Urgent Medical Request (Non-Story line Compliment)
165 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

## ## 1096
Due to the content of this report employees' and patients' names will be redacted. Only those of level 6 clearance above or level 4 clearance for the medical team is allowed the original files.

An Analysis of odd behavior exhibited by Oripathy, written by employee ### ######

This file is originally being written to provide emphasis on a specific pattern of symptoms some patients have been seen exhibiting under Oripathy.
Normal convention dictates that Oripathy is a singular infectious disease caused by coming into contact with raw Originium, be it from a catastrophe, the earth, or via blood infection from a patient already diagnosed with Oripathy. Based on the severity of infection, Originium shards will begin to grow along the patient's skin, internal organs, nervous and skeletal systems. If untreated crystals will cause the eventual death of the patient by interfering with the patient's normal biology.

It is well known that patients exhibit different forms of symptoms and crystal growth with much overlap between patients. However, this report is being written to highlight a very specific set of symptoms multiple people have been reported to possess. A perfect example is ### ####### #### code yellow scare.

Employee $$$$$ $$$$$$$$ of the HR Department

Previously this employee applied for Rhodes Island via a referral and possessed appropriate documentation to show they were un-infected. The doctor's report was only a year old, but as per standard hiring procedure, they were required to undergo a test at R.I medical facilities.

Test results showed

[Cell-Originium Assimiliation] to be at 14% with a [Blood-Originium-Crystal Density] of 0.20 ul.

The employee was incapable of recalling when they were exposed to infection, and the previous medical records given were shown not shown to be forged. This means that within a year they suffered an unsupervised Oripathy infection.

Scans showed no potential crystal formations along their internal organs, however, deeper scans showed possible crystal formations along with large nerve clusters. Further analysis showed the employee was suffering from an extensive infection focusing on their nervous system. Similar to Operator #######. However, as opposed to said Operator, the employee doesn't exhibit any mental instability. In fact, they showed no symptoms of infection at all. If the employee didn't apply for R.I when they did, it is my professional opinion they would have unknowingly allowed further infection to spread across their body.

Medication was prescribed and no further infection has spread beyond the already severely infected nervous system.
What is concerning is the lack of symptoms the employee showcased and based on my research several patients have suffered eerily similar symptoms or lack of symptoms.

Patient ### ######

During their examination at an R.I-sponsored outpost, the patient willing divulged he was a Mercenary active during the Kazdel civil war before he opted to work for his current security job. The patient was capable of recounting he contracted Oripathy.

Patient inquiry showed he contracted the disease during a skirmish against a female Lupo Mercenary who was active during the war. Apparently, the Lupo in question used a crude knife made of Raw Originium against him, which resulted in his infection.

Personally, I question the ethical stance of weaponizing Raw Origin to purposely cause infection but I am well aware during times of war the human mind resorts to justifying the most heinous deeds.

Medical reports were in a similar vein of the above-mentioned employee, with severe infection present along with the entire man's nervous system. The portable scanners used, while not as efficient as the ones present at the main lab, showed interesting imagery of the nervous system.

Multiple small nodes of presumed crystal were shown to have grown throughout the various nerve clusters of the man's body, with a slightly large node being noted within the man's brain. Despite the extremely dangerous placement of said nodes, the man reported zero complications.

[Cell-Originium Assimiliation] to be at 20% with a [Blood-Originium-Crystal Density] of 0.18 ul.

Patient #### #######

This brings me to my last example, a recent patient reigning from the slums of Ursus who was given treatment within the main labs.
Said patient could not recall exacting when they contracted Oripathy, due to the nature of their previous lifestyle of living in the slums.
Based on medical analysis, the man seems to have suffered Oripathy as long as the previously mentioned retired mercenary, and once again reported exhibiting zero symptoms despite having multiple originium nodes growing along their nervous system.

Scans showed a lack of crystal formation along any organs besides the singular node within the brain, and blood tests showed a very small amount of granules present in the blood.

Medical reports dictate

[Cell-Originium Assimiliation] to be at 20% with a [Blood-Originium-Crystal Density] of 0.14 ul.

Using three of these test results, I would like to point out a concerning pattern. As we are aware, the assimilation rate of infection typically means an increase in blood originium, yet somehow the blood originium density is showing an opposite trend.
It was based on this trend I suggested a spinal tap on this Ursus patient, something typically not done as Oripathy infection is better expressed through blood results. The CSF results I received were extremely concerning, as according to the results if they were translated to a Blood Originium Crystal Density test the patient would have 0.50 UL.

Over fifty percent of the CSF fluid obtained was comprised of originum granules, yet the patient still exhibited no symptoms. It seems these originium granules selectively migrate toward CSF and concentrate there as opposed to the blood circulatory system.

Later microscopic analysis showed something unprecedented in terms of how we view Oripathy. Instead of actively stifling the patient's biological responses, these granules appear to be in a symbiotic relationship with the lymphocytes and monocytes in the patient's CSF. Images showed extremely minuscule crystal fragments fusing themselves to these cells, while not destroying them in the process.

Further testing is needed but according to the microscopic analysis, I speculate the Oripathy exhibited by these patients is possibly non-life-threatening. Individual cells have fused with Orignium yet continue to operate as if nothing has occurred.

On the contrary, I fear how our current medication may affect these patients. If the crystal granules are fusing with cells present in the nervous system, will our current medication negatively impact the patients we have sworn to help?

I apologize for the suddenness of this report but I request urgent analysis of, dare I say, new strain of Oripathy.

End Line.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Authors note: This snippet is not within the same time period as the man story line, and actually takes place in the future from the current story.

2