ESSAY V – TRIGGER
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Writing essay pages are usually easier for me than writing regular chapters. Because it allows me to focus on worldbuilding and lore freely, without thinking about anything else.

 

Alas, I suppose reading them is not as fulfilling for you as regular chapters, because reader interaction with essay pages is usually lower than in regular chapters. 

 

Click the heart icon right above if you like the story. Yes, before reading. You obviously forget to click after reading. Anyway... Enjoy the lore. 

TRIGGER

 

A trigger is defined as anything and everything that can be used to activate a prepared mental image according to the authority holder's will. It can be a word, a gesture, a gaze, an object, or even a thought to cast one's will. Regardless of what anyone says about them, triggers are considered one of the few benchmark achievements of modern authority holders against their primitive counterparts.  

 

One of the most common misconceptions about triggers is the perceived necessity of them. As the universal definition hints, a trigger is anything that can activate a mental image but ultimately is not necessary for activation. 

 

On the opposite, a trigger is necessary and sometimes even mandatory to prevent the willing or unwilling abuse of authority. In essence, it is more like a preventive measure than a component of the will construct or projection.

 

Thus for some certain will constructs and projections, trigger use and sometimes even specific trigger use is deemed mandatory by legislators around the Cihan. 

 

By nature, a trigger is almost always something impossible to use by mistake, something that can't be encountered during the ordinary course of life, something unique.  

 

A verbal trigger for example is often a word from some dead language, and often than not from a specific jargon especially used for this purpose. It is usually a one-syllable word that is read as written.

 

For words that are from languages that are not read as written, jargon always uses the transcribed version of the word from its original language. Thus, phonetic alphabets are always the alphabets of choice for authority holders. 

 

A somatic trigger is usually a universal gesture that is impossible to mistake and often than not illegal to perform in public. Regardless of its futility, this kind of trigger is also the main reason for some countries to force authority holders to wear identity markers on themselves, including Sema. 

 

Eye gestures are often included in this section. Despite being somatic triggers, eye gestures differentiate by their ease, subtility, and swiftness. On the other hand, they also differentiate by their unreliability which makes them one of the most dangerous triggers to use for beginners due to the nature of ocular reflexes which are hardest to control. 

 

Material triggers are usually specific item combinations that can't be encountered in daily life. One such famous historical example of a material trigger is the famous "barbed arrowhead in an envelope" which is still considered criminal harassment in many countries despite arrows not being used as weapons of war for centuries. The promise of pain, torture, and death is still too vivid in the memory of the common folk due to the many criminal elements around the globe.  

 

Modern material triggers often include written words on specific materials using specific fonts and alphabets of dead runic languages.  Apart from being a popular craft, runesmithing is also considered a self-defense art in many cultures.  

 

Cream of the crop among all others are the ocular and the mental triggers which are almost always the most subtle and dangerous ones that often require a great mastery of authority. Different from eye gestures, ocular triggers are just gazes, gazes with intent which makes them impossible to separate from mental triggers which are simply thoughts with intent. 

 

Apart from all other known advantages, what makes a mind awakened a frightening force both on the battlefield and in the boardroom is the ability to use mental triggers to activate mental images which makes them the fastest, most precise casters. 

 

A twice-awakened-of-mind on top of that? Lord bless the poor souls that make an enemy of the legends in the making. Because they are the middlemen of chaos that always bring change and destruction wherever they go. 

 

One of the best decisions the leaders of the enlightened world made during the countless pages of history is to let those men and women stay unchained, independent founders of their own units, military or civilian in nature.

 

This was the secret behind the most important and renowned institutions in the history of the known world, also the secret behind the Dreamblind. 

 

What are your feelings about this? Do you like reading a 500 - 1000 word essay for each 3000 - 5000 word chapter or do you prefer more chapters and fewer essays? I don't think anyone would prefer more or longer essays but please write your own comment about this. 

 

1