Feasible Future
1.8k 2 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why am I the only one getting berated?" The boy mumble under his breath. He does understand that his action was reckless and suicidal even, but what can he do when his legs move by themselves? He wishes he wasn't born quirkless, why was he the only kid in the entire neighborhood without a quirk? It's like he was cursed, so he thought.

Although his family quirk wasn't that strong, they still have one, both of them, so why was it that it seems that he neither gain any of their genes? He didn't want to sound ungrateful, but sometimes he did feel like the world is cruel. Even Allmight, a number 1 hero he admires also suffered a heavy injury to his abdomen to the point he could only be a hero for a short period of time. Someone as great as him being the symbol of Peace with that injury seems like a cruel joke, what if he couldn't turn to his hero mode while there was someone in need of help right in front of him?

Indeed, he knows the world of Pro heroes is just as harsh, but for him as a quirkless wanting to be one of them seems even more impossible than ever now. Could he achieve his dream with that mindset? No, he shouldn't give up just yet! Even a quirkless like him could certainly provide some kind of help, so the only thing is for him to figure it out.

Speaking of Allmight, he also wanted to sincerely apologize to him, maybe he could leave a message on his homepage later. 

"Deku!" Suddenly, he was woken up by the shout all familiar to him from right behind him. He turned around with a wry smile, as has expected, there it was, his childhood friend and also someone who often bullied him for his dream.

"I...I never asked to be saved, least of all by you! In fact, you didn't save me, right?! I did it all alone! I won't let a quirkless, worthless little rodent like you look down on me! You think I owe you some kind of favor?! Don't you fucking dare looking down on me, you shitty nerd, go it?!" After finishing what he wanted to say, he turned around and leave without as much waiting for the boy to reply. But only a few steps later, he suddenly slipped on literally nothing. He then turned back and glared at him as if blaming him before walking away.

But he certainly got that right. Even though he recklessly rushes toward the villain trying to save him, in the end, his effort only amounts to nothing, nor did it have any effect if at all. 'Perhaps I should look another way. Maybe that way I can finally focus on a feasible future for me,' so the boy thought. 

"For I am here!" Suddenly, just as shocking as his first appearance, the number 1 hero appeared right in front of the boy in such a comical way. 

"Wha—" the boy was both surprised and a bit excited, he couldn't help it, Allmight is still his idol that he admires and looked up to. But just as he thought the latter come alone, another person walked into his view. It was a man taller than him, maybe around Allmight height, he also has a long white hair fluttering under the whim of the wind. The man have a very calming aura surrounding him that makes anyone relax if they were around him, even the boy can feel it.

"Can you please not do that when I'm with you? I kind of get second-handed embarrassment here," so the man said yet there wasn't any change of expression on his face which implied he was joking. When the man turned his eyes toward him, the boy feel like the latter immediately saw through him for everything there is, including all his secret. It was a strange and very uncomfortable feeling. So when the man looked away, the boy sighed in relief.

"Hahaha, sorry about that," the way Allmight reacted seems to indicated they knew each other, but the boy has never seen such a man in his life. And certainly, it wasn't on his dream book either, otherwise he would've remember a man with such a striking details.

"A-Allmight?! What are you doing here? Weren't you surrounded by the press? And...who is this?"

"Giving them the slip is as easy as pie, for I am Allmight!" So he responded while flexing his muscular body, it appears he was quite happy for some reason, then he turned his sight to his right and continue, "this man here is Zhang Yu, he is a...cultivator? Well, something like a martial artist or so he says."

"Martial artist? But he didn't look at all impressive. Don't get me wrong, he just doesn't give off such an impression, rather he looks just like an ordinary person. Is he perhaps a quirkless? No one would call themselves a martial artist if they have a quirk since most people like to flaunt their quirk more than anything. But if that's not the case, maybe he—" the boy suddenly starts mumbling to himself as if he's analyzing the mysterious of the world with a serious expression on his face. Allmight was dumbfounded, he didn't expect the kid to be such an eccentric boy. 

Only when the white-haired man sighed and then shake him before saying, "Alright, kid, back to Earth. You really like to talk to yourself a lot, huh?" Only then did the boy finally break out of his small world. 

"O-Oh, sorry. It's my bad habit, hehe"

"Anyway kid, listen to Allmight, he got something to say to you," then the white-haired man separates from the two which creates a bit of distance so that he won't be able to listen to their conversation, or at least that's what he tried to convey to them. Even if he was a hundred meters away from their location, he could still locate them and hear their voice as if they were right next to his ears. But even if they knew they won't have to worry as he had long put restrictions on his otherwise abnormal hearing.

Additionally, he already knows what's going to happen when he left the two. Although Allmight has regained his strength back without worrying that he might relapse to his weakened figure, it appears it didn't change his thought on passing his power to the kid. So, even though he had changed such important detail, the plot doesn't seem to be affected at all. 

Chapter 8 is out at my Patreon!

Check out my Patreon

57