Chapter 21: Roadside Camping Pt 2
251 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun has already completely set and my men have finished setting up the camp, by setting up the camp, I mean they just placed the bedrolls down. Some of my men also volunteered to hunt some game to feed our group, they left about an hour ago so they should be coming back soon.

Cess has also finished explaining everything to our classmates and now they're just having a chat in the middle of the camp. Marvin was still unconscious and is inside an APC that serves as a holding cell. I might need to summon a medic to check on him, but I don't have that many points to spare right now. Kelvin was also in the prison APC as his punishment, he was bound by ropes so that he couldn't escape. As an additional punishment Leah suggested not to feed him for a night, to which I agreed. Man can survive a few weeks to a month without food, right?

I went to the prison APC to check on Kelvin, the rear doors of the APC were guarded by two soldiers. Upon seeing me, the guards shouldered their arms and saluted. "" SIR! ""

I responded with my own salute, "At ease, I just want to check on the prisoners."

"We'll open the door for you sir." one of the guards said before opening the door.

Once the door had been opened, I saw Kelvin bound in ropes on one side and an unconscious Marvin on the other. Kelvin's expression became jolly as he saw me, "IAN GIMME FOOOOD I NEED FOOOOOD."

"Sorry mate, no food for you tonight." I said to him.

"FOR BROS?" he said with the best puppy eyes he could make.

"Plead all you want bro, but seriously no food for you." I replied coldly.

"I'M SORRYYY PLEASE GIMME FOOOOD." He begged again, but I've had enough of that so I decided to leave. "IAAAAAN."

Next up is a meeting with my squad leaders, and as usual, our meeting place is beside the tank. "What supplies do your squads need right now?"

As usual, Leah was the first to answer, "Sir, my squad only has a total of 13 rifle clips, 2 50 round belts for the MG42, and 4 SMG magazines."

Shit, I need to resupply them ASAP, but they need so much and that's just the first squad.

Janice, the squad leader of the 2nd squad was up next, "Sir, my squad is still combat effective because we've only used a quarter of our total ammo. No need to resupply at the moment."

Oh thank God, that's one squad less to resupply. Up next is the third squad.

"Sir, the third squad has used up most of our rifle rounds, my riflemen only has a clip each left, my smg has 2 mags, and the mg has only 1 belt left."

They're my top priority then. Lastly, the Panzer 4 then.

"Sir, we've used up a quarter or so of our fuel, and we've also used 2 belts of ammo and 1 Sprgr. 34 round."

"Did the tank come with full ammo?" I asked because if it came with a full ammo racks then that means it has around 80 shells.

“Yes sir, it came with 4 types of shells; PzGr 39, Hl.Gr 38B, PzGr 40, and Sprgr. 34 which are APCBC, HEAT, APCR, and HE respectively. The ammo racks were filled with 20 rounds of each type of shell.” Henry answered.

I don’t think we’ll be encountering enemy armor in this world, “Hmm, I don’t think we’ll need APCRs and HEAT shells here. I think the HE shells are enough, but let’s also keep the APCBC shells just in case.”

Hey can I return summoned items?

“Answer: Yes… “

That’s good to know, I went inside the tank and deposited the unneeded shells to my item box. I had Henry help me to identify which shells were the APCR and HEAT. After gathering all the unneeded shells I returned them to my skill and got some points out of them.

Hey, how much do I need to buy all the needed supplies of my small force?

“Answer: A 5 round 7.92x57mm clip costs 5 points… A box of 64 9x19mm costs 32 points… A 50 round 7.92x57mm belt costs 50 points… A 250 round 7.92x57mm belt costs 250 points… A Sprgr. 34 shell costs 50 points each… Your force needs a total of 111 rifle clips… 14 smg mags or 7 boxes of ammo… 4 50 round MG belts… 2 250 round MG belts… 1 Sprgr. 34 shell… Total cost is 1529… Deducting cost to total balance… Remaining points balance is 113.5… Purchased items will appear in a summoning circle… “

Good thing I sold those extra shells, if I didn’t then I wouldn't have been able to purchase everything.

A summoning circle appeared in front of me, but unlike when summoning my soldiers and the vehicles, this time it didn’t shine so bright. It just appeared there then flashed once before disappearing and a huge crate appeared where the summoning circle was. I went closer to inspect the crate. We'll need a crowbar to open this up.

Leah also came to inspect the crate, “Sir, are these the supplies?”

“Yeah, we’ll need a crowbar to open it up. Do we have one?” I replied with a question.

“Yes sir, all of the Sdkfz 251/1 have basic tools and equipment.” she answered.

“Well that’s convenient.” I walked around the crate inspecting it some more, “Get some men over here and have them open this.”

“Yes sir, leave it to us.” Leah left after giving a salute.

Leah came back moments later together with soldiers who weren't doing anything. The four soldiers each stood at every corner of the crate. They then proceeded to open up the crate. After the lid was completely removed, I peeked inside and saw bullets, a bunch of bullets. Everything was arranged neatly as if a person with OCD was the one who arranged it.

“Yosh, supplies.” one of the men said.

“Leah, this is enough to resupply each squad with the standard amount of ammunition.” I said to Leah, “Call the other squad leaders so they can help you with the distribution.”

“Yes sir.”

That takes care of the supplies, my problem now is that I’m broke. What if the hunting party couldn’t hunt any game, what would I feed my men with?

As if solving my problems, the hunting party returned and it seems like they were successful. Two men carried a deer while the remaining four members of the hunting party carried 3 to 4 rabbits each. We’ll be having a feast today, those should be enough to feed our whole group.

My men created a simple fire pit where we’ll cook the meat. They first prepared the deer and rabbits by gutting them. There isn’t much blood coming out of them, maybe they already had them bleed out a while ago? After gutting the animals they skinned them and removed the inedible parts, while the offal was separated.

The meat was prepared quickly, and  in just a few minutes the deer was already being cooked whole in a spit above the firepit. The rabbits were also skewered whole and placed around the firepit to cook. I think I’ll buy some salt for additional flavor. I would’ve loved it if I could make some barbecue sauce for it, but sadly I don’t have the time to make some.

I bought a hundred grams each of salt and pepper and gave  it to the soldier in charge of cooking the meat. After giving the basic seasoning to the cook, I went to my classmates only to find them peeking out of the APC while staring at the cooking meat. “Don’t worry, you’ll be eating that too later.” I said.

“IS THAT A FREAKIN DEER?” Richard asked, “HOLY CRAP, WHAT DOES DEER EVEN TASTE LIKE!?”

“I have no idea either, since deers aren't actually available back home.” I replied.

“Yeah, you’re righ-”

Richard was cut off by Mary Claire, “I am not eating those rabbits and deer, and you even slaughtered them in front of me?”

Crap, she’s vegan. “Yeah, uh, no gra- vegetables on the menu right now.”

“Wait, did you actually say grass, urgh, excuse me!?” she said angrily.

“Okay, okay, I’ll get you a salad or something.” I said, not wanting to argue anymore. Hey can I get some vegan salad?

“Answer: Yes… A vegetable salad costs 50 points… “

What the heck? 50 points for some grass!? Urgh fine, I already said I would get her something.

“1 bowl of vegetable salad purchased… Total cost is 50 points… Deducting cost to total points balance… Remaining points balance is 1061.5 points… The purchased item can be found in the Item box… “

I retrieved the bowl of salad from my item Box. It is in a metal lunch box and comes with a fork, neat. They were initially shocked to see something suddenly appearing out of thin air, but then someone muttered, “So that’s how his skill works.”

Wait, did Cess tell them everything?

I gave the lunch box to Mary Claire and she replied with a thank you. I was about to chat with my classmates when Leah came running, “SIR! We have a situation in the northern perimeter.”

“What situation?” I asked.

“It’s better if you come and take a look at it personally sir.” Leah said, her voice filled with urgency.

“I’ll catch up with you guys later.” I said to my classmates, “Leah, lead the way.”

“Yes sir.”

+ + + + +

“And off he goes.” Richard said, “Can’t wait to taste the deer later.”

“Yeah me too.” Jose added.

“I’ll start eating now.” Mary Claire said as she opened the lunch box Ian gave.

As the others continued talking about food, Cess, Rika, and Carlo talked among themselves.

“Do you think we’re stuck in this world for the rest of our lives?” Cess asked.

“If this was some manga or anime, we’ll need to defeat the demon lord first before we can return back home.” Carlo answered, “This isn’t an anime or manga though, so I’m not really sure about it, but if there is a way home, then I want to find it no matter what.”

“I agree with you, our families might be worried about us now.” Rika added, “I mean, we’ve been here for a few days now, right? Then our parents would surely be looking for us now.”

“Yeah, for sure.” Carlo said in agreement with Rika, “I bet even the media will be looking for us.”

“The media? Why?” Cess asked.

“Coz imagine this, 13 students suddenly vanished into thin air, that would be an interesting story to cover?” Carlo explained.

“Hmmm, maybe it is.” Rika replied. “Okay, that’s enough of this talk for today, it’s making me hungry.”

“Same here.” Carlo said.

“Should we leave some for Kelvin tomorrow?” Cess suggested.

Rika and Carlo looked at Cess, “Haha, you never change even if we’re in a different world, you are still you.” Rika said.

“Yeah, always softhearted, people will take advantage of you, you know?” Carlo added.

Cess puffed up her cheeks, “Hmmp, you guys are making fun of me again.”

“” No we’re not. “” Rika and Carlo said.

“Anyways, let's go out and check the meat, I’m starving.” Rika said.

Just as they were about to stand up, a series of gunshots ruined the once silent and peaceful night. All of them inside the vehicle dropped low and covered their heads with their arms.

Carlo peeked outside and saw the tank moving to where the gunshots were coming from, a few moments later a thundering explosion was heard, Carlo and everyone else cowered down as they heard the deafening explosion.

+ + + + +

Johan, Maria, Tristan, and the rest of their group were still too frightened to move out of their place. Maria was the first to come back to her senses when she heard the court sorcerer yell “CHARGE”.

“Tristan, hey Tristan, we gotta get out of here or we’re dead.” she said as she shook Tristan.

Tristan finally came back to his senses, “Huh, what?”

“We need to move, NOW!” Maria said.

Johan also regained his composure, “WE NEED TO GO NOW.”

“How about the wagon?” Maria asked.

“I can get another wagon, but my life? I only have one.” Johan answered.

“Fuck, we can’t leave Ogag in there.” Tristan said.

Their group was about to return to the wagon when they suddenly heard a deafening roar, and moments later the wagon together with Ogag exploded.

“Dammit, let’s just run, NOW!”

And so their whole group ran through the forest while making sure they could still see the road so they wouldn't get lost.

+ + + + +

Why now!? Antonius asked himself.

“Dammit, we can’t go back to Nareña, so the only way we can escape is forward. KNIGHTS CHARGE!!! FOR THE KING’S GLORY!!!” Antonius yelled as he led the charge.

““ YAAAAAAAH ”” the knights let out a war cry before charging, without knowing that for some of them, this’ll be their last cry.

14