Chapter 13: Into the Dungeon
275 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I entered the dungeon, but once inside I didn't know what to do. If only Carlo was here he would know what to do, he is the 'fantasy guy' in our group. I should've got him instead, oh well it's not like I can accomplish anything with complaining.

Even though it looked like a cave outside, inside it actually looks like the inside of a stone building. Lamps line the walls that give the whole place a little lighting. The flickering of the flames makes it feel eerie.

I wish I could see in the dark.

"Request: See in the dark… Night Vision skill not added… Reason: Skill will be redundant with NVD from summoning skill… "

Oh yeah, I can just summon a NVD right?

"Answer: Negative… Tier 1 of summoning does not have good NVDs… "

What can I summon with tier 1 anyways?

"Answer: Tier 1 can summon WW2 weapons and equipment… Tier 2 can summon Korean War era equipment… Tier 3 can summon Vietnam War era equipment… Tier 4 can summon 1990 - 2010 equipment… Tier 5 can summon 2010 and beyond equipment… "

Hmmm, I can get good NVDs at Tier 4. How do I reach Tier 4?

"Answer: Level up skill… to level up skill you need to accumulate exp… "

In other words, Kill stuff. Right?

"Answer: correct… "

Well I hope I can kill stuff here in the dungeon. I took out my 1911 from it's holster and held it in my hand ready to shoot. My Luger will just chill on its holster for now since I don't have extra ammo for it.

I wish I knew where the enemies were. 

"Request: Know where enemies are… Scan location skill added… Matching with technology in Tier 1… Renaming skill… Radar Skill added… "

Now we're talking. Now I’m ready to go, activating radar skill now.

The radar skill works by sending pings to me where something might be? I can’t explain it properly but it allows me to know the position of living creatures, I think. The only downside of it is that I can’t tell if they’re friendly or not and that I can’t accurately tell the position at all times, because just like radars during WW2 my skill needed to constantly revolve 360 degrees around me to scan.

I started walking until my skill picked up a group of 3 bogeys in a corner just ahead of me. I slowly and stealthily made my way to where the 3 bogeys were. I needed to constantly stop just to let my radar complete it's 360 degree rotation and check on the bogeys if they made any movements.

Luckily for me, they just stayed in their spot. I turned to the corner and was greeted by a horrific sight, three creatures were devouring the mutilated remains of two girls. The state of the remains are close to being FUBAR, I can feel my stomach churning from the sight I was witnessing.

Not wanting to see the remains being devoured anymore, I aimed at the nearest creature and fired twice. The other two creatures were stunned by the sudden loud bang, I took advantage of their stunned state and fired two shots at each creature.

All the creatures died immediately and were currently lying in a pool of their own blood.

Can I store anything in my Item box?

"Answer: Anything not breathing… "

I do not want to leave the girls' remains so I stored them in my Iem Box. I'll bury or cremate them when I get the chance.

What were those things anyways?

“Answer: Those creatures are Goblins… Small carnivorous creatures… Can grow up to 3 feet tall… “

Goblins?

I took out my remaining box of ammo and loaded my magazine, I should really buy another one.

How much is a magazine for the 1911?

“Answer: The magazine costs 5 points… it comes with 7 bullets… purchase .45 acp box magazine… YES / NO… ”

How many points do I have anyways?

“Answer: Each goblin gives 2.5 points… Total Points is 8 points… Purchase a magazine… YES / NO… ”

Yes! I really need another one.

“1 .45 ACP box magazine purchased… The remaining balance is 3 points… “

I started walking again after refilling my magazine and buying a new one. I found a stairwell with a staircase going down not long after. As soon as I descended, my skill detected another group. I readied my pistol again, ready to shoot at moments notice.

Another group of goblins were there, luckily there were only 2 of them this time. I fired two shots on each goblin again. Both drop dead on the stone floor with a puddle of their own blood slowly gathering.

I continued walking down the hall again after loading some more bullets in the magazine, I wandered aimlessly until my radar picked up a bunch of groups ahead of me, the first group was rapidly approaching me. Within a few seconds the first group has already appeared within visual range. The group was composed of 3 men; all of them were wearing leather armor and were armed with spears and swords.

“MOVE OuT OF THE FUCKING WAY IF YOU DON’T WANT TO DIE!” the man at the lead yelled out while he wildly swung his spear.

Knowing that the first group were humans, although quite rude, I pointed my gun down and moved to the side. The next group came within visual range right after the first one passed me. This group was composed of 4 men; all of them still wore leather armor but they were armed differently: sword, spear, axe, and a staff.

“Kid escape now, there’s an ogre coming.” the one at the lead warned.

So the slow moving one behind the last group is an ogre, I played one fantasy RTS back in the days, and if I remember it correctly an ogre is a humanoid creature that devours humans.

I spotted the last group a few seconds after the previous group ran away. This group consists of 3 girls, one of them is limping. The two girls are helping the limping girl run away.

“Move away kid, there’s an ogre coming.” the one at the lead said.

The limping girl stopped and turned to the direction of the ogre, “Martha, leave me behind, I can still at least buy you some time.” the limping girl said.

“Nobody will be left behind, Maria and I will stay with you if you want to be left behind.” Martha? replied.

“It’s here already, Martha, prepare for combat.” the leader said, “Wait, Kid you didn’t run!? Did your legs stop working because of fear?”

“U-hmm no, not really, I'll go join you guys." I replied.

"Tsk, you don't even have any weapons." she retorted as she readied her sword.

The ogre finally showed itself, it was between 2m to 2.5m tall and it has bulging muscles. It carries a stone axe with its two hands, that axe must be taller than me. It also looks like it's walking slowly on purpose, trying to frighten its prey.

I aimed my .45 on the ogre's head, but it was still around 50 yds away so I didn't fire yet. I'll fire around 15 to 20 yds, because that's the range where I'm still confident of my aim.

"Hey kid, if you still want to run away, now's your chance." the leader said.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Huh? My name? Are you seriously going to fight with us?” she asked, I nodded, "If that's what you want, "My name is Maria, leader of the Krylya de Amor, the lady with the spear is Martha and the one with the bad leg is Marga.”

“Hey there.” Martha waved before facing the ogre again.

“You can still go if you want, kid.” Marga said as she steadied herself using her staff.

“Nah, I want to know if I can kill that thing.” I pointed at the ogre, And I really needed points.

As we were conversing the ogre has already moved and is already within 30 yds, Just a few more steps.

The ogre walked a few more steps before it stopped and looked at us menacingly. 

"GRAAAAAAAA!!!"

It let out a loud roar which made Marga fall to her knees. Martha and Maria also trembled but steadied themselves nonetheless.

"GRAGHAGHAGHA"

The ogre laughed as he stepped one more time, not knowing that that would be its last. I steadied my breathing and aimed at the ogre’s head.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

Seven consecutive gunshots echoed in the hall, a bullet missed its mark and ricocheted off the ceiling. Luckily it didn’t hit anyone. The ogre slowly fell to its knees and finally fell to the floor.

Well that was anticlimactic, I thought it’ll be an epic battle or something. I thought that my .45 couldn’t penetrate the ogre’s skin, but luckily it did penetrate.

“W-what!?” Maria said in surprise, the other two’s reaction was similar.

“Is it always this easy?” I asked.

“N-NOO! An ogre’s skin is as thick as a knight’s plate armor, swords and other bladed weapons will easily bounce off its skin. One way to defeat it is to hit the head, but usually it will cover its head when it senses an attack to its head.” Maria explained.

That explains it, well even if i shot it in its body I could still pierce it, but the bullet will probably be stopped by the ogre’s thick muscles.

“I was prepared to die…” Marga muttered as her dead eyes looked at the floor.

Martha also fell to her knees, “One kid killed it? I must be dreaming.”

How many points did that ogre give me?

“Answer: 120 points were earned from the ogre… Total points is 123… “

HOLY COW, I’LL JUST GO HUNT SOME MORE OGRES.

“Hey Maria, where can I find some more ogres!?” I asked Maria excitedly.

“DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH OR SOMETHING?” she yelled.

“No, I just need to kill some more ogres.” I replied nonchalantly.

“UURGH, you know what, just head straight until you reach the stairs and go down, that’s the ogre lair.” Maria said giving up.

“Aight, thanks, bye now then.” I waved them goodbye before continuing the exploration.

+ + + + +

Two groups of adventurers got out of the dungeon one after the other, the first group that got out was the adventuring party named Ogags Troupe. The second group to exit the dungeon is the adventuring party called, Sword’s Edge.

“Fuck we got out in one piece… haah… hahh… “ the leader of Ogags Troupe, Ogag, said while panting.

“Wh...ere is Mar...ia and her party?” the leader of the Sword’s Edge, Tristan, asked.

“Who the fuck cares!?” Ogag said.

“Dammit, this whole shit is your fault, you fucker!.” Tristan yelled, “Safe hunting ground my fuckin ass.”

A few minutes have passed before Maria and her party got out of the dungeon.

“I was prepared to die… It was a sacrifice I was willing to make… “ Marga muttered with a deadpan expression.

“M-Maria? You’re alive, thank the gods.” Tristan said with a face filled with relief, “How did you escape the ogre?”

“Someone saved us.” she replied.

“Someone did? Wait, was it the kid?” Tristan asked, “D-did you use him as bait?”

“What the fuck!? No we didn’t.” she replied angrily, “He defeated the ogre alone.”

“He did what?” Tristan asked doubtingly.

“Don’t fuck with me, a scrawny kid killed a damn ogre alone? HAHAH fuckin bitch be lyin.” Ogag yelled furiously.

“You’re the fuckin liar here you fucker.” Tristan said as he swung his fist at Ogag’s face.

Tristan’s fist connected with Ogag’s face, Ogag fell unconscious. His two party members was ready to fight, but they were outnumbered by the two parties. In the end they backed off and carried Ogag away.

Tristan turned to Maria once Ogag’s Troupe left, “Where’s the kid now?” he asked.

“Fuckin kid went deeper into the dungeon, he said he;ll hunt some more ogres.” she answered.

“What the fuck? Does that kid have a death wish?” Tristan said in disbelief.

“That’s what I told him, but he insisted on going.” Maria replied.

“Damn kid got the god of luck’s blessing.” Tristan said, “Let’s head back to town too, Marga’s leg was injured, right?”

“Yeah, though she might need more than a healer.” Maria replied as she pointed at the still muttering Marga.

The two parties of adventurers went back to the town to rest and recuperate from the unexpected encounter they had.

Dammit, the kid didn’t tell us his name. Maria thought to herself as she remembered the boy who saved them from a certain demise.

13