Observation
819 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the long break, had been busy with IRL. Shit just stressed me out sometimes that I have no time to write.

The entire time when the students were complaining their legs hurts when the trial required them to put up a horse stance, someone had been watching them from above, invisible. Of course it's none other than Zhang Yu, after all, he was the one who proposed to change the trials. If he recalled, the students were physically weak. Once their quirk was stolen or somehow restricted by something, they became a sitting duck waiting to be slaughtered. They relied on their power too heavily, understandable enough as it's quite rare to find a quirk that can cancel another quirk like Aizawa's "Eraser."

And the reason why he as a cultivator could be affected by it was unknown, he doesn't have enough information as of yet. Though rather than 'canceling' him like others, Aizawa's "Eraser" quirk might quite possibly erase his seals instead, which would result in the opposite of weakening. Only he could release the seals on himself, or at least that was the case, but maybe he was affected by the world rules when he walked out of the portal, hence, it's also possible for a quirk to do the job.

And following that train of thought, is there any other quirk that could possibly affect him like Aizawa's "Eraser"? Maybe there's even a quirk that could kill the immortal him. 

He was getting a bit sidetracked. Although those were just as important, he had something else to think about at the moment. Plus, it isn't like he hadn't done anything for himself. With that said, the reason he was floating up in the air, silently observing the students below like a God looking at ants, was none other than scouting for a potential candidate. If they don't even have the patience to do something as simple as horse stance, they aren't worth teaching. 

As expected of the elite academy, there were a few that attracted his attention. He needs to take a closer look to know for sure, but as of yet, they do have potential. For example, the boy with a burned mark on the left side of his face, his calm demeanor, and his quirk are quite interesting. Although he had shown to everyone that his quirk was an ice manipulation, Zhang Yu had a feeling the boy had his secret. 

Maybe he has a second quirk? It's quite possible if he thinks of Allmight. Though chances for that are quite low, perhaps he could also control heat which makes it cold and fire? The thought of it amused him. Furthermore, it appears his experience in life seems to suggest the latter are closer to the truth than just a simple assumption. As to why the boy didn't show his full capabilities, the burned mark on his face might be a hint.

After all, the boy seems to be a person with a story to tell.

Then there's a girl with a creation type of quirk. She could create any non-living material/object from her exposed skin by transforming the molecular structure of her fat cells. In order to create something, she needs to understand the molecular structure of what the material/object is made of. So, long story short, she can create anything so long as she understood them. It makes perfect sense that she gives off that impression of someone who's serious with their study, something like a teacher's pet as one might say.

Her physique isn't so bad either. There are few traces of solid muscle on her exposed skin. Perhaps it's the wisdom she earned from the various studies that tell her that there may be a day that her body might be the only defense left if she couldn't create items on time. 

He let out a sigh when her figure suddenly overlapped with someone familiar. The girl in mind was also serious in cultivation, rather, that might be the only thing inside her mind. She was a dirty orphan he picked up on his travels, something he did out of whim. He only needed her to carry some of his stuff, that was the only reason. Her talent was average at most, but she was without a doubt a hardworking girl. She knew that very well, but she didn't submit to her fate like everyone else and choose to fight against it.

At that time, his spirit received a heavy blow, it was to a point he thought of giving up finding a way back to his previous world. He couldn't see the path as clearly as he used to. But upon seeing someone so young stubbornly training with only one goal in mind, and that is to overturn her fate. Somehow, it reminds him of when he first found himself in the dog-eat-dog world. He admires her resolution at the time and still is when he occasionally recalled the time he spend with her, just like now.

Perhaps, if it wasn't for her, he wouldn't be here. 

Back to the topic, there were really all kinds of quirks. One young boy didn't even look human, he has a crow head and supposedly controls something called dark shadow that gets weaker under the light source. Heck, even something as shooting a laser from one navel isn't considered weird at all. But then again, this is a world that had progressed so much in a decade that they now consider extraordinary as ordinary. Perhaps, society won't even be surprised if one day someone out there gave birth to an actual monster.

Overall, there were quite a few that piqued his interest. The kid that seems to hold resentment against Midoriya boy surprisingly has a good talent, though his personality is a bit problematic. That isn't to say he couldn't handle it, at most, it will be troublesome. Thinking of it, he couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. Just like Allmight, he wasn't supposed to appear in front of the student just yet. The students will be in for a surprise.

He looks forward to meeting them soon, especially how far he can unleash their potential. The students below suddenly feel chills all over their bodies for some inexplicable reason. They feel like they had triggered something they shouldn't, but they also didn't completely understand what had occurred. Only time will tell.

Join the Patreon and you can read up to 7 advanced chapters!

29