to despair, but Notch did not let this despair spread and quickly reassured these people.

"Of course, we have been visited by aliens in the past, and many were peaceful, while others were not so much, but from what we have seen, although there is the possibility of another invasion happening in the future, this will not be a frequent occurrence, so our lives could be continue as normal, while we'll just need to keep in mind that having protective means for this is a useful thing to think about for the future." He explained calmly.

Seeing Notch's calmness despite receiving such shocking news, people still managed to maintain some calm and believe in Notch since up until now he hadn't lied to them once.

But even though people became calmer, they still had the idea of ​​saving money to pay the ESW monthly fee and trying to get powers there too, both to protect themselves and the family and friends they had.

"To help with this, we decided that just as Minecraft has rewards that can improve human bodies, Need For Speed ​​will also have rewards like these, but instead of rewarding people in each race, they will have a Ranking system where people will receive rewards. based on their Ranking at the end of each season. This way we will be able to set a limit on how much we can help, since our production of these resources is quite limited, so that you have a tangible reward to work on in the future." Notch said as he projected a hologram onto his hand showing the Elo Rankings, starting with Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, Grandmaster and Challenger.

Each rank would have a limited number of people and only the best could receive the best rewards.

As soon as 5 billion people heard this, the first thing they thought was that getting to play Need For Speed ​​would be a huge priority for them too!

And Notch knew that as soon as Need For Speed ​​became available for sale, he would receive millions of GP in a matter of seconds!

////NunuNote////
NEW MONTH, BEST TIME TO BECOME A PATREON!!
Read 20+ chapters on Patre On! (21 chapters release in the last 10 days there!!)
And 20+ chapters of a new novel.
Patreon.com/NunuXD
Join our discord to see the visual representations: discord.gg/nunuXD

72