Chapter 1 – Back from the dead
509 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The water flood came from my back and took me with it. I couldn’t do anything against this massive force of nature. I swung left, right and center. I collided with a few debris already floating around and lost consciousness.

I woke up, kinda and also not. I was in a black unwelcoming expense of an infinite size for an infinite amount of time yet at the same it was comforting and lasted but a mere moment. Maybe even shorter than a moment. I could not form a thought at all. Only witness the endless expense around me.

As fast as it appeared it also disappeared. I suddenly find myself standing opposite a beautiful blue glowing wolf that seems to have nebula’s embedded in its fur. Glowing eyes that seem to pierce any and everything but also look as gentle as a mother looking at a child. The nebula fur seems to be moving in beautiful patterns and appears to let some wisps of the nebula’s go but none actually separate from the fur.

After taking in that beautiful sight I look around me, A dark expense with glowing light points and shining cracks. Big cracks and a black hole as well. Multiple black holes, all close enough to see the bending of spacetime. A few nebulae scattered around but no stars in sight.

It suddenly hits me like a train. I am dead. I can no longer see the next episode of Tombed Dragon Raiders. No longer continue my Sci-fi-topia save. I fully break down in tears. The big wolf comes up to me and I do not even have the will to resist anything it might want to do.

The wolf curls up around me and strangely provides emotional support. I can even hear it talk in a female voice.

“It is okay to cry, you died, you can cry it all out. I will wait until you are done.”

I do not know how long I cried, but long enough to see a few black holes violently collide with some of the cracks and see the surrounding shock waves affect everything around us. Some black holes transform into nebulae, some nebulae into pulsars and neutron stars. Everything here breaks astrology as I know it. Not that I knew much astrology to begin with.

I finally calmed down and began asking about the current situation.

“Who are you? Where are we? What do you want?”

She responds, “For a name Space Doggo will do, or SD for short. Any other name is kinda useless because they come from times and languages long gone. We are in what the inflated egos...” She stops for a moment. “my bad, it is Gods, I am always too quick to insult them. What the Gods call the Beyond. An Expanse of unstable SpaceTime that is outside their domain and can kill them within seconds even when they pay attention to what is happening. What I want from you is entertainment.”

She radiates a relaxed atmosphere while we are supposedly in a place that can kill god in seconds, how strong is she?

She continues her story, “Gods are incompetent, they can only create souls while making new worlds. About one soul per meter and to be able to destroy a world they also need to place one soul per square meter. Or a remnant of a soul. When someone utterly destroys a soul or absorbs it a remnant will always be left. So the inflated egos want to keep all the souls with them so they can continue the circles of worlds. The circle of souls is maintained with a reincarnation system, this system includes deletion of memories. But it is not perfect and some souls, sometimes even literally, fly out of a corner of that system and get launched into the Beyond. Your soul was one of those. The inflated egos can only travel a small area around their domain. Not enough to find every single soul back.”

She pauses and I get this is a very interesting story but I don't really care about it.

“So how do I relate to all this? And why do I still exist if this place can even kill gods?”

She doesn't even show any annoyance to my questioning that I actually do in a kind of rude tone. She goes on with her ASMR voice that continues to relax me.

“You come in this story by annoying the inflated egos. I want you to live any life you want and possibly disrupt one or two of their plans, hopefully by accident. By existing you are a flex from me to the inflated egos. Because I let on that I can do everything they can and at much higher levels. But at the same time irritate them because I do not help them fix the leaks in the reincarnation system. You exist here and now because I gathered all the remnants of your soul, fixed it fully and made sure you have no missing memory. We can stay here for the moment because I have enough power to influence all the surroundings to make a safe space for you to exist.”

I finally stood still and took a look at myself. I looked like a ball of humanoid smoke. But somehow it did feel fully solid. I thought that was not normal but SD probably fixed that for me.

“What even are you?”

“I believe the official statement would be Eldritch, but I am so much with so many different faces and keeping so much secret that no single phrase in any possible language would be able to fully describe me. Not even those fictional languages made by and for cultivation immortals that would be able to describe everything with single characters.”

I think I get the picture a bit. An immensely powerful being has revived me from beyond the grave to piss off some other powerful beings. So what now?

“So what now? You said something about choosing a life? Is it not like one of those novels where at the end you try to still scam me by misinterpreting my words?”

She lets out a laugh. A very deep and powerful yet still feminine laugh. I guess I should not question how that is possible. The answer would probably be, “I am powerful enough for that.” Wait, can she read my mind? Is it still a good idea to keep on snuggling up to her?

“Yes I can read your mind, I can read anyone's mind. If I can’t do it I will probably fight it. You can keep on snuggling, or if you want we can go hugging. I am not attached to any form in particular. This form just demands more respect from anyone that looks at it because it just looks more dignified and powerful and mythical.” She transforms into an average looking woman, with the only exception being a wolf tail and an extra set of wolf ears on top of her head. I still can see a human pair so extra, she puts me on her lap and just hugs me from behind. This made me realize she is about 6 times my size.

“I am the size of an average human, you are small. But back to your earlier questions. What we can do now is replay or continue any games you want, fully read out the series you wanted to watch and after that come back to irritating inflated egos. And no I am not a discount genie. I will for maximum effect on the inflated egos help you get the best second life.”

She summons a giant TV screen with surround sound installation and shrinks to my size. Dumps the both of us on a good couch and we begin finishing everything I did not finish in my life.

16