Chapter 6: Char actually want’s to get charred!
425 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Char actually want's to get charred!

 

I crossed my arms as the skeleton was rattling with what I assumed to be laughter, though perhaps because of the partial speech ability of Char it came out as uncontrolled wheezing instead. 

 

I rolled my eyes, though I was dying on the inside. I already didn’t have a social life, if I didn’t control this guy I would just go back to the castle and not come out ever again.

 

This is why I don’t like people! Er- human like creatures with intelligence, same thing.

 

“Alright, you’ve had your laugh. Anyways, give me the bag, I need to see if I can fit these guys into it as well.”

 

I didn’t really know what monster corpses could do, but if we go by general video game knowledge then we could use them for monster parts and make useful items like armor and weapons, or even sell to venders. 

 

Though, I highly doubt a human or any other logical merchant would do business with me. I don’t think these horns will help me in any way.

 

Though there wasn’t any sum of money that would make me eat them, goblins were sure to be good for something. Though I still had to figure out how to get more SP to buy the basic necessities I needed to survive as a demon lord.

 

I managed to stuff these guys in just like the fish, though it made me afraid to think of the possibility of accidentally getting stuck in the black hole of a backpack myself. That is just a terrifying thought in general.

 

Char was also helping me, as he dragged the much larger goblin that I had fought at first towards me. They had thawed out of the ice within minutes, but they were long dead from their bodies freezing over.

 

He managed to stuff it into the bag with great difficulty, though that was probably because of his low strength stat since he was a mage and not a warrior. 

 

Alright, I think I should grab a bunch of other stuff along the way as I go back. I’m sure I’ll figure something out but I need the basic materials to do anything!

 

Checking my inventory screen, I realised that the bag was at [45/50] capacity, though that was probably from the giant shark and the multiple goblins I stuffed in. Regardless, it was enough since I had finished putting everything in anyways. 

 

I shouldered the bag, which at this point would be considered spacial magic, and left with Char back towards the stream. I noticed that Char was looking around at everything, almost like a hyperactive child that couldn’t focus on one single thing. 

 

“Uh, Char. Why are you looking everywhere?”

 

Char stopped for a second and looked at me, his hollow eye sockets making him look a bit sadder even though that technically wasn’t possible.

 

“....first….time…..outside”

 

“Oh.”

 

That made me turn my head back onto the road.

 

That’s kind of depressing, even by my standards.

 

I’ll admit that I was a hardcore introvert that spend 12 of my 24 hours in a normal day gaming and watching anime but I hadn’t considered the fact that Char had never been outside of the castle before. 

 

We quickly reached the bridge and walked over it, crossing the stream and being well on our way back to the castle. The dirt road had been roughly paved, probably by horses and wagons that used to come by here. Though this made the walk a bit more pleasant than stepping through a forest of overgrown grass and shrubs.

 

After the battle with the goblins I still wasn’t able to properly gauge my strength since they couldn’t hurt me in the slightest and I had just one-shot all of them and turned them into headless corpses and ice sculptures. Not the best enemies to practice against even though I had increased my level from 3 to 8 from all of that, none of my stats changed that much. 

 

I kicked one of the rocks that was in my way, cracking and crumbling into pieces onto the ground. This wasn’t really out of anger but I just did it because I was still deep in thought. I knew for a fact I could see a pop-up when one of my minions used a spell, since I had witnessed Char use [Arc] on the fish before.

 

[Arc]

 

Yeah, just like that. Wait what!?

 

I was torn out of my thoughts as the pop-up of the electric spell that Char had used previously appeared right in front of my eyes.

 

“Char! What’s going on?”

I looked to the left and right to find that Char was missing. I didn’t know when I had lost him but now he was definitely gone and I had to go and find him. He was definitely fighting or killing something which were both causes for concern, if he was randomly killing something then I would have to do something about that because I didn’t want something that was kill happy be my companion, or that he was fighting something that could possibly be much stronger than him. In that case, I really needed to get to him before I had to bring a pile of bones back.

 

“Goddamnit! Char!”

 

As I retraced my steps back towards the bridge, I kept on thinking of what could have led him off the trail. 

 

Dammit, I really need to pay attention sometimes! My attention span is like a goldfish!

 

[Warning: level 35+ monster in the area]

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me! Char!”

 

I closed the warning and opened my map again, illuminating three large red dots surrounding a green dot, which was probably Char.

 

“I could’ve done this from the start!? Wait, this isn’t the time for this, Char!”

 

Even though he showed up at random times and now had a personality and sense of humor that irritated me, he was still the first one that I had met here that had stuck with me. I wasn’t going to let him die.

 

I rushed towards the area where the dots were, which was happening right in front of me. My question was, what in the world was he fighting?

 

“Oh crap”

 

I ran past the trees and bushes before coming into a landscape that was cracked and singed. There was a clear split between the grass and the burned area, with a crack in the earth splitting the two areas cleanly.

 

[Chain Lightning]

 

“HSSSSSS!”

 

“Oh great”

 

I would say that I was just as confident with this creature as I was with the goblins, but then I’d be the biggest liar in Isekai history.

Because in front of me was my poor skeleton companion dashing through the legs of the biggest lizards I had ever seen in my life. It had a dark reddish skin with spines running down it's back and a mouth that was periodically spitting fire out to try and melt my skeleton friend.

 

STATUS    Level: 75

Species: Lava Lizard  Rank: B

Description

These lizards have managed to siege cities and castles just by themselves. Though they are individually  classified as Rank B, working together makes them a Rank A- calamity which would take at least two dozen Rank B adventurers to take down.

They spew molten lava out of their mouths periodically as well as cause tremors and earthquakes that have been known to destroy entire mountains at once. Small kingdoms near deserts and volcanoes have been lost in history due to groups of these creatures.

 


Health [1100/1200]

[/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////]

MP [600/600]

[/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////]


Strength: 120  Vitality:180  Agility:100  Sense:120  Intelligence:50


Effects Active: 

Lava Domain - as long as they are in contact with lava, they will rapidly heal all wounds

Molten Core - every hour the Lava Lizard can gain a 10% speed boost as lava is pumped at a rapid speed throughout it's body. 

 

 

"Char, why would you do this!?"

 

When I said that I wanted to test my abilities, I didn't mean with something like this! One of them would be tough enough to deal with, but three? I don't think it matters if I'm a Demon Lord or not at this point! This thing literally had more health than I did, I was so screwed.

I unfolded the wings on my back, the black, leathery wings opening up behind me. There was no way I was going to win a direct fight with them, I had to get Char out of there and run.

I experimentally flapped the wings a few times, the feeling was extremely weird since it was like two extra arms had grown out of my back but I didn't have any time to waste. 

For some reason, the monsters were actually taking a decent amount of damage from Char despite the huge level difference. He had shaved off at least 100 HP from each of them, which was many times his own. Was this because he was my summon?

I looked at the figure of Char, who looked like an ant next to the lizards. 

[Gust]

A powerful gust of wind shot out of Char's staff and hit one of the Lizards legs, making the molten lava that was it's skin part and exposing it's fleshy interior. 

[Arc]

Char then cast the electric magic he had done earlier, making the lightning hit the exposed area and cause a bit of damage before the skin was hidden once again by the lava armor. 

"Char, I can't tell if your a genius at battling or crazy."

There was no way he was doing this on accident, considering the fact that he was repeating the actions again and again while dodging fireblasts from the lizards. A normal person would have already had their skin melted off from the close proximity to the lizards but Char wasn't even flinching from the intense heat despite parts of the bone turning black from the heat.

Without wasting any time, I flapped my wings and shot straight towards the lizard that was attempting to stomp on Char. It had clearly been hurt a bit, or at least annoyed, as it was actually using proper spells instead of treating Char like a random nuisance. The fact that Char was surviving probably meant that I had a decent chance of surviving when I got near them, however, I wasn't a skeleton and therefore definitely didn't have heat resistance.

"Char, open the armor now!"

Char looked up at me rapidly flying towards the lizard, which in essence sounded very cool but in reality I actually had no control over my wings since I had tensed up my entire back which meant I was on autopilot so I really needed somewhere to crash into.

[Gust]

A small part of the leg was once again exposed and I aimed exactly at the opening, not even bothering to unsheathe my knives I just punched it right in the leg while flying at full speed.

CRACK!

"HSSSS!"

The lizards leg bent backwards and snapped as I hit it with all the force I had in me. Despite our size difference, my strength stat was much higher than the lizards and this was a perfect example of "Don't judge a book by it's cover"

The lizard the size of a mountain crashed down onto the ground, raising a dust storm around it from the impact. The orange glow that had emitted from it's skin faded, possibly because blood flow (or lava flow) had been cut off when it lost one of it's legs.

[Target is bleeding immensely]

The armor that protected the lizard had now all but faded, making the rest of it's body just as vulnerable to physical attacks as the spaces that were armor free had been.

"Alright, I don't know why you're attacking my skeleton but you can piss off!"

I flew right up on top of it's head, flying past a bit, but crash landing on the lizards head.

CRCH!

CRCH!

CRCH!

Again and again I slammed my fist into the creatures head as I heard continuous sounds of cracking, which was probably me breaking it's skull into pieces. It made sense that something this large could wipe out a normal kingdom with no problem, but it wasn't exactly smart and once the armor was gone, so was it's fire magic. It was just an overgrown lizard at this point, though I doubted that any of those kingdoms had someone with enough power to snap it's leg in two.

I kept on hitting it desperately, like a wild animal. Pounding away at it with my fists as I watched it's health bar drop

800

600

400

200

0.

[Level up!]

[Level up!]

[Level up!]...

[Obtained Title: Merciless Hunter]

Fatigue: 100

Hibernation Mode Activated


And there we go! Another day, another chapter! Also, he didn't kill this thing easily at all so don't worry, it took him all his strength to kill it and the fatigue build up will bite him back next chapter.

Also, just saying, this thing wouldn't be hard to beat with his S rank status despite it being so high level. Also, Hero's story is starting next chapter as Damon takes a nap.

 

 

13