Chapter 18: Reunion
226 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours later after leaving the town of Nareña, our convoy stopped in the middle of the road because they told me that one of my classmates had woken up.

I went to the APC where my friends and classmates are. Upon opening the back of the APC, I found two female soldiers holding down Rika.

"HEEEELP!" Rika screamed.

The soldiers are trying their best to calm her down, but to no avail. "Ma'am you need to calm down."

Rika continued to scream and thrash around the APC's floor, she even hit some of our classmates with her thrashing.

"Rika calm down." I said to her, but it seems like it even made her more terrified.

"WHO ARE YOU!? WHY DO YOU KNOW MY NAME!?"

Ah dammit, I still have my disguise on again, don't I. Should I undo my disguise now? or should we administer some sedatives?

Before I could make my choice, Cess came running towards us. "They said someone woke up. Who was it!?" she yelled as she ran. By the time she arrived, she was already panting and out of breath. "Haah - hah… wh...o wo...ke up…"

Woah, you got tired just from that!?

I stopped Cess from running by holding both of her shoulders, "Woah, you need to catch your breath first."

"Hah-hah… Yea..h let me ca...tch my breath first… hah…" She replied.

After a few seconds, Cess’ breathing was back to normal, “Okay, it looks like you’re fine now, Rika was the first one to wake up.”

“Rika!?” 

“LET GO OF- Wait, Cess?”

“Yeah it’s me, the one and only.” Cess replied as she ran towards Rika, my two soldiers immediately released Rika.

“Wh-what’s happening? Why are you talking to that man?” Rika asked.

“Hmmm, talking to who?” Cess asked back.

Rikka pointed at me, “Him.”

“Hmm?” Cess looked at me from head to toe, “Oh, that’s why.”

“Huh? What?” Rika asked.

“You might not believe it, but that’s actually Ian.” Cess answered.

“WAIT WHAT!?” Rika let out a surprised reply.

“Way to spoil the surprise Cess.” I undid my disguise, “Sup, Rika.”

“A-are you really Ian?” Rika asked.

“Yeah, the one and only Ian.”

“He sure is the one and only Ian.”

Cess and I said the same thing at the same time, we looked at each other with a smile on our faces. “” Jinx! “”

“” What the-? Jinx Again “”

"" Stop copying me! Huh!? No, you stop copying me. ""

"OKAY OKAY YOU'RE IAN, JUST STOP THAT ROM COM SKIT" Rika shouted.

"" Eh? ""

Cess and I looked at Rika only to find out that she was looking so irritated. “So, would anyone care to explain what’s happening here?”

"Ian can tell you everything." Cess said.

"Wait, me again? I can't right now, I'm uuh… busy." I replied.

"What do you mean you're busy? You're not even doing anything at the moment." Cess retorted.

"Of course I'm busy with something." I said.

Cess crossed her arms and looked at me dubiously, "Oh yeah? What's keeping you busy then?"

"Uhh- some important stuff?" I answered. Where's Leah? I need her to get me out of this situation.

"See!? You don't even have a good ex-"

As if answering my plight, Leah showed up and it looks like she has something important to tell me, "Sir, Unterfeldwebel Wilson was looking for you.”

“Okay, tell him I’m coming right away.” I looked at Cess and Rika, “Told you I’m busy.”

“Tsk, you’ll owe me one for this.” Cess said.

"Yeah, yeah, anyways I'll leave it up to you to tell Rika everything, okay?"

"Yeah okay." Cess replied.

After hearing her reply, I immediately went to Wilson's tank.

+ + + Cess + + +

Ian left promptly after he was called, which left Rika and me, together with our unconscious classmates and 2 female soldiers.

Urgh, he always leaves everything to me, even back in school.

"So Cess, what happened?" Rika asked.

"Uhmm, so based on what Ian told me-"

I explained to Rika everything that I heard from Ian and everything that I have experienced and witnessed so far. “-I think that’s all about it?”

“Hmmm.” Rika looked like she was deep in thought, she looked around the vehicle and saw the 2 soldiers at the front. “What about them then? Who are they?”

"Them? I also don't know, the only one I know is the lady that came to get Ian." I answered.

"Hmmm." Rika went back to her deep thoughts, "They're armed with guns though, and I don't think I saw someone with guns back in the castle?"

"Yeah me neither, Ian said they're from his skill."

"Skill? What skill?" she asked.

"You know the stuff that appears when we say 'Status Open'? Apparently Ian suddenly just knew how to read that stuff."

"Oh yeah, I remember that, but I need a better explanation of it. Carlo should know about stuff like that right? Now where is Carlo?"

"Yeah Carlo should, I think?" I replied.

Rika stood up and searched for Carlo, "Found him."

"Uhmm, Rika? What're you going to do?" I asked.

Rika raised her hand and brought it down to Carlo's cheek. *SLAAAP*

Carlo suddenly jumped to his feet, "HUUUHN? WHA- WHO THE FU- Wait Cess? Rika?"

"Rika!? You didn't have to do that." I said to Rika.

"Yeah yeah, sorry Carlo, I didn't know how to wake you up." Rika apologized.

Carlo, who was still caressing his cheek replied, "You could've just shook me awake, right? That freakin hurt dammit."

"You're the fantasy nerd in our group right? So can you tell me what 'skills' are?" Rika asked.

"Fantasy Nerd? What the fuck? But skills huh? Wait, didn't we get summoned or something?" Carlo asked.

"Yeah we did." I answered.

"Hmm, so that's why you're asking about skills." He replied, "Well, in games, skills are like special abilities of a character. Skills might also be either active or passive."

"Hmmm." Rika was once more back to her thinking, "Now we need Kelvin. Oh there he is."

Rika approached Kelvin and shook him until he woke up, "Huh? Rika? Wait, did I drink til I blacked out again?"

"You could've just woken me up like that." Carlo complained, but Rika paid him no mind.

"No you idiot, don't you remember what happened to us back at the classroom?" Rika said to Kelvin.

Kelvin scratched his head, "Back in the classro- OH WAIT, A GLOWING CIRCLE APPEARED AND WE WERE SUDDENLY INSIDE A CASTLE OR SOMETHING."

"Yeah, that's what happened." Rika replied.

Carlo, who was looking around, saw the two soldiers at the front, "Wait, didn't we get summoned to a fantasy world? Why the hell are we inside a vehicle? And why the hell are there two ladies dressed up as soldiers there?"

"Wait ladies? Where?" Kelvin asked to which Rika responded with a karate chop to his head. "OW!"

"If Ian was here he'd be very happy, I bet he'll even give detailed explanations about this vehicle and those ladies' uniforms. If I'm a fantasy nerd, then he's a history geek." Carlo said, "Wait, where is Ian?"

"Uh yeah, about that… " I trailed off.

The lady on the passenger's seat apparently overheard our conversation and turned to us, "Do you want me to guide you to the Captain?" she asked.

"Uh yeah?" I answered.

The lady went to us by crawling in the space between the driver's seat and the passenger's seat. "Please wait for me here, I’ll call the captain." she said before leaving through the vehicle’s rear door.

+ + + Ian + + +

I was having a meeting with all of the squad leaders, "We need to find some sort of clearing first before we can set up camp, there's just trees everywhere right where we are."

“Yes sir, should we continue onwards now?” Leah asked.

“Yeah, we should. Let me just check on my friends first, then we move out.” I replied.

“Of course sir.” Leah said.

“Oh yeah, Leah, you should remind me to get tents for everyone later.”

“Yes sir.”

“How about everyone else? Are there any problems?” I asked.

“Sir, 1st squad has no problems at the moment.” Leah replied.

“Sir, 2nd squad no problems yet.” Janice answered.

“Sir, 3rd squad has no problems too.” Mario replied.

“Sir, Panzer Unit 131, we may need to refuel soon, we’ve already used up a quarter or so of our fuel, we have also used up 2 belts of ammo and 1 HE round.” Henry said.

“Okay, I’ll resupply everyone once we find a suitable camping ground.” I replied.

“Thank you sir.” Henry said.

As we were still in the middle of the meeting, a female soldier came, “Sir, Someone wants to see you.”

Leah was the first one to react, “Soldier, who gave you the permission to interrupt our meeting?”

The female soldier stood up in attention and saluted, “Ma’am the friends of the Captain has already woken up.”

“Oh, I see.” Leah replied, “Sir, we’ve already discussed every concern, I think you can go to your friends now.”

“Oh uhmm, yeah, thanks. Just call me if you need anything else.” I said before saying my goodbye. I followed the female soldier to the APC where my friends are. Upon arriving at the APC, the door burst open and my friends, Cess, Rika, Kelvin, and Carlo, came out.

“Ian, why the hell are there guns and vehicles in this fantasy world?” Carlo asked.

Kelvin grabbed me by the shoulders as soon as I was within his arms’ reach, “Ian, who the hell are those hot chicks in soldier’s uniforms??”

“What the heck Kelvin? Couldn’t you say hi or hello first?” I said in irritation.

“Sorry, sorry. Sup Ian, how have you been?” He said while patting my back, “Now that’s out of the way, tell me the name of those cute girls.”

“WHAT THE HEEEEELL!?” I shouted unconsciously.

“Oh come on man, we’re friends right?” he retorted, “I mean look at you, you’re now surrounded by some cute female soldiers, and woah look at that you also have a toy gun.”

Kelvin saw my Luger and took it from the holster, “KELVIN!!! DON’T PLAY WITH THAT!!!” I shouted.

“What do you mean don’t play with that? Ain’t this a toy? Then it’s meant to be played with, nice touch that it’s made out of metal though.” he said as he continued waving it around.

“Uhmm, Kelvin? Don’t wave that thing around.>” Cess said as she went back inside the APC.

“Kelvin, I think you should listen to Ian and Cess.” Rika said as she followed Cess back to the APC.

“Hey man, I think you need to stop.” Carlo said as he hid behind me. What the hell man, why’d you hide behind me!?

“HAHAHA, what’s with you guys? It’s not like this toy can fire, right? Here let me show you.” he said as he pulled the trigger which was followed by a gunshot. Birds from the nearby trees were startled by the gunshots and flew away. Kelvin, who was surprised by the gunshot, dropped the Luger which caused it to accidentally discharge again.

“Gyaaah-” the female soldier behind us let out a pained shriek.

I turned around and saw that her right arm was bleeding, I immediately rushed to her side and got her first aid kit. I took out a bandage from her kit and wrapped it tightly around where she was bleeding. “There, that should stop the bleeding for now, I’ll summon a medic later so you can receive proper treatment.”

“Thank you Captain, but don’t worry about me, it’s just a graze.” she replied.

“Even if it’s just a graze, we still need to get you checked. And besides, a simple graze won’t cause this much bleeding.”

As I was talking to the female soldier, all of my men rushed to where we were with their guns out. Upon seeing the pistol near Kelvin’s feet, my men aimed their guns at Kelvin.

14