ESSAY XII – INTERROGATION
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just another essay chapter here. 

 

How Pinhan interrogates his captive won't be shown. Thus, I thought that an essay chapter could give a little bit of insight into the things that an authority holder could do with his powers. 

 

Writing that part as an essay would be ultimately much shorter, easier, and much lighter, I hope. I don't want to write the really dark parts of things, and I am sure that nothing I would write could rival your own imagination.

 

Anyway, if you enjoy the story click the heart icon right above.

 

INTERROGATION

 

Intelligence is defined as the information gathered to guide decisions and actions; whereas espionage is the collection of said intelligence through clandestine means. 

 

There are many ways to gather different types of intelligence. Interrogation is a common way to gather human intelligence and is defined as interviewing with the common goal of eliciting useful information, whereas torture, another common method, is defined as the deliberate infliction of severe pain or suffering on a person for reasons, such as interrogation. 

 

Overall, interrogational torture is the use of torture to obtain information in interrogation, as opposed to the use of torture to extract a forced confession, regardless of whether it is true or false.

 

Torture's moral repugnance aside, most intelligence experts who study interrogation consider torture an ineffective and counterproductive means of gathering accurate information, because it frequently generates false or misleading information and impairs subsequent information collection.

 

Luckily, any authority holder with self-respect is beyond the use of such primitive techniques for intelligence gathering.

 

The phrase "enhanced interrogation techniques" which is just a fancy way to call torture for common interrogators means something completely different for an authority holder. 

 

Who needs violence when he can inflict physical pain just with a touch?

 

Who needs threats of sexual abuse or death when he can make you experience it through nightmares?

 

Mostly sadists of course. Alas, such invasive enhanced interrogation techniques are frowned upon extremely due to their inelegance and would be seen as worse than the torture method they imitate. 

 

Even domination is seen as worse than rape when used as an interrogation technique.

 

Why does one need physical, mental, or emotional torture when she can achieve far better results with a simple charm, dream, hallucination, or hypnosis? 

 

Who needs prolonged sleep deprivation leading to hallucinations when he can actually induce controlled hallucinations, right?

 

Charming a dreaming subject or hypnotizing a hallucinating one though? Now, those are the real enhanced interrogation techniques. Not that just anyone can use them. 

 

The real master class of interrogation is interrogation through non-invasive methods though, such as illusions. 

 

Imagine just showing the illusion of the physical evidence of a crime or betrayal to the suspect to force a confession. That is an art all by itself.

 

In real life though, the method of choice is hardly dependent on the interrogator. It usually depends on the amount of time and resources available.

 

Just like everything else in real life, there is always a balance in the act of interrogation. When time is limited, the resources that must be spent for the interrogation increase exponentially, whereas when the resources are limited the time increases likewise. 

 

There is always another option though. A much faster, cheaper, and darker option. One can always use any psionic method to invade the mind space of the target regardless of the consequences. High risk, high reward...

 

The method chosen and the results would naturally be highly dependent on the mental capacity of the caster for such approximations. One can easily mind-break the target without learning anything or worse break his own mind while trying. 

 

Although considered a crime against humanity, such atrocities are not uncommon on the field, especially when the stakes are too high. 

 

There is a reason for the mind awakened always being dreaded after all, and twice at that, no iron will can stand more than a few moments.

 

Alas, there is always someone more frightening, an empath, and even then there is always a mind-awakened empath. One simply doesn't mess with mind awakened, much less a mind-awakened empath. 

 

Now, Pinhan is not an empath I assure you. However, as you can all remember he is the next best thing, a mind-awakened. There are going to be many things that should be said about the real meaning of these but all will come in time. 

 

Please ask anything you want in the comment section. Who knows, maybe the next essay chapter would be the one that answers your question.

 

1