E.P. 2 Roaring Sports Festival
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up immediately after the last episode.

Io/All Might:"Izuku Midoriya. You must introduce yourself to the world, and proudly say 'I am here!'"

Izuku:*Gasps.* "But, All Might, that's your catchphrase! Besides, what can I do?"

Io and All Might walk back to the couch.

All Might:"You know how the sports festival is set up, right?"

Izuku:"Oh, yeah. Of course!"

All Might and Io sit down.

Izuku:"Students are separated by class year, and then the support, business, general studies, and hero courses all fight against each other in a bunch of preliminary trials. Whoever makes it through the initial games face off in the finals. It's basically a big round-robin tournament."

All Might points to Izuku and Io drinks more tea.

All Might:"Right! Meaning, you'll have plenty of opportunities to sell yourself."

Izuku:"I guess."

All Might falls back and the couch falls with him and so does Io and Io chokes on his tea.

Izuku:"I'm sorry! I mean, what you're saying is absolutely correct, All Might!"

Izuku starts to mutter.

Izuku:*Muttering.* "But honestly, it's kind of hard to get excited about this after everything that just happened at the USJ. Plus, I've already got the world's greatest hero and hero trainer teaching me, so the festival probably isn't my only hope of getting scouted by an agency. And besides, I don't know that I can stand out right now considering I did so horribly on the fitness tests and can't control One For very well."

The camera pans over to Io and All Might just laying against the tipped over couch.

All Might:*Spitting blood.* "Man, nobody is better at spoutin' word vomit than you, kid."

Io rubs his head.

Io:"So much talking."

Izuku stands up and looks to the two.

Izuku:"Oh, hey, are you two okay?"

Io and All Might just look to him.

All Might:"Some heroes always aim for the top," *Then the camera looks to IO.* "While others happily settle." *The camera pans out to look to the two heroes.* "The difference between those two mindsets has a big impact on how far you go in the real world. I understand how you feel. And we may even be projecting a bit of ourselves onto you. However, I hope you haven't forgotten the emotions you felt back at the beach during our training."

A few minutes later Izuku leaves and Io and All Might get up.

Then suddenly Io grabs his arm in pain and he grunts.

All Might:"Sir, are you okay?"

Io grunts then pants and he calms down.

Io:*Waves him off.* "Yeah, it's just pain from the fight with the knight." *He grabs a pill bottle and takes out a pill and swallows it.* "I need to grade some tests so see you later All Might." *Io leaves the room.*

All Might looks to the door in slight worry.

Later.

The students are training.

The camera shows Io holding a stop watch and Iida runs past him.

Then it shows Io in the weight room watching Shoji lift weights and Io writes something on a boards.

The is shows Io watching Bakugo punch trees.

The it shows Io standing next to Denki as he uses his Quirk over a large area.

Then is shows Io pulling a large switch and A bunch of stadium lights turn on and shine on Tokoyami.

Then it shows Io handing a bunch of books to Momo then Momo bows to him.

Later.

Io is in his house and in the bathroom getting ready. Io is getting his Hero outfit on. He takes off his cheek and head bandage and throws them away. The wounds have healed up but have left small Scars. He looks to his right hand that's still bandaged and he squeezes it and it stings a little. He still has the collar and cuffs on.

Io:"Hmm."

His right hands start to shake and he grabs it. Then he grits his teeth in pain.

Ryuko:*Down stairs.* "Honey, If you don't leave now, you're gonna be late."

Io:*Shouts.* "Coming."

He finishes getting ready and runs down stairs.

He gets to the front door and grabs his keys and Ryuko come sup and they kiss.

Ryuko:"Have a good day at the festival."

Io:"I will. And you have fun pro heroing today."

They kiss one last time and Io leaves.

Later.

The camera opens up to Io, Aizawa and Present Mic in the Announcers booth. They all have mics in front of them and also all have their hero costumes on. Io still has collar and cuffs on, there just more hidden by his costume. 

Mic:"Hey! Make some noise, all you rabid sports fans!" *The crowd cheers.* "Get those cameras prepped, media hordes! This year we're bringing you some of the hottest performances in sports festival history, guaranteed! I've only got one question before we start this show: Are you ready?"

The crowd cheers.

Mic:"Let me hear ya scream as our students make their way to the main stage!"

Class 1A start to walk down a tunnel that heads outside. 

Present Mic:"Welcome back to the UA Sports Festival! Where up-and-coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for the chance to achieve worldwide fame and celebrity! This first group are no strangers to the spotlight! You knew them for withstanding a villain attack--the dazzling students lighting up your TVs with solid-gold skills. The hero course students of Class 1-A!"

Class 1-A walks out onto the field wearing their gym uniforms.

The camera moves down to them. 

Izuku looks really nervous.

Izuku:"Uh.. I didn't know there'd be so many people."

Tenya:"I hope we're still able to give our best performances, even though all these eyes are watching us." *Izuku looks at Iida with widen eyes.* I suppose it's just another aspect of being a hero we all have to learn to get used to it."

Kirishima:"Present Mic sure did talk us up a lot. Kinda makes me nervous." *He looks to Bakugo.* "How you fellin', man?"

Bakugo:*Smirks.* "I'm not worried. Make me wanna win this thing even more."

Class 1-B walks out onto the field.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "They haven't been getting nearly as much screen time, but this next  group is still chock full of talent! Welcome hero course Class 1-B!"

More classes walk out onto the field.

Present Mic:"Next up, general studies classes C, D, and E! Support classes F, G, and H! And finally business classes I, J, and K! Give it up for all of UA's first-year contestants!"

The audience cheers. 

All the gather in front of the stage where Midnight is. She is holding a tassel. 

Midnight:"Now, the introductory speech!"

Midnight:"Now, the introductory speech!"

Everyone blushes at her hero costume.

Kirishima:*Blushing.* "Uh, someone should talk to Ms. Midnight about what she's wearing."

Denki:"Yeah. That costume should come with a warning."

Tokoyami:"Is that really appropriate apparel for a high school game?"

Mineta grunts and gives a thumbs up.

Back up in the announcement booth.

Io:'You should've seen her original costume.' *He blushes a little.*

Back down to the stage.

Midnight:"Silence, everyone! And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugo!"

Some of the students are surprised.

Bakugo walks up to the stage.

Izuku:"Uh... He's the first-year rep?"

Sero:"I guess that hot-head did finish first in the entrance tests."

A female student sighs.

Student:"Only for the hero course exams."

Izuku:"Oh, right."

Sero:"That girl obviously hates us."

Denki:"Yeah, and we've got Bakugo to thank for them not liking our class."

Bakugo walks up to the microphone.

Bakugo:*Speakers.* "I pledge-- That I'll be number one."

Class 1-A:"I knew he'd say something like that!"

Class 1-A:"I knew he'd say something like that!"

The other classes start boing him. 

Tenya:*Chops the air.* "Why would you be so disrespectful! You're representing us all!"

Bakugo looks back to them.

Bakugo:"Not my fault the rest of you are just stepping stones to my victory." *He gives them a thumbs down.*

Tetsutetsu:"I'm gonna crush this overconfident jerk! I can't wait to knock 'im down a size!"

Tetsutetsu:"I'm gonna crush this overconfident jerk! I can't wait to knock 'im down a size!"

Bakugo walks back to his class. Tenya is still chopping the air complaining. 

Midnight:"Without further ado, it's time for us to get started!"

Midnight continues to talk.

Ochaco:"UA really doesn't believe in letting us catch a breath, huh?"

Midnight:"This is where you begin feeling the pain! The first fateful game of the festival!" *She swipes her tassel in the air and a board pops up with a generator.* "What could it be?" *It stops on Obstacle Race.* "Ta-dah!"

Izuku:"So it's gonna be an obstacle course."

Midnight:"All 11 classes will participate in this treacherous contest. The track is four kilometers around the outside of the stadium. I don't wanna restrain anyone, at least in this game." *She licks her lips.* "As long as you don't leave the course, you're free to do whatever your heart desires."

The audience cheers.

Midnight:"Now then, take your places, contestants."

All the students go over to the starting line. 

The lights at the top of the gate count it down and once all three are dark everyone rushes through the narrow hall.

Midnight:"Begin!"

The camera moves back up to the announcer booth.

Present Mic:"And we're off to a racing start!" *He turns to the other two.*How 'bout some commentary, Mummy Man? Io?"

Aizawa:"How did you talk me into this?"

Io:"You said there would be some food here."

Present Mic:"What should we be paying attention to in the early stages of the race?"

Aizawa:"The doorway."

Io:"Their crowding it though."

The camera moves back down to the entryway and it's crowded no one can really move.

Shoto freezes the ground and most of the students and runs past everyone. 

Shoto:"Apologies."

Bakugo uses his Quirk to get past,  so does Aoyama and momo and Kirishima. 

Kirishima:"Here I come."

Bakugo is yelling at the top of his lungs.

Mom:"Nice trick, Todoroki!"

Bakugo:"I won't let you get away so easily! You Icy-hot bastard!"

Bakugo uses his Quirk to launch himself at Shoto.

Ojiro using his tail to jump.

Ojiro:"You froze me in place once before, it won't happen again."

Tokoyami flies past him using his Quirk. 

Mina is using her acid to melt the ice and skate on top of it.

Mina:"Close one!"

Few other students from other classes and a few from class 1-A sty to make their way across the ice. 

Ochaco:"Gotta wait for the right time to show off my Quirk!"

Shinso has got a few people carrying him across the ice. 

Shinso:"So they are good at using their powers, huh?"

Shoto:"I didn't expect so many people to dodge that. Especially those from other classes." *He gasps.* 

Mineta is using his quirk on the ice and jumps from one ball to the other. He flies at Shoto.

Mineta:"You think you're so cool, bit I've outsmarted you! Ha! How pathetic, Todoroki! Eat this! My special attack!" *He grabs a ball from his head.* "Gra..." *But them he gets hit away by a one pointer robot.*

Mineta gets launched away. 

Mineta:"Are you okay?"

Izuku gasps as a one pinter is next to him.

One pointer:"Target acquired. Terminate them."

Izuku:"It's those robots from the entrance exam!"

Present Mic:"Oh! Enemies have shown up out of nowhere! I bet we're in for a treat here! A test of strength and cunning! It's a Robo inferno!"

Io:"Yeah!"

A bunch of Zero-pont villains show up.

Denki:"Are those the zero-point villains from the practical exams."

Student 15B:"Seriously?"

Student 15A:"This is what they meant by obstacles."

Shoto:"So this is what the other students faced in their entrance exams."

Momo:"Where does the school get funding for these things?"

The zero-pointers attack the students. 

Shoto:"They obviously went through a lot of trouble, but I wish they prepare something  a little more difficult." *He uses his Quirk to make ice spears on the ground.* "Especially since my dear-old dad is watching."

He freezes the zero-pointers.

Shoto sights and his breath is visible. 

He then runs past the frozen robot.

Student 15P:"Dude, he stopped the robots!"

Student 15Q:"Look! Between their legs! We can get through."

Shoto:"Careful, now. I froze them while they were off their balance."

The robots start to fall apart and tip over.

Shoto:"On purpose."

Present Mic:"That's Todoroki from Class 1-A pulling ahead to an early lead with a devastating display!" *Slams the table.* "Amazing! He's one we should watch, it almost seems unfair! Thoughts?"

Aizawa:"His attacks was both offensive and defensive."

Io:"It helped him while distracting others."

Present Mic:"No wonder he was let in on recommendations! He'd never even fought those Robo Infernos before, but they didn't stand a chance against his chart-topping moves!"

The robots start to close in on the other students. 

Io can be heard sobbing.

Present Mic:"We are you crying?"

Io:*Crying.*"I just realized Todoroki destroyed those robots."

Aizawa:"Yeah, so what?"

Io:*Cires louder.* "Who do you think payed for most of this year's sport festival!" 

The camera zooms out to UA stadium then turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-28-2021

2193 words.

1