Chapter 34: The Fallen Hero
170 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The Great Hero has arrived, BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!" an enemy shouted, wait a minute, this voice.

I ordered my men to stand down, I want to confirm something first.

"I SAID BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!" the same voice yelled again, God dammit, why the hell did that bastard come back!?

"Light them up." I said on the radio.

"Roger that, *Krshk* Open fir- "

Oh crap! "WAIT WAIT! LIGHT THEM UP USING YOUR HEADLIGHTS!"

"Err, yes *Krshk* sir."

The 4 APCs all turned on their headlights and illuminated the central plaza. The enemies all covered their eyes or completely turned their heads away. Wait what's that behind Marvin? Is that a girl?

"Men, new ROE. Switch to single fire and don't hit non combatants and the man with a girl tied to his horse." I ordered through my radio.

After giving out my order, my men opened fire at the enemy formation. The knight at the front immediately went to the middle of the formation and gave orders. The enemy formed what looks to be a testudo formation, but no matter what formation they will make. Our bullets can easily penetrate their shields. The enemy's horses also got scared and threw off their riders. Marvin's horse on the other hand just ran away, taking him and the girl away from the firefight.

I watched on as the enemy got decimated by our small arms fire. After a decent number of them already died, I ordered a cease fire. Will the enemy cooperate now that they have seen our might, right?

Contrary to my expectation, the enemy combatants just reformed themselves and aimed their weapons at us. "No retreat! No surrender!" The knights shouted, despite getting thrown off their horses.

"Open fire!" I shouted to my men.

Small arms gunfire erupted once again in the plaza. The enemies fell one by one before they could even reach our positions. My men continued firing for another minute before all the enemy combatants lay dead or injured in the plaza, while the non combatants were left unharmed, Hopefully. The non combatants were people who were wearing rags for clothes and all of them were wearing metal collars around their neck; on a side note, most of the slaves are women. Slavery huh?

I ordered my men to capture any survivors and to help the slaves. I also ordered all the choppers to take off and search for Marvin in the city. The second platoon will remain on standby in the mansion and the munitions factory. Half of the first platoon will help in the search while the rest will escort the prisoners and the slaves to the mansion. The two M48s outside the town will also split up, one will block the southern gate and the other one will block the eastern gate.

After my men left the plaza with the rescued slaves and the prisoners in tow, I hoppend on top of the M41's turret. The APCs will also help with searching since no one will be riding onboard. We checked our equipment one last time before setting forth to search for the runaway 'great hero' or so he says.

+ + + + +

Dammit, dammit, dammit. Why the hell are those knights so weak!? Marvin thought to himself as he tried to control the scared horse.

Marvin was getting impatient so he pulled the reins hard making the horse rear up and threw Marvin and the tied girl to the ground.

The girl let out a squeal as her body hit the ground. Marvin let out a grunt but quickly stood up and charged at the horse. “Why you dumb fucking animal!” he yelled.

The horse sensed the danger and reared up again trying to threaten Marvin. Despite the horse’s aggression, Marvin was undaunted and charged headlong. The horse also charged at him, but Marvin had a sword and instantly cut down the horse.

After dealing with the horse, Marvin walked to the girl and carried her over his shoulders. "Dammit, I need to get out of this town. I'll be taking you along with me as a hostage, and once we're out of this town. We'll have some fun to relieve our stress."

Tears welled up on the girl's eyes as she heard what'll happen to her. "P-please no! I don't want to!"

Marvin got annoyed that the girl was being loud so he knocked her out, "Shut up you dirty bitch!"

After knocking out the girl, he continued wandering Nareña's empty street. He hasn't gotten far from where he came from when he heard loud noises coming from the sky. What the hell is that sound?

Not knowing what the sounds are, Marvin continued wandering without care. A couple of minutes later, he heard some more rumbling sounds away from him. He stopped and checked his surroundings but he found nothing wrong, so he just ignored it and went on.

He was starting to get exhausted, both physically and mentally, but mostly mentally. He found a damaged building and went inside. He placed the girl on the floor and he himself also sat down.

I'll need to get out of here then build another army and destroy those fuckers. I will make them bow down to me, mark my words.

As he was thinking to himself, a loud sound could be heard directly above them.

*Chkk-chkk-chkk-chkk*

"Dammit, what the hell is that thing!?" Marvin shouted as he ran outside. There he saw the source of the sound, three helicopters were circling overhead. "Shit, they found me."

Marvin ran back inside and carried the girl on his shoulder before running away. But, no matter how fast he ran, the helicopters were still faster. Marvin ran aimlessly until he reached the southern district, the district was the most damaged district because of the previous bombardment and the blast. Marvin ran past the ruins and damaged buildings, after a few minutes of running around. He reached the southern gatehouse. THIS IS IT. THIS IS MY WAY OUT!

Marvin’s hopes were immediately crushed as a tank passed through the gatehouse and stopped in front of Marvin. Henry came out of the commander’s cupola with his MP40 aimed at Marvin. “STOP RIGHT THERE!”

“GOD DAMMIT!” Marvin cussed and threw the girl to the ground before bolting to an abandoned building. Henry climbed out of the tank and fired a few rounds into the building before checking the unconscious girl. “Elephant-1, we need a medic, asap.” he shouted to his radio. "The chicken has entered a building, over."

As Marvin cooped up inside the building, Ian's forces slowly gathered outside.

+ + + Ian + + +

I arrived in front of an abandoned building, Leah and half of the first platoon along with Henry's tank and the 4 APCs gathered in front of it. The three choppers have already returned to the mansion. "What's the situation?" I asked Leah after I got off of the M41.

"Sir." She gave a salute, "According to Henry, the chicken is inside the building. He also rescued a girl. She is in the ambulance and according to the medics, she is stable and they're only waiting for her to wake up."

"I see. I'll go check on the girl. You make sure that there are no exits." I said.

"By your will sir!" She answered.

I found the ambulance behind the tanks, a medic came out of the ambulance as I was about to open the rear doors. "Oh, sir!" The medic was startled but quickly composed himself and gave a salute. "The girl is now stable, we're just waiting for her to wake up now."

"Yeah, I already heard it from Leah." I returned his salute and replied.

"You can now go inside if you want to check on her sir. If you'll excuse me, sir." The medic said before leaving.

I went inside the ambulance and found the girl on one of the stretchers. The other medic was still inside monitoring her, she gave a salute as soon as she saw me. I returned her salute, "What's her condition?" I asked.

"Apart from some bruises and small scratches, she is doing fine. We're now just waiting for her to wake up on her own." The medic replied.

"I see, good job. Continue monitoring her. Call me once she wakes up." I said.

"Yes sir." The medic replied.

Since I've already seen the girl, I decided to leave now. But as I was about to leave, the girl suddenly woke up and screamed, "EEEEK, PLEASE NO! I DON'T WANT TO GET PREGNANT!"

What the heck?

I turned around and saw the medic holding the girl down. "Please calm down, we're not your enemies." The medic tried to calm her down.

The girl kept on shouting and screaming, some of the soldiers outside even peeked to check what was happening. I went near the girl to try to calm her down, "You're saved now, don't be scared." But it was useless and the girl still continued resisting and shouting.

This went on for a couple of minutes before the girl became too exhausted and fell unconscious. Guess we'll try communicating once she wakes up again. She kept on screaming 'I don't want that inside of me.' and 'I don't want to have a baby.' then that means… Oh hell nah, that fucking pig.

I left the girl in the medic's care and got out of the ambulance. I walked briskly to the M41 and got on the roof mounted M2 heavy machine gun. "Leah, have all of your men fire at the building on my signal!" I said to Leah.

"Yes sir!" She replied before running back to her men, "You heard the commander, everyone will surround  the house and open fire at the commander's signal."

"Sir, what about us?" Henry asked.

"All tanks will fire their MGs at my signal too." I replied.

"Yes sir!" He said and returned to his tank.

I waited for everyone to get into position. Once everyone was in their positions, I shouted as loudly as I could. "YOU BETTER BE READY FOR WHAT'S COMING YOU FUCKING PIG!"

Marvin didn't reply back, either he didn't hear it or he's just too scared to come out. It wasn't like I was expecting an answer anyways. I raised my hand up in the air, the officers looked on waiting for it to come down. I could also see the men waiting with bated breaths. Don’t worry the show is about to start.

+ + + Marvin + + +

The building I went to has 3 floors but only has one exit. God dammit, I chose the wrong building to hide in.

With no hiding spots on the first floor, I decided to go to the second floor. The second floor has multiple rooms, but I still didn’t feel safe so I went to the third floor. The third floor is an attic with some shelves along the walls, it also has 2 other rooms. I went inside one of the rooms and found a little window that allowed me to peek outside.

I peeked outside and saw the man who fired at me take the toy I dropped. Dammit, you better not touch that. I still haven’t had much fun with that yet. As I was peeking outside, I was considering if I would charge headon and kill those bastards since they’re just few and no match for a great hero like myself.

But before I could even make a decision, another tank looking thing without a gun stopped in front of the building. A truck soon arrived after the tank looking thing, two people came out and carried my toy inside.  What the fuck will you do to my toy!?

The longer the time passes, the more people and vehicles arrive and surround the building. The people that arrived are all wearing matching uniforms and are armed with guns. What the heck is that cheat? This is a damn fantasy world. So get your modern tech out of this place.

I continued looking outside until someone came and everyone stood at attention. That’s their leader huh? If I kill him, will his subordinates follow me? The man went to the truck where my toy is. While the man was in there, my toy was screaming. Dammit, did that man use my toy!? Oh, I’ll have your fucking head. The man got out of the truck once my toy stopped screaming. Damn bastard really did play with my toy!?

The man walked quickly to one of the tanks and stood behind the big gun on top of the tank. He stood there for a moment before shouting, "YOU BETTER BE READY FOR WHAT'S COMING YOU FUCKING PIG!"

WHO’RE YOU CALLING A DAMN PIG YOU FUCKING IDIOT! OH I’LL FUCKING SHOW YOU, JUST YOU WAIT YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

That does it, I stood up and was ready to go downstairs and charge at them. I inspected my sword, the blood from the horse I killed was still there and some of it had already hardened. You’re blood will also be on my sword soon, you fucking glory taker. You even fucked my toy.

10