Lies
1.5k 11 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Thanks for the support, Byakoo!

"Deal," the girl quickly said as if afraid he will pull back from his agreement. She then stood up and browse into the cabinet searching for something. Once she find a piece of paper, she immediately wrote a few things down before handing it over to him. He merely glance at it and immediately concluded that it is a document for the deal they spoke about, the only thing it requires was his signature to finalize the deal.

The product price is exactly 3 million, the taxes were paid on the store's behalf, fortunately, she still had some empathy in her. If the price were in US Dollars, that will be around 27k, which is a lot for some, but nowhere enough to accomplish his goal. Nonetheless, it is certainly a big amount of number which is good for the investment part at the very least.

Initially, he planned to sell two with the same property but the second one being a bracelet, but judging from her reaction, he believed it is wiser to hold himself back. If one were to equip both of them, which is certainly possible as there isn't any restriction that said otherwise, their strength will double. Perhaps if he needs more money in the future, he might return to this store if nothing else happened on his way home.

When she saw his signature on the paper, her eyes gleamed over. She couldn't believe she had managed to convince him to sell at her for such an affordable price. She can't wait to notify her father of her greatest work yet.

"It was good doing business with you. I don't need to wait like any other store and all I need to do is to sign a piece of paper," so he said before pausing and glancing her way, he then continue, "being a daughter of a successful jewelry store is quite something, huh."

"...what gives away?" 

"Too many to count. This supposedly private room for example, the furniture and decoration are a bit too exaggerated to be a guest room, I won't be surprised if someone tells me this is actually the room where the owner sits and managed his business."

"Another thing to note, you made the decision on the spot. You didn't take a single break to talk to your higher-up at all which explained that your position might be much higher than what others seem to think and thus, your horrible acting. Well, it isn't hard if one naturally paid attention."

She slumped herself back to the sofa with her head down, though, if one looked closer at her ears, they could see it slowly turning red which is clear that she was embarrassed. Because she was very enthusiastic about the necklace as she could tell its true value with her quirk, she had thrown half of her acting out of the window. She thought if she were to leave him with some time to consider, he might take back his words over something minor. She was afraid of that happening. Although rare, there are eccentric people like that.

Now that the secret is out, she doesn't need to put up with it anymore as she pulls out her phone from her pocket before calling her father at home. Her father had been thinking of leaving the business for her to inherit, that was why she was here instead of her father. Her quirk makes it impossible for people to trick her unless the other party also has a quirk similar to her. She really had been training hard with her quirk so that she won't suffer a loss from such a case.

Her father trusted her that she could handle his business, so just like any child out there in the world, of course she didn't want to disappoint her father, and she also wanted him to praise her good work. That was why she couldn't contain her giddiness while waiting for the other party to answer her call. She couldn't wait to tell him the good news.

"Good evening, my precious daughter? Do you need some help from your daddy?" The voice of an old gentleman could be heard from the other end of the line, but the sound from her smartphone was loud enough for a person in front of him to hear it clear as day. She blushed as she quickly stood up and leave the room. She didn't want her father to embarrass her further in front of her client.

It took around fifteen minutes before she calmly stepped into the room again. She then apologizes for wasting so much of his time before asking if he could free up some of his time until her father arrives as the latter seems interested in talking to him. He didn't see any problem with that, plus, it would be great if he could deepen their relationship for the foreseeable business deal in the future. 

When he saw the owner of the jewelry store, he couldn't help but compare him to the young woman next to him. The two didn't seem to have any resemblance to each other one bit, his daughter likely takes after her mother so he thought. As if he understood what the other party was thinking, he smiles before saying, "People often say that we don't resemble each other at all, I do hear of that a lot."

"I apologize, I didn't mean—" "it is fine, I'm actually glad she didn't inherit my genes although it pains me to say that, still, I'm thankful she inherited the genes of my love one."

"Anyway, from what I gathered from my daughter, you decided to sell off such a precious necklace, may I ask why? Of course if you don't want to say it, I won't press on, I'm just curious."

"No, it is not a problem at all. Since we might have more deals in the foreseeable future, I might as well expose some of the lies I told her, think of it as a sign of trust if you will," he said with a mysterious smile. From what he gathered and discern, the two were in a quite harmonious relationship as a family. 

He believed her father would never risk harming the client that her daughter was tasked for if he truly cares for her. If someone didn't mind selling such a valuable item, at least in her father's view, there's no way he believe the client was just an ordinary person. As an experienced businessman, he has quite a keen sight which is much sharper than his daughter. If he didn't realize that yet, he wouldn't be here trying to gather more information from the client. He didn't want to end up stirring the hornet nest by accident.

Chapter 15 is out on Patreon!

44