Chapter 5: In the Riverbank
469 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hypnosis has been dispelled… Mind Magic Resistance Gained.”

That was the first thing I heard when I woke up, my body felt sluggish and my head hurt like hell. ‘What's that voice? What the hell happened anyways.’

I clutched my head as I tried to remember what happened to me. It was then that I noticed someone else standing near me.

“Wh-who are you? Where am I?” I asked the person standing near me.

“Uh-ummm.. You’re… “ she replied with a shaky voice as if she saw something scary.

'Rude, it's not like I'm a pervert or something. I'm amiable, you know?'

The girl backed off a bit and fell on her bottom, all the while looking at me. Do I have something on my face or something?

"Uhmm, excuse me but can I ask a question?" I asked once more.

"Y-yes." she replied.

"Okay, so where am I?" I asked as I offered her my hand.

She was about to grab my hand but she shook her head and stood up on her own, "I don't know Sir Hero."

'Huh? Sir Hero?', it was at this time that I remembered what happened. My head throbbed as I began to remember everything.

Before we could've enjoyed our summer vacation a glowing circle appeared on the classroom's floor, and after that we found ourselves in a castle as summoned 'heroes'. We were also invited to a banquet and after that the old man spoke something about hypnosis. I tried to remember what happened next, but for some reason the next memory that I can remember is waking up in this place.

'CRAP WHAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS?'

"Hey, how long has it been since the banquet?" I asked the girl as I shook her shoulders. I don't care if she gets scared of me, I just need some answers.

"I-it was j-ust last night." she replied.

'Great I can still save them.'

"Where's the way to the castle!?" I asked.

"I-I don't know." she answered.

After hearing her reply I released her shoulder and let my hands fall to my sides. "Y-you do-n't know? How could you not know!? I can still save my friends." The girl began to tremble as she listened to my words.

'NEGATIVE… CURRENT POWER IS NOT ENOUGH… '

'HUH?' There's that voice again.

"What do you mean current power is not enough?" I asked.

"S-sir hero? Wh-hat do you mean?" the girl asked with a trembling voice.

Crap, is there a way I can talk with the voice in my head? Oh wait, nevermind it's in my head so I guess I'll just speak with it inside my head.

'Hey, what do you mean not enough power?'

'User level and power is very low… Advice: Gain experience and level up… '

'Fuck me, what was my status again? What was that word to open it?'

'Answer: Status Open… '

'Right, Status Open'

[STATUS:

         Name: Ian Gabriel Fernandez

         Age: 19

         MP: 15/15

         STR: 15

         AGI: 15

         INT; 15

SKILLS:

         – None –

RESISTANCE:

         Mind Magic : Lvl 3

]

'Crap, I guess this is low? I should've played some fantasy rpg if I knew this would happen.'

“S-sir hero?” the girl asked quizzically, well to her I was just probably standing still doing nothing.

“Ah, please don’t call me that, my name’s Ian Gabriel, but you can just call me Ianl.” I said to her. Actually, I think I’ll go with Gabriel or Gab, “On second thought, just call me Gabriel or Gab, whatever you like.”

“I w-would never call a hero by their name.” she replied back.

“Drop that hero stuff, I never even wanted to be one.” I said to her, “So feel free to call me Gab or Gabriel, okay?”

“If that is what you want, Sir H-, Gabriel.” she replied.

“That’s better, so where are we right now? You said a while ago you don’t know.” I asked.

“Y-yes, we fell in the river close to the capital last night, and now I don’t know where we a-re.” she said as tears began forming in her eyes.

“Last night? What happened last night?” I questioned her.

She recounted last night’s events to me; She was serving as a servant in the banquet last night, but when our group was hypnotized she ran away at the first opportunity she had. After which she met up with a colleague in the city but they were attacked so she ran again once more. It was at that time that I started to chase her, she said.

“Wh-what? I chased you?” I quickly got on my knees, “I-I’m sorry, I’m very sorry, I apologize for letting you experience something traumatic.”

“P-please get up Sir Gabriel.” she said as she grabbed my arms and forced me to get up, “I know that the court sorcerer was just using you, I saw him cast a spell on you and your friends remember?”

“Yeah, I know, but as an upstanding citizen I feel so bad scaring a girl like you.” I said as I bowed my head. “Now what?”

“I don’t know.” she replied, “I don’t know where we are. I- I-... *Sniffle* I- …”

‘Crap, she’s breaking down now.’ I moved to her side and started to pat her back, she tensed up at first but eventually she let me continue.

“There there, everything will be alright.” I said to try and comfort her.

"*Sniffle* O-kay" she replied through her sniffling.

'I wish I had the power to save my friends, if only I had an army just like those RTS games we played.'

'Request: Have an army… RTS game parameter registered… army creation skill added… item summoning skill added… building creation skill added… combining skills… Summoning Magic [Otherworld] created… energy storage drained… shutting down now… recharging now… 0.18%... '

'WAIT WAIT WAIT, TOO MUCH INFO. DAMN IT, IT REALLY DID SHUTDOWN. Fuck it, status open'

[STATUS:

         Name: Ian Gabriel Fernandez

         Age: 19

         Summoning Points: 100

         MP: 15/15

         STR: 15

         AGI: 15

         INT; 15

SKILLS:

         Summoning Magic [Otherworld] : Lvl 1

    • Summon Item
    • Summon Soldier
    • Create Building

RESISTANCE:

         Mind Magic : Lvl 3

]

'What the Hell? The voice just gave me a bunch of skills. Only the Summon Item seems to be available though. Who am I to look at the gift horse's mouth anyway. Thanks for the cheat unknown voice.'

"Sir Gabriel? Y-you're spacing out again." The girl's voice brought.me back from my deep thoughts.

"Don't mind it, anyways, what's your name? And how old are you?" I asked her.

"My name is Elytia and I'm 17 years old." she answered.

"Whoa, you're 17? Thought you're 19 or 20." I replied with a bit of shock, well she does look like a westerner and I guess they just mature a lot quicker compared to us from the east?

"Huh? How old are you Sir Gabriel?" she asked back.

"I'm 19, I just turned 19 last month." I replied.

"Wha-? I thought you and your friends were around my age or a year younger." she replied, this time she was the one slightly surprised.

'See western people think we're younger than our age. But if I look at Cess, then I guess it's true? She's around 150cm and her face makes her look like 14 or 15.'

"Yeah, all of us are 19, oh wait, 2 of us just turned 20." I said, "Anyways, enough of the introduction, so you're Elytia, right?"

"Yes." she answered.

"Then I'll call you Tia, if that's okay with you." I said, calling someone with a nickname makes it easier to get close with them right?

"T-that's fine with me Sir Gabriel." she replied.

"Okay, now for our course of action." I began, "We must first find some settlement, but before that we must make sure we come out of this place safely. Is that good?"

"Y-yes" she answered.

"Time to use some cheats," I muttered.

+ + + Elytia + + +

"Time to use some cheats" I heard Sir Gabriel muttering to himself.

When I woke up I thought that I'll have to fight a summoned hero, if that was the case then I will just have to accept my fate.

As he woke up I was already prepared to be attacked, but the attack didn't come. Instead, I was asked question after a question. I tried my best to answer him, but sadly I don't have all the answers he wants.

He also mentioned that he'll go and save his friends, but I doubt that Sir Gabriel alone won't be able to save them. I heard from the duke that the king keeps all the previously summoned heroes and turns them into his puppets.

I must get Sir Gabriel to the duke, maybe they can help each other to end the king's reign. And maybe after all that, children won't lose their parents anymore and end up in the streets to fend themselves.

I'll just follow Sir Gabriel until he meets the duke, until that time I'll try to make myself useful to Sir Gabriel. He even gave me a nickname, Tia, and I like it.

God of gods, Bathaal, and the god of luck, Etrews, may you grant your blessings on this journey we are about to take.

 

20