Familiar Yet Unfamiliar World
2.2k 1 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within dirty alleyways away from the noisy street, a strange portal suddenly appeared out of nothing. The black cat that has been playing with an empty plastic bag suddenly turned around and look at the strange portal with curiosity. It trembled when it feel a mysterious aura from deep within the portal causing it to hiss before fleeing to a dark corner until it disappeared completely.

A long white-haired man with a mature and serene aura walks out of the portal and began to calmly assess his surrounding with his sharp golden eyes. With just a casual glance, he quickly figured out where his location is. It seemed to be Japan, yet he also noticed that there was something strange about this world. It piqued his interest. 

He knew before he stepped into the portal there's a very low probability that he would get it right the first time since he didn't know the correct coordinate to his previous world, Earth. Still, this world looks almost no different from his previous world to a high degree that it surprised him, yet it felt unfamiliar at the same time. 

The reason why he felt it unfamiliar was that he sensed almost everyone in the city have some sort of strange power dwells within their bodies. It's like he wasn't looking at a human, rather, a unique monster born with a special ability like in the cultivation world. They certainly looked humanoid enough for him to think of them of the same race as him, but the thing within them puzzled him. 

He was curious. How is such a thing possible? To be blessed with special power at such a young age, the human of this world is truly fortunate. He couldn't help but wonder on which basis did their power come from? Is there a rule that one must abide by? Though his age amounts to four digits, his curiosity is still like that of a child upon learning that he could use magic if he practiced. If possible, he wanted to acquire one for himself. It never hurts to gain more trump cards.

No, he needs to focus on his priority—and that is to get back home. It's a pity, but his wish to return home is stronger than his desire to gain strength. He slowly raise his hand and snapped his finger, yet nothing happened as there was only silence followed after. He tilted his head with a question mark above his head, he was confused at first why didn't the portal appear before him, but upon further inspection, he sighed in disappointment. 

It seemed that he had exhausted a third of his Qi reserve in his dantian after opening the first portal to this world. It's given that the portal couldn't be open again without sufficient Qi to be paid. As an Immortal, he should have a lot of Qi, a monstrous amount of them. But to open a portal to a whole new world, it didn't surprise him a bit that it also cost just as much. 

If his calculation is right, it would take him a few years before he could open another portal. Fortunately, this world also has a huge amount of Qi in the environment yet it is still incomparable to some of the most prestigious clans in the cultivation world. Though, it is more than enough. At the very least, he can turn the situation to his advantage, he can use this time to get accustomed to his newfound power which fortunately was usable enough to be of use even without Qi.

Boom!

The sounds of the explosion were hundred of meters away from his location, yet he could still hear them fairly well despite him restraining his otherwise abnormal hearing. People might think being able to listen to the conversation that is a kilometer away so well sounds cool, but in reality, it's nothing but torture. Although someone like him doesn't require sleep as he is always in top condition, that didn't mean he was okay with it. As someone who loves taking a nap at school while the class was in season, he sees it differently than the usual cultivators.

Whenever time allows him, he will certainly slumber into the dreamland as it is, after all, one of his favorite past times. So when he realized how powerful his hearing and the other senses have become as he levels higher in cultivation, he determinedly decided to put a seal on it. Without the seal, he won't be able to enjoy a peaceful sleep. That's the only thing left of the old him that could maintain the humanity inside of him.

Unless necessary, he would never take off the seal. 

Since he was already curious about the power that dwells within the human of this world, he decided to take a small stroll toward the explosion he had just heard and observed from the back like one of the people in the background. He needs to gather some information first before showing off his power in public to see whether it poses a threat to him as he is, if not, he wouldn't mind providing them a teaching service of the way of cultivation. 

A while later, when he arrived at the location, he looked up in surprise and was quickly followed by nostalgia as he recalled one of the deepest parts of his memories. Back when he was a high school student, he was a manga/comic addict. He especially loves reading the superhero genre. He couldn't remember much after so long, yet he remembered the giant girl ahead of him, he was quite indebted to her when he was a teenager, she was called Mount Lady—that was her superhero name. 

There and then, he finally understood what kind of world this is. If he recalled correctly, of the planet population, around 80% have developed unique abilities, or 'individualities' called 'quirks.' What was once extraordinary became ordinary. Yes, this is none other than the world of My Hero Academia. It appears he didn't just walk into an alternative world, but that of fiction. It has turned out a lot more interesting than his initial thought.

61