Chapter 29: Upgrades
213 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following morning I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Oh wait, this is actually the baron's room. We used the baron's mansion for billeting and the courtyard was used by the townsfolk as a camping ground. My men, especially Leah and the officers, forced me to sleep in the baron's room since it's the most suitable room for me, they said. That's why I slept in a King sized bed with a fluffy mattress.

I got up and went to the washroom. You might think that the washroom here will be grand, but no, don't forget that I'm stuck in a medieval world. So the washroom here just consists of a sink, a bucket of water, a tub, and a hole in the ground. I hope my building creation comes with a fully functional washroom.

After washing my face, I put on my uniform and went out of the room. I was greeted by 2 soldiers guarding the door. Leah insisted that there should be someone guarding my room. The two guards gave a salute and followed behind me.

I went to the Makeshift Mess Hall, a.k.a the banquet hall. The men stood up as soon as they saw me enter the hall. "At ease, continue with your meals." I said to them, before seating at the front most table. I was then served some food. Where did we get the food? Well, the townsfolk shared some of their food with us. They also gave the wagons and items of the deceased to us. So we have some food right now.

I didn't let my men give food to the heroes, they deserved some punishment. I'll also have them leave the town since the townsfolk aren't that too accepting of heroes right now. I'll have them leave together with Tia, the two adventurers, and Johan, Johan's still alive after all that hell, heck he was just unconscious the whole time and just woke up when we arrived in the baron's mansion. I'll also drop that old man near the capital.

After finishing my breakfast, I went outside to the courtyard. I'll need to upgrade my men's equipment and replace the ones we lost. Korean war huh? I'll upgrade our standard guns to the soviet AK-47, the officers will have AKS-47s. We won't be replacing our MG42s though. I'll also need to replace our APCs, SPAA, and Armor.

Once outside, several townsfolk greeted me and thanked us again. I went to a part of the courtyard where there are little to no people. I stood there, ready to summon anything. But what will I even summon? For the armor, I'm thinking of the M48. I think they used choppers during the Korean war too, right?

"Affirmative… The Sikorsky H-19 is one of the most notable helicopters of the conflict… "

I'll summon one or two of them then. Pattons for my armored forces, and a couple APCs. I think that's enough for us now. Will everything fit here?

"Answer: No… Clear the whole courtyard… "

I see, I'll get to summoning later then. After the townsfolk have finished eating. I'll have my men clear out the courtyard later.

Since I still don't have anything to do, I decided to go back to the mansion and check the wounded men. I had someone guide me where they are being treated. The wounded are being treated in different rooms, so I decided to visit everyone, coz why not? I'll visit Henry last.

It took me almost half an hour to visit everyone, now I only need to visit Henry. I stood in front of Henry's door and went in, "How are you feeling now?" I asked.

He tried to stand up but I stopped him with my hand, so he just sat up. "Still a little injured sir, but rest assured that I'd be back inside a tank in no time. Oh wait, our tank might actually be irreparable already. The cannon barrel was bent since we smashed into the dungeon entrance, several of the road wheels were cracked or came off, the tracks are also broken, and the sprockets have also cracked."

"I see." I replied, "Don't worry about that, I'm thinking of purchasing new tanks. Does the M48 sound good?"

Henry placed his hand on his chin before answering, "Yes sir, but may I suggest that you also buy a light tank for scouting?"

"A light tank huh? I guess that'll be the M41?" I asked.

"Yes sir."

"I guess I'll buy 1 m48 and 1 m41 then, is the crew size still 5?" I asked again.

"No sir, both the M41 and the M48 have 4 crew members each. Our current force has 10 tank crews, 2 tankers will be left without a vehicle." He explained.

"I'll make it 2 m48s then, and summon only 2 new tankers. Is that good?" I asked.

"Yes sir!"

"Okay, well, I'll be leaving now. Get well soon." I said to him before leaving.

I looked out the window and saw that the courtyard is mostly empty now. I excitedly ran through the mansion's hall and burst out of the doors. Time to summon some new equipment. Hey skill, I need you now. I'll need to name my skill too.

"Affirmative… I am here… purchasing previously mentioned equipment… 40 AK47… Total cost is 4000… 80 additional magazines… Total cost is 6400… 2 M48 without crew… Total cost 9400… 1 M41 with half crew… Total cost 10500… 2 Sikorsky H-19 with crew… Total cost is 12700… 8 M75 APC with crew… Total cost is 19900 points… Deducting total cost to total points balance… Remaining points is 45128.75… Purchased Items will appear on a summoning circle… "

Holy crap! I spent 20k points? And I still have 45k? Daaaamn.

A huge summoning circle,the biggest by far, appeared on the courtyard and glowed brightly. Afterwards, what greeted me was a wonderful sight. 2 Choppers with the crew outside, 8 apcs and a tank with the crew standing on top. And finally the rows of AK 47s with the additional magazines laid in front. Wait, I'm still missing something. Give me 15 radio sets and my officer's AKS 47s too.

"Affirmative… 15 radio sets purchased… Total cost is 2250… 8 AKS 47s purchased… Total cost is 3050… 16 Additional magazines purchased… Total cost is 3530… Deducting total cost to total points balance… Remaining points is 41598.75… Purchased items will appear on a summoning circle… "

A smaller circle appeared and with it a few crates were summoned. I ordered one of the soldiers guarding me to call Leah.

Leah came out of the mansion after a few minutes. She stopped and her eyes widened as she saw the newly summoned equipment. After a few seconds she finally composed herself and went to me, "Sir! What do you need from me?"

"Assemble all the men here, even the wounded ones." I ordered.

"Yes sir!" She replied before running inside again.

As I watched her run inside, I glanced at the Ak 47s and found something missing. We need some bayonets. So I purchased 56 bayonets from my skill. Only a single crate was summoned this time. As I walked over the crate, soldiers began coming out of the mansion and forming up in front of the new equipment.

After a few more minutes of waiting, they have finally finished forming up. Even the wounded are on one side either on a stretcher or with a crutch to support them. The officers stood in front of their respective squads and platoons. I guess everything's ready now.

I called over Leah and the other platoon leader. "Distribute the new gear to everyone, each squad will receive a radio. The mortar crew will also receive one each. The officers will recieve the AKS variant, while the regular infantry will get the regular variant. I that understood?"

"" Yes sir! "" they both replied with a salute.

The proceeded to call their squad leaders to make the distribution easier. Each of the squads lined up and received their new weapons and radio equipment in an orderly fashion. After receiving their new equipment, I assigned 4 new APCs to each platoon and an M48 each. I then grouped the M41 and the 2 H-19s together as a reconnaissance unit. Once everything has already been sorted out, I dismissed everyone except for Leah. I'll have her follow me while I figure out my building creation skill.

Leah and I went outside the Mansion's gate and we were greeted by the townsfolk. I just waved at them and continued on our way. Oh wait, we have choppers now actually, dammit. We ran back to the mansion again and called one of the helicopter crew.

"Sir! We are ready to take off now!" The pilot said.

We boarded the chopper. The engine started and we slowly lifted off the ground.

"WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO SIR!?" The pilot shouted from the cockpit.

"Just take us around the town and land at the mansion again!" I shouted in reply.

The chopper flew around the town and I peeked out of the window trying to find a suitable location for my building creation skill test. I also made some mental notes for the town's reorganization. I think I'll use the baron's mansion as our HQ. The rest of the northern district could be used as the residential zone for the townsfolk. We'll need an outpost near the dungeon. The western district will be the industrial zone. The central district will still be the commercial zone. I still don't know what I'll do with the southern and eastern zones.

After half an hour of circling around the town, I decided to go back to the mansion since I've mostly figured out everything. The only thing left is to check my skill itself. After landing the chopper, I got off and summoned a jeep. "Leah, go call a driver."

Leah saluted and left. She returned a few minutes later with another soldier in tow. "Let's go to the western district." I said before hopping on the jeep.

It took us a few minutes to reach the western district. Time to check out my skill. I browsed the available buildings, one building immediately grabbed my attention, the Ammunition Factory. I immediately bought it for 15000 points.

"1 Ammunition Factory purchased… Switching to a bird's-eye view… "

Wooaah.

My perspective suddenly changed into a top-down perspective and a red glowing silhouette of a factory can be seen blinking. Wait, this feels like those city builders I played before. I manipulated the factory until it was where I wanted it to be, the red glow has also changed into a green glow, indicating that I can place it there. I placed it there and a prompt appeared asking if I wanted to place it there. I answered yes and my perspective suddenly returned to a first person view. That felt weird.

After adjusting to my own perspective, I looked ahead and saw that the factory was where I placed it. But for some reason it isn't working. Why isn't it working?

"Answer: You need to connect it to a mine… After connecting to a mine… Choose a production line… Each factory can have 5 production lines… "

Thanks. Guess I'll place a mine.

I opened up my skill again and bought a mine for 7000 points. I placed it behind the factory and connected them. Next, I went to the factory and chose 5 different rounds, .50 for the M2 on the tanks and APCs, .30 for the M41's coaxial, 7.92x57mm Mauser for the Kar98ks and the MG42s, 9mm for the lugers and MP40s, and the 7.62x39mm for the AKs. The production lines cost 500 points each and the connection for the Factory and Mine costs 1000 points.

With the production lines set up, different bullets started to come out of the conveyor belt. The only problem now is that no one is packing them up, they just fell to the ground with a *clink clink clink*. I guess I'll hire some of the townsfolk to pack the bullets, but what will I pay them with?

"Answer: Build a mint to produce your own coinage… "

I guess that's a plan. Next will be the townsfolk's food and shelter. For the food, I found a farm plot in the building list. It says that it can create 100 kilos of grain or 50 kilos of fruit and vegetables per day. The housing will be the apartment from my building list. It can accomodate 20 families of 5, what will I do for families of more than 5? Well… That's the only residential building that I'll offer for free. If they want to create a house of their own, they need to pay me.

With a plan in mind already, I decided to go back to the mansion. I turned off the factory's production line before leaving. I was too lazy to fix the scattered bullets, so I'll just have a squad or two to fix it.

I hopped into the jeep and went to the mansion. Along the way, I noticed that the number of townsfolk on the street had lessened so I ordered the jeep to stop and asked a nearby townsfolk. "Where did the other townsfolk go?"

"Hmm? Oh good sir! The townsfolk with houses in the eastern and northern districts have already returned to their homes since the damages there are minimal." the lady answered.

"I see, thank you." I replied before hopping on the jeep again. "Leah, order 2 squads to patrol the eastern and northern districts, tell them to bring the APCs. Send another squad to guard the munitions factory."

"Yes sir!" She replied with a salute.

We continued along the road and arrived at the mansion not long after. I entered the mansion together with Leah, I asked her to escort me to the mansion's underground prison. Why was there an underground prison in a baron's mansion? I don't want to know the answer.

As soon as the soldier guarding the dungeon saw us, he gave a salute and opened the door. The smell that assaulted my nose once the door was opened made me wince. But the smell when we first entered it was far worse than how it smells right now. I sitll cared for my classmates and friends you know. I had my men clean this place up before we placed my classmates here. 

"Foood… foooood… " someone cried out. Is that Kelvin? Oh crap, he actually hasn't eaten yet since the night before yesterday. I ordered Leah to get her squad.

While waiting for Leah, I approached my classmates' cell. "Sup guys." I called out.

"Iaaaan! Gimmeeee foood!" Kelvin cried out as he grabbed and shook the cell's rusty bar.

"Alright alright, sheesh. Let's just wait for my men to arrive and we'll escort you to the banquet hall." I answered.

"Fooood… wait, really!?"

"Yeah, yeah."

My other classmates stood up after hearing food. Rika on the other hand, just sat there in the corner.

Leah and her squad arrived minutes later. They were still wearing their M36 uniforms but were armed with soviet AK-47s. This must be how the East German Volksarmee looked like, probably. The sdier guarding the prison opened the cell.

"Freedom… oh sweet sweet freedom!" Kelvin said joyfully as he got down and kissed the floor, "Oh crap! pweh pweh"

"Kelvin, what're you even trying to do?" Carlo said in exasperation.

We led them to the banquet hall and presented a simple lunch. I joined with them, but since they were hungry and busy eating. We didn't get any chance to talk that much. After eating their fill, some of them patted their stomachs and leaned back.

"So have we been forgiven now?" Jose asked.

"Good question, now to the next part. Your banishment." I announced.

I was met by my classmates surprised faces. What? Do you think you can just go ahead and kill 200 people and then be forgiven the next day?

I ordered my men to bound, blindfold, and cover my classmates ears. Time for the banishment.

Thank you for reading my work. I also read all your comments. Your comments help me improve the chapters I make and you guys also help me fix some grammatical or formatting errors.


Thanks again for reading. I hope that you'll continue supporting my work.


11