Chapter 31: Preparations
356 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that day inside one of the church’s recovery rooms, Antonius finally woke up. The nun watching him ran outside the moment his eyes opened. Moments later, the nun returned together with a priest.

“Thank the gods, contact the castle and tell them that His Excellency the Court Sorcerer has awoken.” The priest declared and the nun ran out again.

Another hour has passed and the King together with a contingent of knights arrived at the church. As soon as the King entered Antonius' he ordered everyone to leave them alone.

"It seems like Nareña wasn't too kind to you." The King said sarcastically.

"Your Majesty! I'm sorry for my failure." Antonius said as he bowed his head.

"The loss of Nareña is not your fault." The king replied.

"It is not, but the loss of the heroes is mine to bear." Antonius said with his head still bowed down.

"WHA-!?" The King unconsciously raised his voice and his expression became enraged for a moment but Antonius didn't notice it since his head's still down, "It doesn't matter, I already sent a small force to retake Nareña." You better summon better otherworlders next spring.

“Your Majesty!?” Antonius’ head suddenly raised his head, “How small is a small force!?”

“I sent a force of 50 knights, 450 levies, 50 engineers, and 25 sorcerers to retake the city. That should be enough to clear out some monsters.” The king declared proudly.

“YOUR MAJESTY!!! NONE OF THEM WILL RETURN ALIVE!” Antonius shouted.

The king was taken aback by Antoinus' sudden outburst, "What do you mean it's not enough!?"

"The monsters should be the least of your problems! The real threat are the devils pretending to be men! They easily broke through my tier 3 barrier!" Antonius Explained.

"WHAAAT!!? DAMMIT, IT'S TOO LATE TO CALL THEM BACK NOW." The king said, "If they can break through a tier 3 barrier, then the men I sent won't be going to a battlefield. Instead, they'll be like sheep going to the butcher."

"Yes, Your Majesty. It is as you say." Antonius said.

"Hmmp, there's no point crying over spilled milk. I have a task for you once you recover." The king said.

"By your will, Your Majesty." Antonius replied. “How about the town of Nareña?”

“Let them have it, that town’s only value is the dungeon anyways. The land is infertile and they’ll starve soon enough.” The King answered before turning to the door and leaving.

+ + + + +

Inside an inn's room, 4 SAS operatives are watching the heroes. "Command, this is Alpha 1, do you copy? over."

"*Krshk* This is command solid copy. over." Ian replied.

"Targets are still in the city and are acting normally. No suspicious people approached them in the past few hours. over."

"*Krshk* Just keep on watching them. over."

"Roger that command, Alpha 1 out."

+ + + + +

In a dark alleyway another group of SAS operatives are watching a building, Johan's main store. "This is Bravo-1, checking in. over."

"*Krshk* I copy. over."

"Targets are within the building. Continuing our surveillance. over."

"Cop- *Krshk* -y that. Continue with your mission."

"Roger. Bravo-1 out."

+ + + + +

Since the sun is already setting, Marvin decided to make camp. The knights and their followers obeyed Marvin and started making a camp for the group.

It took more than half an hour to make their camp. In the middle of the camp is Marvin's tent which also serves as the meeting room and is also the biggest tent. They really know my value, don't they. HAHAHA I REALLY AM THE GREAT HERO MARVIN.

As he was daydreaming, the knights entered the tent. "We are now ready to discuss the plan, Sir Marvin." Alejandro said as he knelt down the ground, the other knights followed suit.

HAHAHA LOOK AT THEM BOW DOWN BEFORE ME. Marvin thought to himself, "Very well, you may now rise."

The knights all got up and gathered around the table. "Sir Marvin, we'll arrive half a day later than the first force. By the time we arrive, the town might already be retaken."

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure that they will be wiped out since they'll be attacking it head on." Marvin declared, "We on the other hand will attack at night."

"Wiped out? What in the hells are we fighting if they can wipe out a force like that?" One of the knights asked.

"Fear not, we're only fighting other people." Marvin assured them.

"I see." Alejandro said, "We'll attack at night then."

"Yeah, that's all. You are now dismissed." Marvin said.

"" By your will, oh great hero. "" The knights said in unison.

Marvin's ego just hit an all time high, HELL YEAH I'M THE GREAT HERO.

The knights then left but Alejandro peeked inside the tent after sometime, "Sir Marvin, your entertainment is ready. Shall I send them in now?"

"Huh? Entertainment?" Marvin asked.

"Yes, I'll send them in now." Alejandro said as he shoved three girls into the tent, "This will be your personal slaves, Oh Great Hero. You can do what you want with them. They're all virgins by the way."

The three girls are all dressed scantily and all of them have metal collars around their necks. Marvin stood up and inspected the slaves. "Anything I want huh? You can leave now Alejandro."

"By your will."

Once they were alone Marvin ripped their already scant clothes. "Oooh boy, I'll enjoy myself tonight." he said as he also took his clothes off and pulled one of them to his bed.

The girl resisted but Marvin just overpowered her. Marvin had his way with the girl until he was satisfied and the girl was left shaking. After he was satisfied, he pushed the girl off the bed and pulled the other girl to his bed.

He once again had his way with the new girl until he was fully satisfied. He left the girl in his bed and stood up. "Time for the last one." he said as he eyed the last girl.

"N-nooo, pleaaase." The girl begged as she took several steps backward.

"You filthy slave dare to refuse me? The great hero?" Marvin said self-importantly as he slowly walked closer to the girl.

"Noooo." The girl yelled as she took another step backward and tripped.

Marvin immediately pinned her down. The girl started crying as Marvin fondled her chest. He then moved his thing close to the girl's mouth, "OPEN WIDE YOU DAMN BITCH!"

The girl refused and turned her head away. As if saving the girl from getting molested any further, a servant came inside the tent and saw Marvin straddling the girl. The servant averted his eyes before speaking, "S-sorry for the interruption Sir hero. Sir Alejandro is calling for you."

"Dammit, I guess I'll have my way with you once I take Nareña." Marvin said to the girl as he stood up.

Marvin put on his clothes and followed the servant to Alejandro. The girl went to a corner of the tent and hugged her knees. Please someone save me, anyone. She prayed to the gods as her tears continued pouring.

+ + + Ian + + +

Leah woke me up as soon as the sun was peeking out of the horizon. I washed my face up and put on my uniform before going to our makeshift communications room. The soldiers in the room stood up and saluted as they saw Leah and I enter.

"Any news?" I asked one of the radio operators.

"Sir! Nothing new from Alpha and Bravo team. Scout-2 returned an hour ago and reported enemy sighting 30 clicks to the south. They were still camping. Scout-3 took off half an hour ago, no radio reports yet." The radio operator said.

"Keep up the good work. Notify me immediately if Scout-3 contacts you." I said before leaving.

After leaving the communications room, I went to the mess hall and had my breakfast. Afterwards, I went out and checked the tank crews.

Henry ran to me as soon as he saw me, "Sir! Elephant-1 and 2 ready to move out, Bulldog-1 is already at the eastern gate." He reported.

"Good work, have the 2 M48s move into position after 15 minutes." I said, "By the way, are you sure you can now go? You're still injured, so are the rest of the tank crews."

"Will do, sir! Elephants 1 and 2 moving into position after 15 minutes!" Henry replied, "We'll just be sitting inside the tank sir, the enemy's weapons are practically useless against our armor anyways."

"Well, if you're fine with that, then I won't stop you."I said before turning to leave.

Communications done, breakfast done, tanks done. I wonder what's next in my to-do list.

“Sir, should we go to the southern wall now?” Leah asked.

“Yeah, let’s hop on the jeep then.” I answered.

Leah and I rode the jeep to the southern wall. I inspected the town as we passed through the main road. There are still some people living in the streets, but most of them have settled in their houses or other intact buildings. I really have to start rebuilding this town soon, I’ll get a bunch of points from the incoming army anyways. I also need to find a food source for the town. Our food stores right now can still last for a week or so, but after that, we won’t have anywhere to get more food. As I was deep in thought, we passed by the plaza where flowers have been placed in the middle of the plaza. I’ll also make a memorial here.

After a few more minutes, we finally arrived at the southern wall where the 2nd platoon is currently assigned. The platoon leader, John Baltok, immediately greeted me with a salute as soon as I got off the jeep. “Sir, the 2nd platoon is now ready for the enemy. We have finished setting up the extra MG42s on the battlements.”

“Good, how about the two adventurers?” I asked.

John gave a slight pause before replying, “Well, they’ve only just begun training yesterday, so they’re not yet ready. They’ll have a better chance in killing the enemy if they’ll use the Kar98k as spears.”

“They’re that bad?” I asked in surprise.

“No sir, give them 3 months and they’ll be ready.” John answered.

“I’ll leave the training to you then, I need at least a platoon sized force.” I said to him before going up the walls.

I plan on creating a defence force completely composed of Nareñans. This will keep the morale high when they’re defending because it’s their town that they’re  protecting. But this also has a downside, if a revolt happens then they will join the revolt. I’ll just make sure that no revolt will happen.

I finally reached the top of the walls, there I saw several MG42s set up along the battlements. Those MG42s are the ones we scavenged from the broken SdKfz 251s. The rest of the 2nd platoon are also positioned along the battlements. The 2nd Platoon’s mortar team is currently manning a quad 20mm since their mortar was destroyed in the blast. The two adventurers are also on the walls and they were being trained by 2 female soldiers.

Since I don’t have any other plans, I decided to watch their training. They were currently doing some live fire exercises. They were firing the Kar98K as if it was a breech-loading single-shot rifle, I didn’t give them clips. This way, they can only fire a single shot every couple of seconds and not waste ammunition. This will also be how the Nareñan defence force will be trained.

“Hey! How’s the training going?” I called out to them.

The two soldiers training them gave a salute while they just greeted me normally. This earned them a smack from their instructors, “What did we teach you? Give a salute and wait for them to return the salute before speaking, right?”

“” YES MA’AM “” The two adventurers replied with a salute.

“Don’t worry about it right now, they just began their training.” I said to them.

“If that is what you say, sir.” The soldier replied.

“So how’s training?” I asked again.

“Well, it’s okay. I guess?” Tristan replied.

“Same here, but my confidence is wavering since these ladies here are better than me.” the other adventurer added.

“You’ve just begun your training, that is to be expected. Train for a few months and you’ll be as good as them, I think.” I replied. “Well then, continue your training now.”

“We’ll be as good as them in a few months huh? We won’t let you down.” Tristan said before going back to his training.

I watched them for a few more minutes before moving on, I walked along the wall and looked at the town before me. Time to add some more buildings I guess.

I opened up my skill again and built a fuel pump and a mint for 15000 points. I placed them near the Ammo Factory. I’ll set the mint’s production later. As I was finishing up, I felt the walls shake for a bit. At first I thought it was an earthquake, but when I peeked down below, I saw the M48s passing through the gate. I ran to the other side of the wall just in time to see them exit the gate and head to the forest.

As I was watching the tanks, Leah ran to me together with a soldier carrying a radio. “Sir, report from Scout-3, enemy army has started to move, they split their forces into two. A mobile group, ETA 1 hour and the main force, ETA 3 hours. Scout-3 believes that it’s a recon force.”

“We’re ready to welcome our guests anyways, so let them come. Oh yeah, get the townsfolk’s representative here. We need someone to witness that the Kingdom was the aggressors and not us.” I replied.

“Will do, sir!” Leah said before running off.

We’ve made our preparations already, so let them come. If they’re just here to talk, then we’ll talk. But if they come here for war, then war I shall give them.

12