Ch 1 Every road starts with a single step…
109 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"RAAAAAAAA" a man dressed in Cheap leather armor that has seen more then a few years of use and repair charge at a feminine figure perched atop a small craggy rock outcropping completely unamused by the battle that is taking place around her. though battle may be to generous a term for a fight between a dozen people at best. just as the man was about to reach his target an arrow flying as straight and true as a bullet lodges into the mans neck. the mans charge all but halted as he falls to the ground dead.

"CAPTAIN" a voice calls out as a women in studded leather armor, she looks no older then 27 runs up to the figure on the rocks as she got closer the girls coal black pointed cat ears and tail show themselves. with a matching dark colored longbow and quiver at her lithe hips with two daggers sheathed to her back. the leather armor was tight to keep her against her normally C+ cup breasts not in the way of her bow, her short messy hair the same color as her fur on her tail and ears. her eyes were a mixture of green bleeding into blue that was closer to her cat like pupils. her skin was a pale color though her armor didn't show much of it. "Teams two, three, and four have taken care of their scouting party's" the women said to the figure on the rock. as she was talking she moved over to the dead man and without a second thought carefully pulled the arrow from the dead mans neck rubbing the blood off on the mans clothes before throwing it back it her quiver.

"Any issues Ray?"

"No Ma'am" Ray responds 

"Then lets begin, fire the arrow" The figure on the rocks rose to a staggering height of seven feet covered in scale mail from neck to toe with a great helm to round out the outfit. the women pick up a poleaxe that was leaning against the rock with her before marching forward with the rest of the company that dealt with the small party from a moment before. Ray searched her quiver for a moment before pulling out a whistling arrow and shooting it into the air. signaling the beginning of the assault after that ray quickly caught up the rest of the group headed directly for their quarry. a bandit camp that had been an annoyance for the count for some time but not enough to be troubled by raise a proper force for it. The plan was to attack from four different directions encircling and making sure to let none escape with loot or their lives. after a ten minute or so walk they arrived just before the camp clearing with a few dozen tents. the camp didn't look like it had been alerted so all was going as planned. with one final loud whistle from the captain, the whistle echoed though the soon to be battlefield. the echo was soon replaced with the the stopping of feet on the ground charging at the camp. while unexpected their was still enough open clearing for most of the bandits to get armed but they were not ready for what was headed their way. 

The first into the fight was the towering captain of the Scaled Blade who carved a bloody swath through the camp defenders. the poor bastard's that got in her way found some part of their body caved in by the heavy steel poleaxe. blood splattered across her scale mail the more she cut down until there was none left to challenge her.

"Paul your and your team are on throat cutting duty" the captain yell at no one in particular only to receive "aye boss" from somewhere in the battlefield.  

"Catia" another feminine voice called aloud but this wasn't Ray it was deeper more husky. The captain turned her head to see the women who called her name. the figure that the voice belonged to was the second teams captain Shezora an Orc women in chain mail. while tall at six foot five and a bear of a women under all the armor she wore. her skin tone was odd for an orc as it was a vary pale green, her face is rigid with a number of small cuts and scraps because she doesn't wear head protection. her single tusk juts out from the bottom right of the lip while most orc's have two Shezora only has one. she is among the original founding member's of the Scaled Blade back when Catia's adoptive father was in control. " we found something in one of the tents..." Shezora sorta trails off as she spoke.

 There are few things in this world that would spook an orc, fewer still when it came to Shezora who happily face down a Chimera, a massive beast with the body and head of a lion with another head, a goats grown just above its front haunches and lastly a long winding serpent for a tail. she would happy try to fight the monster by herself if ever given half a chance so too see the veteran orc concerned was odd.  getting up from where she had decided to rest taking her poleaxe with her. following after Shezora into what must have been a storage tent where there was a dozen or so boxes of dried meats and barrels of varying drink though all of it cheap. there was also a number of old and rugged luggage chests likely pilfered from the innocents that the bandits waylaid. there was one chest however that stood out from the rest instead of the rough or well used wooden chest's. this was smaller and reinforced with multiple locking mechanisms along the seam of where the chest would open. the chest itself had also more metal bracing then any normal chest should even compared to strong box's meant to transport taxes this seemed over kill...

Catia understood why Shezora was unnerved by the chest anything this well protected was keeping everyone out just as much as keeping whatever is inside, inside. Catia got closer to the chest which had a faint crest on top of it but it wasn't the coat of arms for the local baron or count but who's ever it was its oddly faded compared to the rest of the box. Catia sighed heavily before attempting to grab one of the chests handles.

"I'll look after it so nobody pokes their nose's where they don't..." just as Catia's hand made full contact with the handle of the chest a jolt shot though her arm tensing every muscle in her body. her eyes shot wide before like a stone tower her whole body came crashing to the ground dragging the chest a long with her. Catia's consciousness fading fast in Shezora's arms trying to call for help.          

       

2