Chapter 17: Guns Blazing
235 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A ball of light illuminated the hall, in the other group I saw my friends, a group of knights, the old man, and the baron.

“I knew it, it was you, merchant boy.” the baron said with an evil grin plastered on his face, “Attack them now!”

“Oh crap.” I said as I instinctively pulled out my Luger.

Leah who was following behind me also whipped out her MP40, "Squad prepare to engage!"

"Leah wait, just target those knights with the matching armor." I ordered, they might accidentally shoot my friends if I didn't. Good thing the knights have matching armor.

"Yes Sir, squad only target those with matching armor, just incapacitate the others." Leah said, "Karl switch to your pistol for now. Squad, fire on my command."

"Jawohl." Karl replied as he got up from his firing position.

I ran as quickly as I can behind the squad of riflemen and gave the go signal to Leah.

"Feuer!" Leah shouted.

Moments later, a cacophony of deafening gunshots echoed in the dungeon.

After the volley, several knights fell to the ground. There's just no way they can stop a 7.92 cartridge at this range with only their plate armor.

+ + + + +

"WHAT THE FUCK!? THE ARROW WARDING ENCHANTMENTS ISN'T WORKI- GRAAH" A knight complained before he fell to the ground.

"DAMMIT, THAT MUST BE MAGIC, SWITCH TO ANTI MAGIC ENCHANTMENTS." ordered another one.

"What in the nine hells is happening?" Adelfonse cried out as he shivered in fear.

"Whatever those are, those things can easily get through my Tier 5 anti magic barrier." Antonius replied with a strained smile and some beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

+ + + + +

Half of the knights had already fallen by the time the riflemen needed to reload. "Riflemen reload, we'll cover you."

Leah and Christina moved forward and crouched down with their MP40s aimed at the enemies waiting for someone to attack, but no Knight tried to make a move. All of them just hid behind their shields.

The fat baron however was standing and yelling at the knights.

I moved behind Monika and tapped her shoulder to get her attention, "Christina, aim at that fat man. Don't kill him though."

"Yes Sir." she replied as she took aim.

She steadied her breathing before pulling the trigger. A single gunshot was heard before the fat baron fell to the ground and cried out.

I patted Monika’s shoulders, "Good shot."

"Thank you sir." she replied.

The riflemen finished reloading and aimed at the knights once again. Seeing my men taking aim, the knights threw away their weapons.

Seeing this opportunity Leah ordered the squad to move forward, "Keep your rifles on them."

As the squad moved forward, the knights instinctively took a step backwards. The baron was being carried away by a pair of knights. The old man also had to be carried by a pair of knights, He didn't even get injured, why the hell does he need to be carried? My friends and classmates are also looking very weak and tired.

I aimed at a knight and fired my Luger, "STOP IF YOU WANT TO LIVE." I shouted at them.

Everyone stopped immediately after hearing my warning. "Move! Apprehend them." Leah ordered.

My soldiers ran to where the knights were and aimed their guns. The knights dropped on all fours, "Spare us, we surrender."

The baron squealed as he tried to crawl away from us, "STAY AWAY FROM MEEEE."

"W-hat… do you… want… " the old man asked weakly.

What the hell happened to this geezer?

"I'll need all of those heroes." I answered.

"Who are you… to make that… demand… There's no… way I'll give… them away… " he asked.

"I'm not asking though, I'm taking them whether you agree to it or not." I said to him before turning to my men, "Knock them all out."

"" YES SIR ""

"NO NO NO STAY BAAACK." The fat baron yelled as he still tried to crawl away, "STAY BA- GUUH"

My current force isn't enough to carry all of my friends and classmates, do I still have enough points to summon a new squad?

"Answer: Yes… You have earned a total of 2,450 points from the battle… Total points balance is 3581.5… A standard 9 man squad costs 875 points… you can still summon 4 full squads… "

Hmm, a German platoon has 4 rifle squads, a platoon HQ, and a light mortar team. I don't think I need a lot of soldiers yet. I need 2 more rifle squads.

"Summoning 2 squads for 1750 points… Remaining balance: 1831.5 points… Summoning will be randomized again… "

A bunch of glowing circles appeared on the ground again, they steadily grew brighter and died down moments later.

The old man who was still apparently unconscious saw the whole thing, "H-HOW… CAN YOU… USE SUMMONING… ARTS… "

"Somebody, knock him out already." I said before moving towards the newly summoned squad.

One squad was all female and the other was all male. Leah also followed after me, "Who's in charge here." she said.

A girl with an MP40 stepped forward, "Ma'am, Janice Ross reporting for duty. I lead this squad, Ma'am."

The SL of the all male squad also stepped forward, "Ma'am, Mario de Leon, squad leader of this squad."

It'll get confusing if they just refer it to this squad or that squad, guess I'll be giving their squads some names.

"All squad leaders, on me." I announced. They were actually already by my side, I just wanted to say that.

"" SIR ""

"It'll get confusing if you just refer to your squads as this squad or that squad, think of a name for your respective squads, okay? You can tell me about it once we leave this place."

"" YES SIR ""

I left the three squad leaders and went to where my friends and classmates are, for some reason they are also all unconscious. My men didn't hit them did they?

I called the nearest soldier, "Karl, you didn't hit them did you?"

"No sir, they all fell unconscious as soon as we knocked out the old man." he replied.

"Oh, please gather all the men and carry them."

"Yes sir, how about the unconscious knights and the old man?" he asked.

"Just leave them be." I answered right away.

"Yes Sir." he said with a salute before calling the other men from his squad and the new squad.

10 male soldiers carried one person each, the remaining 5 male soldiers who weren't carrying anyone were in charge of carrying the weapons. All the female soldiers will be the ones in charge of the security.

There will surely be a few soldiers on guard at all times at the dungeon entrance, I don't want them stopping us from leaving. "Leah, tell everyone to shoot anyone that seems to be hostile."

"Yes sir."

A few minutes of walking later, I can already see the light coming from the dungeon's entrance, "We're nearly at the dungeon entrance, prepare to engage." Leah said. "Submachine gunners on me."

The only people armed with an SMG are the squad leaders and the first squad's assistant squad leader, but the squad leader of the all male squad was carrying Carlo so he couldn't go. That leaves the three ladies armed with SMGs. I guess we’ll be leaving this town guns blazing.

“GO GO GO.” Leah said as she ran out of the dungeon together with Christina and Janice.

Our whole group followed after them. The guards at the dungeon entrance were surprised to see a group of people suddenly coming out of the dungeon. “Wait- whose are the heroes, you there sto- guuh”

Before the guard could even finish what he was saying, he fell to the ground while clutching his throat. Gunshots ruined the once quiet and peaceful night.

“SOUND THE ALAA- gruhk”

“Dammit who’re these guys, we didn’t see them enter the dungeon.”

“QUIT COMPLAINING AND SHOOT YOUR BOW.”

“SOMEONE SOUND THE ALARM.”

Guards fell one by one, those who are still alive are in a state of panic, not knowing how to react. This space is pretty open, my men don’t have any cover. If we don’t have any then I guess I should make some, we’ll need something that can transport our whole group and at the same time can be used for offense. The Sdkfz 251 apc might be  a good choice. How much for an Sdkfz 251?

“Answer: The SDKFZ 251 line of vehicles cost anywhere between 500 points and 750 points based on the variant… “

How many points do I have right now?

“Answer: You have gained another 700 points from the current battle… Total points is 2531.5… “

Okay, I need 2 standard apc variants and a variant armed with an autocannon if possible.

“2 Sdkfz 251/1 and 1 Sdkfz 251/22 purchased… Total cost is 1650 points… Deducting cost to total points balance… Remaining Points is 881.5… “

Three large glowing circles appeared on the ground which caused the fighting to die down momentarily. The glowing circles briefly emitted a bright light before dying out. After the light died down, three vehicles could be seen.

The guards were surprised to see something suddenly appear out of nowhere. My men on the other hand, reacted by manning the weapons on the APCs, 2 of them have the standard MG42 while the other one has a triple mounted autocannon. Those might be 20mm if my guess is right.

“FIRE!” Leah shouted.

*Bratatatatata*

That doesn’t sound like 20mms, maybe those are 15s? Meh, those are still more than enough for this medieval world.

My friends and classmates were placed into one of the APCs, after all of them have been loaded into the APC, my men can now focus on dealing with the enemy.

"On me, we'll head up the walls." Mario said as he went inside the gatehouse. His whole squad followed after him.

Janice and her squad followed Mario’s squad to the gatehouse but they didn’t go up. They instead passed through the gate and into the town. Leah and the first squad boarded the APCs and covered Mario’s squad.

The whole battle lasted less than 5 minutes, after the battle my men gathered all the dead guards in one place. None of my men died in the battle, only a minor injury, one of Mario’s men was grazed by an arrow.

We need to leave this city soon, the garrison might already be on their way. Leah came to me and said, “Sir, we can’t fit everyone on the APCs, we’ll need another one if we want to fit everyone.”

“I see, I’ll summon another one now.”

I need another standard variant of the Sdkfz 251.

“Affirmative… 1 Sdkfz 251/1 purchased… Total cost is 500 points… Deducting cost to total points balance… Remaining points balance is 1381.5… “

Wait, I thought I just had around 800 a while ago?

“Answer: Yes… But additional points have been earned… “

I see?

Another big glowing circle appeared on the ground, it shone brightly then died down, and another vehicle was summoned.

“Get in now, we need to get Cess and Tia then leave this city.” I commanded.

“Yes sir.”

Our convoy passed through the thoroughfare which elicited surprised reactions from the townsfolk. We arrived at the inn in no time, I rushed upstairs and barged into our room. “Tia, Cess, let’s go now. Hurry.”

“Hey Ian we heard a lot of gunshots, what happened.” Cess asked.

“I’ll explain later, right now we need to hurry.” I replied.

Just as we were about to leave, gunshots erupted outside and Leah and Christina barged into the room, “Sir we need to get out of here ASAP, we are currently engaging an enemy unit.”

“Dammit, their response is faster than what I had anticipated. We need something heavier to get out of the city.”

“Sir, we’ll be going down now.”

“Okay, we’ll be there in a second.” I replied. “Tia, Cess, Let’s go.”

“”Okay”” they replied.

Outside the hotel, I saw several dead town guards scattered in the plaza. The gates must’ve already been sealed, we need something to breach those gates. Hey, how much does a Panzer 4 cost?

“Answer: Panzer IVs cost anywhere between 750 and 1000 points… “

Get me a Panzer 4 H, now.

“1 Panzer IV H purchased… Total Cost is 1000 points… do you want to summon a crew for 300 points… “

Yeah, do that.

“Affirmative… 1 Panzer IV H with crew purchased… Total Cost is 1300 points… deducting cost to total points balance… Remaining balance is 968.5… “

As soon as the tank was summoned, its machineguns started firing into the enemies. The tank’s hatch opened and someone came out, “Sir, Henry Wilson, tank commander. Awaiting your orders.”

“We need you to punch through the enemy and through the gates. Avoid any unnecessary damage to the town if possible.” I said.

“Will do, sir.” he replied before entering his tank and closed the hatch.

“Everyone, get inside your vehicles, we’re moving out.” Leah instructed.

Our whole convoy of 5 vehicles punched through the enemy line, the town guards broke as soon as we breached their lines. With the tank leading the way, we reached the town gates after a few minutes, archers on top of the wall fired on the tank but all the arrows just bounced off.

“Focus your fire on the archers on top of the walls.”

All the machine guns fired on the archers on the wall, and one by one the archers fell. Once all the archers were either killed or wounded, a deafening loud boom was heard followed by another explosion.

The first one was from the tank cannon, while the following explosion was the sound of the shell exploding and the gates being blown off. As soon as the gates were blown off, our convoy started to move again.

I guess this is goodbye to Nareña. We won't be coming back again, that's for sure.

11