Chapter 12: One Friend Saved and The Adventurers’ Guild
266 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

+ + + + +

“I’ll give you 25 kilos of black gold if you let me have her.” Ian said as he pointed at Cess.

The old man and the baron were stunned at his proposal. The first one to recover from their shock is Antonius. His eyes became bloodshot and he shouted at Ian, “YOU!? DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH!?”

“You said, ‘Name your price.’, I said my price for 25 kg.” Ian said nonchalantly.

His calmness made Antonius even more angered, but Antonius couldn’t find anything to refute Ian’s words.

The baron grabbed Antonius by the shoulder and pulled him closer, "That's 25 kilos of black gold, don't tell me a weak girl like that is worth more than the black gold?"

"That weak girl will become even stronger than a dozen knights with one day of training at the dungeon." Antonius whispered.

"If she gets trained, now she's just a weak girl, am I right?" Adelfonse replied in a whisper.

Antonius once again couldn't find anything to refute the baron's claims. He just stood there in silence.

"Besides, what can that merchant do? Train that little girl? I bet he'll just use her until he gets tired of her and dispose of her." Adelfonse added, "You can just say to the king that your little otherworlder died, right? Good thing there’s no other people here."

“Hmmm, tempting offer, but I will have to de-”

Ian cutoff Antonius, “I’ll throw in another 25 kg of salt.”

“Whu-” Antonius was dumbfounded by the additional offer.

Who the hell is this merchant? He thought to himself.

“DEAL, IT’S A DEAL.” the baron answered enthusiastically.

“ADELFONSE ARE YOU AN IDIOT?” Antonius shouted.

“JUST THINK FOR A SECOND OLD MAN, THAT’S A SACK OF BLACK GOLD AND A SACK OF ANGEL WHITE SALT, THAT IS FUCKING MORE THAN ENOUGH TO BUY OFF SOME wEAK GIRL.” Adelfonse shouted back.

“Grrr '' Antonius let out a low growl since he couldn’t refute the baron’s words again, “Dammit, you win this time Adelfonse. Merchant, when can you prepare the goods?”

+ + + Ian + + +

Fuck, why the hell did I make those offers anyways, I need damn 500 points to get 25 kilos each.

“I can get it within three days, I’ll need to go get the goods out of town first.” I replied, No way in hell can I get 500 points in 3 days.

“Fine, get it to us within three days and you can have the girl.” the old man replied.

Dammit, I was planning on getting Cess today. “Can I not get the girl today?” I asked.

“Eager to get her eh?" the baron said teasingly.

"No, we don't know if you'll run away the second you get her." the old man doubted.

"A merchant's reputation is built on trust." I replied, "And… "

""And?"" Antonius and the baron asked.

What can I get for 30 points that still look expensive?

"Answer: A japanese short sword costs 32.5 points… It is better than swords made in this continent… Purchase a tanto for 32.5 points… YES / NO… "

I think I still have 33 points, so go for it.

"Tanto purchased for 32.5 points… The remaining balance is 0.5 points… Advice: Obtain more points… "

Great just 0.5 points left, well atleast I can buy 5 10g packets of salt or pepper. I'll need to earn 500 points within three days.

I reached into my blazer again and I made it look like I was retrieving it from my hips.

"You can hold on to my short sword for now, I'll get it when I deliver the goods. How about that?" I asked as I handed the tanto to the baron.

The baron unsheathed the tanto and he let out a gasp, “Wh-what is this?” 

“That’s my personal sword.” I answered.

The old man also looked at the blade and was also surprised. He turned to me, “Go on then, take the girl now, just make sure you deliver the other goods in 3 days.”

“You have my word." I said to them and went towards Cess.

The old man muttered something but I couldn't hear what it was. As soon as I got near her, the old man's muttering also stopped.

"Who are you! DON'T COME NEAR MEE!" Cess shrieked, "GUYS! GUYS? WH-WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS."

"You're too loud." the baron said and turned to the old man, "Hey old man, make her sleep or something."

The old man muttered something again, afterwards Cess collapsed. I was close enough  and caught her in my arms. Dammit she could’ve hit her head if I didn’t catch her.

“I’ll be taking her then.” I said, “I will take my leave now, milord.”

I was led outside the manor where a carriage was waiting, the baron said he’ll lend me a carriage.

Now how will I earn 500 points in three days, this town has a dungeon right? Guess I’ll go there.

The carriage departed the baron's manor, it'll just take a few minutes by my estimation. I'll have Tia watch over Cess while I go to the dungeon tonight.

+ + + Tia + + +

Sir Gabriel stayed behind the baron’s manor since he still had to negotiate with the baron he says. Although the duke didn't say anything about this town's ruler, I still don't like Sir Gabriel associating with the nobles here in the crown lands. I just hope Sir Gabriel knows what he's doing.

Mr. Johan dropped me in front of the inn and said he'll go to the Merchants' Guild together with the branch master to sell the black gold.

I don't know where Sir Gabriel keeps on getting luxurious ingredients, he just reaches into his coat or pocket and he will suddenly get something luxurious.

At first I thought it was just some leftovers from his world because it was just a small packet at first, but then he just suddenly got 100 gramos of fine salt and the black gold out of nowhere.

He even gave me a ring that changed my appearance, oh wait, it was actually his skill that changed my appearance.

He only showed me that skill, but I think he's still hiding some of his skills. Sir Gabriel will be a very important ally for the duke. I must let Sir Gabriel meet the duke as soon as possible.

The evening bell rang outside, I think I'll have some dinner first, Sir Gabriel is going to a banquet so there's no need to wait for him.

I went downstairs and got myself some food, but not long after I sat down at a table. Sir Gabriel entered the inn and went upstairs.

Isn't that a bit fast? Was the banquet already over? Did he even eat?

With those thoughts in my mind, I quickly finished my food and went up.

+ + + Ian + + +

I went inside our room only to find it empty. I set down Cess on one of the beds and I sat beside her.

Where is Tia? Did Johan take her out to eat again?

I was about to stand up and go to the receptionist when the door opened.

"Good Evening Sir Gabriel, why are you already here? Is the banquet over?" Tia asked, "More importantly, why is there another girl here?"

Oh crap, I did go there for a banquet.

"Uhm, no the banquet didn't even start." I replied as she went closer to Cess.

"Sir Gabriel, isn't she one of your friends? How did you manage to sneak her out?" Tia asked.

"I didn't sneak her out, they gave her to me. Well not really given, more like sold." I answered.

"Huh? they sold her to you? Will they even sell a hero?" Tia asked a question one after the other.

“For the right price, anything can be bought.” I answered.

“Wh-what did you offer that they agreed to sell a hero?” she asked.

I looked away from her, “Sir Gabriel? What did you offer?” she asked again.

She was smiling but her eyes were damn scary, “25 kilos of salt and pepper.” I whispered softly.

“YOU WHAT!?” she shouted.

“I… nothing…” My voice became softer and softer.

“Where will we even get that much salt and pepper!?” she asked.

“About that, I need to go get some tonight, can you watch over her?” I said as I pointed at Cess, “The old man muttered something and she just fell unconscious.”

“Old man? You mean the court sorcerer? He might have casted a sleeping spell. Then she should be asleep until noon the next day.” she replied.

“nooN THE NEXT DAY!?” I said in surprise, “can you take care of her for me then?”

“Yes, I will, Sir Gabriel.” she answered.

“I’ll leave it to you then.” I said before I left the inn.

Time to go to the dungeon and get me some points. Will I be able to gather 500 points within one night?

I put on my holsters and equipped my guns, my 1911 has a full clip while my Luger has half a clip. I should’ve bought more magazines rather than some salt and pepper packets, dammit.

I asked around where the dungeon was and they pointed me to a building near the Merchants’ Guild. I entered inside and found that it was similar to the Merchants’ Guild, counters can be found in the center, a bunch of booths on one corner of the building, and a bar on the other. Unlike the Merchants’ Guild though, the people in here are all carrying all sorts of weapons; swords, bows, axes, spears, you name it, they have it. The people are also wearing armor of various kinds; from leather to plate armor.

I walked to the counter with the least amount of people, “How can I go to the dungeon?” I asked the buff old man manning the counter.

“Are you an adventurer?” he asked me.

“Wait, I need to be one?” I asked back.

“Yes you need to be one you dumb fuck.” he retorted angrily.

Woah what the fuck? I just want to go to the damn dungeon, why is this old man dissing me?

“Then I want to register as one.” I said in a calm voice, but deep inside I'm dissing this damn beefy old man.

“That’ll be 1000 pisas. You dumb fucker.” he said.

Seriously, what the fuck?

I gave the old man 1000 Pisas, the silver coin that is shaped like a rectangle.

“What’s your damn name!?”

“It’s Gabriel.” I replied.

The old man wrote something on a card, and after writing it he gave it to me. “There you’re a damn adventurer now you dumb fuck.”

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with this grumpy geezer.

I took my card and left the counter to look for a better counter. I found another one with a few people on the line, this time the receptionist is a gentle looking girl.

“Good evening sir, what can I do for you today?” she asked.

Holy fuck, a complete 360 from the grumpy old man

It was a complete 360 that I even froze for a moment, “Oh yeah, I want to go to the dungeon, can you please tell me where it is?”

“Of course sir, the dungeon is right outside the town, just go through the western gate.” she answered.

“Thank you very much.” I thanked the receptionist and went outside.

Outside in the central plaza, I checked my bearings and went west. It took me half an hour to get to the western gate, damn it’s dark already, I think it’s already around 19:00 or something.

I went to the gates where the guard stopped me, “Where are you going young man?”

“To the dungeons.” I replied and showed the card I just got from the building. Come to think of it, I don’t know what building that was.

“Oh you’re an adventurer huh? Go on then.” the guard said as he opened a side door.

I went outside and just like what the receptionist lady said, it was just right outside the town. It was also surrounded by a low stone wall, around 2 meters. The dungeon was just like a cave, but they have installed some iron gates and some guards posted outside.

“Show me your guild card.” the guard said.

I showed my card and they let me in.

Time to grind for some points.

13