Chapter 4
998 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey guys sorry for uploading so late. The chapter was already done and ready to be published, however I forgot to actually click on "Schedule" so it didn't publish. Well anyway now here you have it!

[New Quest: Evolve for your first time!(500EP)]

[Sub-Evolution available!]

-"Sub-Evolution?"

[Sub-Evolution's can upgrade the Katana by 1 sub-grade.]

-"Oh so I can evolve into a Mid-Common weapon huh?"

[Yes]

[Do you wish to Sub-Evolve?]

-"Yes!"

Suddenly I felt heat all over my katana body, which despite being very hot, didn't pain me at all. Well I mean I am a katana and therefore didn't feel pain, however I had the feeling that this heat wouldn't pain me either way. After about half a minute the heat gradually subsided.

[Quest complete: Evolve for your first time!(500EP)]

[Gained: 500EP]

-"Status."

[Name: Rai Ashni

Wielder: Erunk

Grade: Low-Common ⇒ Mid-Common

Level: 10 ⇒ 12

EP: 233.650/409.600

Attack: 292 ⇒422

Mana: 884/884 ⇒ 1262/1262

Durability: 250/250 ⇒ 365/365

Skillpoints: 27 ⇒ 44

Skills:

Universal Language(Level MAX)Appraisal(Level 2)Lightning Affinity(Level 3)Repairation(Level 2)Wielder HP Regeneration(Level 1)Telepathy(Level 1)Possess(Level 1)]

[Tutorial Quest's finished.]

[Shop unlocked!]

-"OH! That's a really big upgrade! Looks like evolution is really powerful."

-"System what is the Shop?"

[The Shop is a function from the system where you can spend your skillpoints to buy new skills.]

[Only skills which are in near price range will be shown when opening the Shop.]

-"Do I just say Shop like with Status?" 

[Yes.]

-"Shop."

[Shop:

  • Wielder stat boost: (Passive) You boost your wielder's stats. (10SP)
  • Poison Coat: (Active) You can temporarily coat your blade with poison. (30SP)
  • Core Absorption: (Active) You can absorb beast cores from a corpse without hitting the beast core. (45SP)
  • Telekinesis: (Active) You can move objects with a thought. (50SP)]

-"Wait if I buy "Telekinesis" can't I move myself? Then I wouldn't need a wielder anymore."

[Yes, however the system would recommend having a wielder to lower the risk of getting destroyed.]

-"Hmm...yes that's true but I don't want to be bound to a one-armed big goblin." I said with a hint of dissatisfaction.

[...]

-"System is there any other way to gain more skillpoints?"

[Yes. If you destroy a beast core you can gain skillpoints from them.]

-"Oh so that's why there is a "Core Absorption" skill. Well then I should probably save my points to buy "Core Absorption" instead of upgrading my other skills, so that I can get SP easier."

After I was done with that, I finally realized that we already arrived at the cave. The goblin's were furious seeing their leader in such a shape and asked what happened. He just answered boastfully about how he killed an Alpha-Direwolf who was higher level then him. The other goblin's faces showed a lot of respect towards Erunk. A female goblin quickly walked to Erunk and put some herbs on his wounds. Afterwards she bandaged his wounds with very large leaves.

The 2 other goblin's who also barely survived and were heavily injured, didn't get any attention, which made me smile wryly. 

1 week later...

It has already been a week since the fight with Lebrante, nothing much happened in this week. Erunk's wounds mostly healed but he still only had one arm. One of the 2 goblin's died from his injuries and the other one is being ignored by the other goblin's, so he will probably also die soon.

At first I wondered why they would let someone die so easily but I quickly concluded, that it's because he's now very weak. Strenght is everything for the goblin's so they don't care for weak injured goblin's. You might ask why they treated Erunk despite being heavily injured but that should be obvious...he is still stronger then any other goblin even with one arm.

AHHHGGG*

-"Hm? What's that scream?"

WHOOOOSSHH* SLAAAASH*

-"What are these sounds?"

The sounds came closer and closer until they almost reached the throne where Erunk was sitting. These sounds gave me an slightly thrilling feeling. Suddenly, from the entrance to the throne room, a ball of fire came flying onto a goblin and killing him in one hit. 

Female voice 1: "You idiot! Now those goblin's will know that we are coming."

Male voice 1: "Sorry, it's just that we are too slow and I wanted to finish this quest earlier."

Female voice 2: "You are still new, so you can't know the dangers yet, but you have to listen to me or else we are going to die! From our reports we know that this cave has a D rank mana beast, so we have to be cautious."

Male voice 1: "But with Leader here we shouldn't have any problems right?"

Female voice 1: "Yes but we shouldn't just rely on her! You need to be able to fight for yourself."

From their conversation I could understand what they're hear for. Obviously they want to exterminate the goblin's for some quest and from the way their talking it doesn't seem like it's their first time doing this. 

-"Well is that now good or bad for me? I mean I wanted to get out from here but I don't know what will happen if I become their weapon. They will probably just sell me or use me themselves. Either way it should be better then being a hobgoblin's weapon."

I concluded that it would be best if they could win against Erunk and use me themselves. Also even if they sell me it should be better then here, in a dark cave full of goblin's.

Anyway, while I was busy thinking to thinking to myself the intruders finally came into the throne room. There were 5 people, 3 of them male and 2 female. I quickly began appraising them.

-"Appraisal."

I first appraised a 2 meter tall man with grey skin and a horn, where his nose should normally be. He had a sturdy and muscular build which slightly reminded me of a rhino. His black hair and grey eyes, devoid of emotion, gave him a gloomy look. In one hand he held a 150cm big shield, which was made of a combination of grey and black plates and in his other hand he held a black axe, which is full of blue blood, therefore looked very imposing.

[Name: Masa

Race: Demi-Rhino Lv22

Job: Guardian

Magic Element: Earth Magic

HP:1321/1321 - MP:166/166 - Strenght: 94 - Agility: 55 - Stamina: 67]

-"System why can't I see his skills? Is it because he isn't a mana beast?"

[No. Only mana beasts posses abilities. Everything that a "non-mana beast" can do, are done with their magic.]

-"I don't really get it can you explain it better?"

[Yes. Let's say a "non-mana beast" makes a ball of fire using his magic. Normally you would then gain the skill "Fireball" as a mana beast however "non-mana beast's" wouldn't get skills related to their element magic. They would have to make a ball of fire using magic every time they wanted to use a "Fireball" instead of just using the skill "Fireball". This has it's pros and cons. "Non-mana beasts" have to use more concentration and mana to use the same skills as mana beasts. However, mana beasts are restricted in their skill usage since they can't form magic skills only use them. Therefore a "non-magic beasts" can use a much, much larger variety of attacks compared to mana beasts.]

-"Ah okay now I get it. So basically mana beasts can only use their own skills, which makes them better at using them, while "non-mana beasts" can use everything related to their element but have to learn it on their own and can't use them as efficent as mana beasts."

[Correct.]

-"Okay back to appraising then."

Next I appraised a 160cm small girl with short black hair. She had completely black eyes, which looked very cold and sinister. She wore an black outfit with a blue-black robe covering most of her face and her entire back. Her entire body was basically "leaking" small shadows. She wielded a small one edged sword, which also had small shadows "leaking" out of it.

[Name: Scarlet

Race: Shade Lv24

Job: Shadow Assassin

Magic Element: Shadow Magic, Lightning Magic

HP:386/386 - MP:366/366 - Strenght: 68 - Agility: 389 - Stamina: 73]

After her I looked towards an elf and started appraising her. The elf had beautiful, long blond hair and jade-like eyes. Her ears were long and sharp, basically how you would imagine a elf ear. She wore a green top which didn't cover her sleeves and brown pants with a small bag tied to it. She wielded a completely white bow with green runes on it.

[Name: Naesala

Race: Elf Lv20

Job: Magical Archer

Magic Element: Air Magic

HP:453/453 - MP:442/442 - Strenght: 34 - Agility: 212 - Stamina: 157]

Next to her was a male human who wielded a sword. He had a pretty average face with a good build body. He wore a blue shirt which complimented his blue eyes. He had short blonde hair, with purple stripes in them. His sword's blade had normal iron colours, however his hilt was a mixture of black and purple.

[Name: Ian

Race: Human Lv22

Job: Magical Swordsman

Magic Element: Gravity Magic

HP: 724/724 - MP: 217/217 - Strenght: 307 - Agility: 137 - Stamina: 144]

The last one I appraised was a human-elf mix who had one jade-like eye and one brown eye. He short had brown hair and a brown staff made of wood. He looked very stern and judging. He wore a completely brown outfit with a pointy black hat.

[Name: Engaram

Race: Half-Elf Lv23

Job: Magician

Magic Element: Fire Magic

HP: 535/535 - MP:1226/1226 - Strenght: 42 - Agility: 91 - Stamina: 87]

-"Hmm these people look like a pretty strong team. They should easily be able to kill Erunk."

"Oh look there he is! The D-Rank mana beasts!" Engaram yells as he looks at Erunk.

 

 

 

16