E.P. 6 Io’s pain
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to All Might and Io smiling but glaring at Endeavor. Io doesn't have his collar or cuffs on. 

All Might:"Yo! Long time no see!"

Io:"Let's catch up, Endeavor."

Endeavor:"All Might. Io." *He turns and glares at them.*

All Might:"I haven't talked to you since that press conference then years ago

All Might:"I haven't talked to you since that press conference then years ago."

Io:"And I haven't talked to you in 15 years."

All Might:"It's been a while. I saw you and figured I'd say hi."

Io:"Me too."

Endeavor:"Did you now? Well then, if that's all you two wanted to do, we're done."

Endeavor walks down the stairs.

All Might:"Huh?"

Endeavor:"Chatting like we're old friends. What a joke."

All Might laughs and jumps in front of Endeavor. Io is sitting on his shoulder.

All Might:"Come on, why the cold shoulder?"

Endeavor growls. 

All Might:"You should be thrilled. After all, your son's doing very well out there, just using half his power."

Io:*Sarcastic.* "You must be a great teacher."

Endeavor:"Are you two implying something?"

All Might:"No. We want to know your secrets. How do we train the next generation of heroes?"

Endeavor:"Do you really think I'd tell you anything I've taught the boy?" *He starts walking.* "You're both all flash and no brains as usual." *He bumps into All Might's shoulder nearly causing Io to fall off.* "Outta my way." *Endeavor walks down more stairs.*

Io's eyes turn red and he growls at Endeavor and Stinger comes out.

All Might:"Okay." *He grabs Stinger.*

Endeavor stops walking,

Endeavor:"Let me assure you of one thing, All Might and Io. Whatever it takes... That kid of mine will beat you two, someday. I'll make sure of it. That's why I made him."

Io growls more.

All Might:"You did what?"

Endeavor:"He's in a rebellious phase right now. But he will take your place, All might and ruin you Io. I'll make sure of it."

Endeavor walks away.

Io tries to lunge at Endeavor and attack him, but All Might grabs him.

All Might:"It's not worth it, Sir."

Io growls then calms down. His eyes turn back to yellow and Stinger goes back inside of him. 

Io:*Shaking in anger.* "I hate him so much."

All Might sets Io down.

All Might:"I know, but you can't just attack him."

Io huffs and walks away angry.

Few minutes later. 

Io is walking down a hall then suddenly he starts to sweat and pant. He looks around and sees no one and he runs around a corner and leans against the wall.

Io:*Panting.*"Not... now."

He grabs his arm in pain and he grabs the pill bottle out of his pocket and takes a few pills. He looks at the pill bottle and it says 'Pain Killers.'

Io:"It's getting worse."

Io has a flashback.

Flashback.

The camera shows Io in a hospital bed talking to Mei and then she runs out of the room. He watches her leave and after a few seconds he groans in pain.

Grandeeney:"It's staring isn't it?"

Io is panting and sweating. 

Io:"Yes, With that battle it started."

He takes a few deep breaths and calms down.

Grandeeney:"It's just like what happened to Cruz?"

Io looks down sadly.

Io:"Yeah, But it's progressing fast than hers."

Grandeeney walks over to him and uses Her Quirk to scan him. 

Grandeeney:"How much time do you have?"

Io:"I don't know, but I don't think I'll last more than a year. At max two."

Grandeeney:"I'll try and work on a solution just don't use your Quirk too much." *She hands him a bottle of painkillers.*

Io:*His hair shadows his eyes.*"If it doesn't work. You know what to do."

Grandeeney grits her teeth.

Grandeeney:"But--"

Io:*Looks up to her with tears forming in his eyes.* "Please, I don't want to end up like Cruz. It'll be to dangerous for everyone."

Grandeeney looks away from him and starts to walk out of the room.

Grandeeney:"Fine, but you need to tell that kid you and All Might are training."

Io:"It'll be safer if he doesn't know. Also keep this between us. No one needs to know about this."

Grandeeney sighs and walks out of the room. Io looks at his hands.

Io:"My Quirk is just becoming too much for my body to handle." *He then makes fists.* "I can't give up now, I still have so much unfinished business."

Flashback over.

Io is taking a few deep breaths and he wipes his brow. 

Io:"Good their kicking in." *He checks the time on his phone.* "Shit! It's almost time."

He starts to run to the announcer booth.

Later.

The camera opens to the announcer booth with the three pro heroes in it. Io has is collar and cuffs back on.

Present Mic:"Get those foam fingers in the air! It's almost time for the last round! But before that: Good news for everyone who didn't make the finals."

Io:"Since this is a sports festival, we've prepare some awesome side games everyone can be apart of!"

The camera pans down to some cheerleaders.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "We even brought in cheerleaders from America to get your blood pumping!"

Aizawa:*Speakers.* "Uh-"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Hold up."

Io:*Speakers.* "Wow."

The camera pans over to the females of class 1-A in cheerleader uniforms. 

Aizawa:*Speakers.* "What are they doing?"

The girls looks dead inside.

The girls looks dead inside

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Looks like Class 1-A goin' full-on fanservice!"

Io:*Speakers.* "No, I think they just want to support their school."

A facepalm is heard over the speakers.

Denki and Mineta chuckle and give each other thumbs up.

Momo:*Angry.* "What?! You tricked us? You're gonna regret this!"

Momo falls to her knees.

Momo:*sighs.* "Why is it that I always end up falling for that little pervert's stupid schemes?" *Ochaco crouches next to her and pats her on the back.* "I even used my Quirk to make these outfits.

Jiro is punching the air.

Jiro:"Ugh, I hate those guys!"

Hagakure:"Well, we do have a little time before the finals start, and I kinda like these uniforms, so...." *She swings her pom poms up and down.* "How 'bout we just roll with it!"

Jiro:"Are you crazy!"

Tsuyu:"Wow, Toru. You've got skills."

The crowd cheers.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Have fun competing in these little side games, everyone! After they're over, the 16 students from the top 4 teams will be duking it out one-on-one in a tournament-style fighting competition!"

The camera moves to each of the four teams.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "I promise you're not gonna wanna miss these epic match ups!"

The camera moves down to Kirishima.

Kirishima:"Aw, yeah. Finally getin' the chance to show what we're made of. I watch these finals every year, and now I'm actually in them!"

Mina:"So wait. Is it always a tournament?"

Sero:"The final's always a one-on-one competition, but they switch it up every time. Last year it was a foam sword-fighting match."

The camera moves up to MIdnight on the stage. She's holding a box.

Midnight:"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against. Then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start. The 16 finalists have the option of participating in those activities or sitting out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first place team."

Ojiro raises his hand.

Ojiro:"Um. Excuse me. Sorry. But I'm withdrawing."

The students gasp.

Izuku:"Ojiro. No way!"

Tenya:"But this is a rare chance for you to get scouted."

Ojiro:"It just wouldn't be right. I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it."

Izuku gasps.

Ojiro:"I... think it was that guy's Quirk."

Izuku looks to Shinso.

Ojiro:"I know this is a great opportunity. I wish I could take advantage of it, but my conscience won't let me."

Izuku:"Just think about this."

Ojiro:"I have, okay? Everyone gave their all in round two, but I was just someone's puppet. No way. I don't wanna advance if I don't even know how I got here. It wouldn't be fair."

Hagakure:"You're making way to much of this! Just kill it in the finals and prove you should be here."

Mina:"Yeah, what she said. I didn't do much in the battle, either."

Ojiro:"That's not it. I'm talking about my pride here. I refuse to give that up."

Tenya and Izuku gasp. 

Ojiro:"Also why are all the girls dressed like cheerleaders?"

The girls groan. 

Then Shoda walks forward.

Shoda:"Nirengeki Shoda from Class 1-B. I think I should withdraw for the exact same reason. Regardless of how strong I am, this isn't how I wanted to get here. It would go against the values of the festival to advance without earning my spot."

The camera moves over to Kirishima, who is crying.

Kirishima:"Listen to these guys! They're so manly!"

The camera moves up to the announcer's booth.

Present Mic:"Well now. Here's another weird turn of events."

Io:"Weird it indeed is."

Aizawa:"We'll have to see what Midnight has to say about all this-- she's the one in charge."

The camera moves down to Midnight.

Midnight:"This sort of talk is incredibly naive, my boys. That runts me on! Shoda! Ojiro! You're withdrawn!"

Students:"Did she say it turns her on?"

Aoyama puts a hand on Ojiro's shoulder.

Aoyama:"Don't worry. I'll win it for you."

Midnight:"Now let's see... We'll have to move up two students from the fifth-place cavalry team so we have enough contestants."

Kendo:"We were frozen most of the time. Honestly, we barely did anything in the cavalry battle." *She looks to Komori.* "In't that right?"

Komori:"Uh-huh."

She looks to her other teammates.

Kendo:"Girls?" *They nod.* "You should choose from the group that kept fighting the whole time. Team Tetsutetsu."

Tetsutetsu's eyes widen.

Tetsutetsu:"Kendo!"

Kendo:"I'm not doing this as a favor. It's just fair."

Tetsutetsu:"Seriously, you guys! Thank you!"

Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki were chosen to fight. 

Midnight:"So, Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki have advanced to the finals! Take a look at the bracket, my dears. These are your opponents!"

The matches are set up and the crowd cheers.

Tetsutetsu and Kirishima are fighting each other.

Tetsutetsu/Kirishima:"Seriously! How does this keep happening?"

Momo and Tokoyami are fighting.

Tokoyami:"I'll give it my all."

Momo:"Good. That's all that I ask of you."

Mina and Aoyama are fighting.

Aoyama:"Ma cherie" *He winks at her.* "I'm afraid it's the end of the road for you."

Mina:"I can't wait to melt you butt."

Izuku sees he's fighting Shinso and he's also fighting first. 

Shinso:"That is you, right? Izuku Midoriya?"

Shinso is right behind Izuku. Izuku whimpers then yelps and he turns around and backs away. 

Shinso:"A pleasure. So you excited?"

Izuku:"Uh.. Ye--" *Ojiro covers Izuku's mouth with his tail.*

Ojiro:"Not so fast."

Shinso:"Heh." *Shinso walks away.*

Ojiro removes his tail from Izuku's face.

Izuku:"Ojiro. What's the deal?"

Ojiro:"You can't say a word to him."

Izuku:"Huh?"

The camera moves over to Bakugo. He's fighting Ochaco.

Bakugo:"Uraraka? Who the hell's that?"

Ochaco gasps. 

The the camera moves over to Tenya as Mei walks up to him.

Mei:"Hey, legs. You're Iida, right?"

Tenya:"Hm? Correct. I'm Tenya Iida."

Mei:"Oh! That's perfect!" *Her eyes shine.* "I have something nice for you!"

Then the camera moves back up to the announcer booth. Io is drinking from a blood bead.

Present Mic:"Let's press pause for a momentary interlude! Before the battles begin, it's time for some pulse-pounding side games!"

During the games Io is staring at his wedding ring. The girls were cheering in their cheerleader outfits.

After the games.

Cementoss was using his Quirk to make the stage for the fight.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Thank you, Cementoss! Hey, sports fans. Are ya ready?"

The crowd cheers. 

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "After all the action you've already witnessed, it's time for the real battles to begin! Can ya feel the excitement? Our competitors are on their own now!"

The camera pans over to Izuku who is staind in the hallway that leads out to the arena.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Sometimes, heroes have only themselves to rely on! Heart. Skill. Strength. Wisdom. Courage. They'll have to use all of these things to rise to the top!"

Couple Minutes later.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "All right everyone! Let's cut to the good stuff and not delay these finals any longer. Welcome our first fighters."

The TV bored shows Shinso and Izuku. Izuku looks a little scared in the photo.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Whoa, he looks kinda scared in that picture, doesn't he?"

The camera pans down to Izuku.

Io:*Speakers.* "It's Izuku Midoriya from the hero class versus..."

The camera pans to Shinso.

Io:*Speakers.* "Hitoshi Shinso from general studies."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "He really hasn't done anything to stand out yet."

The camera pans back to the announcers booth.

Present Mic:"The rules are simple. Immobilize your opponent or force them outta the ring."

The camera pans down to the fighting stage as Izuku and Shinso walk onto it.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "You can also win by getting the other person to cry uncle!"

Io:*speakers* "Cry uncle?"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Bring on the injuries, 'cause we've got our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby! So put your morals aside and don't be afraid to play dirty! But of course, no life-threatening crap, folks. It's not allowed."

Io:*Speakers.* "Real heroes use their power to throw villains in jail, not kill them."

Cementoss:"I'll stop anyone who tries to get too rough."

Izuku sighs. 

Shinso:"So you can just give up, huh?" *Izuku gasps.* "In a way, this is a test of how strong your spirit is. If you know what you want your future to hold for you, you can't worry about what other people think."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Ready?"

Shinso:"That monkey was going on about his pride earlier."

Present Mic*Speakers.* "Begin!"

Shinso:"But I just think he's an idiot for throwing away his chance like that."

Izuku gasps and then growls and starts to walk to him.

Izuku:"Don't you talk about him that way!" *He starts to run.*

The he suddenly stops.

Shinso:"That's it. I win."

Then the camera pans up to Ojiro.

Ojiro:*Groans.* "I warned him not to say anything!"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Huh?! Hey, hey, what's the dealio?"

Io:*Speakers.* "Oh, no."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "This is the first match! It should start out with a bang!"

The camera pans to Izuku. His eyes are completely white.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "The fights has just begun and Izuku Midoriya is...completely frozen?"

The camera pans to a view of the stadium then turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-01-2021

2410 words

0