Chapter 2: Even worse than a worm
225 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter 2: Even worse than a worm]

...

*Rustle...*

"Wee..."

*Rustle...*

"Dle..."

*Rustle...*

"Hmm?"

I woke up to the sound of something moving. As my eyes opened to look around me to identify what was making so much noise, I noticed that I was lying on what seemed to be the branch of a gigantic tree... Or was I the small one instead?

Soon, memories of what had happened before losing my conscience appeared on my mind and made me shiver in terror of almost being eaten by a stinky Spearow. Startled, I looked around to see if I was about to become the food of that Spearow's babies or something similar. However, I didn't see any nest or anything of the sort on this tree, so it was safe to say that I had somehow escaped from him... Maybe.

*Rustle...*

"What in the world is making so much noise...?"

As I turned to look warily at whatever was making such noise, I became startled as I saw a dark figure of my same size move through the leaves of the tree above me.

"Wee?!"

Letting out a startled sound, I fell on my buttocks (or at least something similar to buttocks) and looked with shock at what was eating the leaves of the tree calmly without even paying attention to me. It had a brilliant orange color on its skin, a very big and round pink nose that made it look slightly derpy, and a shiny and dangerous-looking spike coming out straight from its forehead.

Some may say I'm a scaredy-cat from getting scared by such a derpy-looking creature, but in my defense, seeing an enormous caterpillar of a similar size to mine wasn't exactly the most pleasing thing in the world. After all, I had yet to understand that I was now, in fact, a caterpillar-like that guy as well.

Soon, as I looked into its eyes, a small window opened on the corner of my eyes and showed every detail related to him.

[No name] LvL: 3

Race: Weedle

Male

Hp: 100% [Healthy]
-STATS-  
Attack 7
Defense 7
Special Attack 5
Special Defense 6
Speed 8
 Special Skill:  -None-

It was rather weak compared to that bird. However, this guy was still Level 3, so I guess this was to be expected. 

Talking about levels... What level am I? I was certainly weaker than that bird, so I guess there's nothing much to expect anyways.

*Tap*

*Tap*

*Tap*

Suddenly, as I was still lost in my thoughts looking at that Weedle, I heard some steps coming from the branch above me, and soon, an enormous figure descended from there and landed directly on the branch I was stepping on.

"Weeedlee!!"

Letting out another startled scream, I jumped out of fright and almost fell from the branch. I feel like everyone today is trying to make me die of a heart attack!

In front of me, there was an enormous and terrifying bee who had blades instead of hands and had a murderous and intimidating presence around it. I was certainly not much a fan of bugs, so seeing such an enormous bee was quite a shock for me. Fortunately for my heart, this guy was walking instead of flying. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to resist the shock of seeing such an enormous bug flying around me... Not that it wasn't terrifying to watch it walk towards me.

Am I getting too scared here? Well, yeah. But it's completely normal since it's the first time I've met such enormous creatures... Or well, I'm the tiny one though...

"You woke up, huh? We brought you back after you got almost killed by one of those disgusting birds. Why didn't you stay on our territory? You are lucky we managed to hear your scream and arrive before you got yourself killed"

Nor was I accustomed enough to hear a bee say -*bzzzzz, bzzzzz*- and understand him perfectly... How does this even work?

As I looked into his eyes, another screen appeared on the corner of my vision and showed me the status of what I supposed was a Beedrill.

[No name] LvL: 12

Race: Beedrill

Male

Hp: 100% [Healthy]
-STATS-  
Attack 31
Defense 17
Special Attack 16
Special Defense 26
Speed 25
 Special Skill:  -None-

Urgh... Even this guy would deal with that bird considering his stats, huh? Well, considering the type disadvantage, maybe it would be an even fight...

Shrugging the screen aside, I looked at the Bedrill once again and replied hurriedly. Nothing good will come from ignoring a guy of six times my size and blades for arms...

"I... Uh, I don't remember... I'm having some memory problems..."

The Beedrill in front of me frowned when he heard my words. Did I say something bad? 

However, soon he turned to look away and started rummaging through the tree leaves before he then brought back a pack of leaves and placed them in front of me.

"...?" Weedle

"..." Beedrill

Seeing me not move even when he placed the leaves in front of me for some reason, the Beedrill gestured me to move towards the leaves with his head.

What does he want me to do...? Ah, I know, it's a bed!

Finally understanding his intentions, I rapidly walked towards the pack of leaves and lay down on it somewhat uncomfortable. However, it was still somewhat more comfortable than lying on the branch.

"..." Beedrill

"..." Weedle

"... What the heck are you doing? Eat it, otherwise, you will never evolve" Furrowing his eyebrows, the Beedrill looked at me as if he was looking at a failure, however, he still spoke to me with patience and calmly crossed his arms as if waiting for me to do it.

"Eat... this?" Hearing what he said, I got up and pointed towards the pack of leaves with a baffled expression of my face. To which he nodded, albeit with a helpless expression on his face.

Do I have to eat darn leaves...? Urgh... Well, who knows, maybe my tastebuds are different and make this extremely delicious?

*Munch*

*Munch*

*Munch*

...

It tastes like grass...

°

°

°

-Two days after I somehow became a Weedle...

Life hasn't been looking great... I mean, passing from living a rather peaceful life full of responsibilities and such, to a now wild and dangerous "law of the jungle" based lifestyle didn't have exactly what I could say a promising future... At most, I would become the food of someone else while sleeping.

Fortunately for me, I was now living inside a Beedrill territory, so the predators in this place were close to none... However, for how long will that last? Animals need to eat, and sometimes desperate situations need desperate measures.

Why am I being so pessimistic, you say? Yes, many people would become very excited about this situation. You have become a creature that can become incredibly strong, and you can stand on top of the world with this strength... or something like that. I would be excited as well... If it wasn't because of what I discovered a day ago...

°

°

°

Flashback...

"Damn I'm thirsty... At least the water isn't that dirty around here, so I'm not having many problems drinking it..."

I slowly crawled in an awkward way towards a small puddle of water on the ground where many other Weedles were drinking peacefully, completely unconcerned about their surroundings.

None of them seemed to care about talking. Probably because their intelligence and sentience would further develop once they evolved. It made me understand why that Spearow and Beedrill looked at me strangely when I spoke to them, after all, it seems like the Weedles are quite asocial until they evolve... Only speaking when they encounter danger.

*Gulp Gulp*

As I began drinking water, I started considering my current options for living in this world.

My first option was to live in the wilderness and survive on my own, attaining the peak of strength and becoming a living god in this world. Not to mention that this option was full of delusions from someone tired of living, what were the chances of becoming that, being only a simple and fragile Beedrill. Sure, becoming the strongest was something very appealing, but how much effort would that take? Not to mention, was it even possible?

The second option was to become the Pokemon of someone and live a luxurious life in the city... It was to say that as appealing as it sounded, it was equally as bad as the previous one. What if I got captured by one of those Pokemon mistreaters that get angry at every single bad thing you do? Not to mention the fact that you have to become the battle dog of someone just because he wants to. What about your dreams and aspirations? They go all straight to the trash because you are now a living battle machine that has to attain your trainer the championship.

Only if I got under the hands of someone good would I live a good life... But honestly speaking, this world seems to be a lot more realistic than the one from the games. As such, it's obvious that humans are greedy and have several other defects in this world as well. What are the chances that someone good will actually capture this handsome Weedle?

Almost zero...

Maybe working under a Pokemon performer was an option...? No, I'm horrible at Dancing. No one would want me to perform along with them...

*Sigh*

"Everything has a price. Being too handsome has cost me the talent of dancing... What a shame... Hmm?"

As I lamented my excess of handsomeness, I noticed that the water below me was reflecting my face. It didn't really have any exaggerated difference from the other Weedles, the only difference being that the spike on my head had a more purplish color rather than silver like the ones from the other Weedles.

It was only after I looked into my eyes, that I finally discovered a way to see my own status.

[No name] LvL: 1 (13%)

Race: Weedle

Male

Hp: 100% [Healthy]
-STATS-  
Attack 3
Defense 2
Special Attack 2
Special Defense 2
Speed 3
 Special Skill:

Infinite Potential (SSS+)

I'm rather weak, huh?

As I glanced with a discouraged expression at the difference in the status of all the other Pokemon I have seen compared to mine, I noticed the small section of Special Skill and felt my own heart stir in excitement.

"HAHAHAHA, IT'S TIME TO BECOME A LIVING GOD"

As I laughed out loud, much to the confusion of the other Weedles, I tapped over the [Infinite potential] Skill and opened its description excited about what kind of power did this skill grant. 

I mean, it was pretty obvious because of the name, but checking wasn't a bad idea either. 

Infinite Potential

Rank [SSS+]

Skill Effect: Grants the body of the host unlimited potential. Things that may be impossible to others because of their biological limitations are completely possible for you. The only thing that matters is Effort!!

It was so awesome!!!

Or not...

Disadvantage: You grow twice as slow as your peers

...

"Ahem, as I was saying, it's time to not become a living god..."

Flashback End...

°

°

°

And that's my current situation.

You may say that the only thing that I need to do is put in my most effort and I will become unmatched in no time, right?

Hmph, well compare my status to that of a newborn Weedle, and tell me how the heck am I supposed to defeat other Pokemon with how weak I am.

This is the average status of a Weedle

[No name] LvL: 1

Race: Weedle

Male

Hp: 100% [Healthy]
-STATS-  
Attack 5
Defense 5
Special Attack 4
Special Defense 6
Speed 6
 Special Skill:  -None-

 

And this is mine...

[No name] LvL: 1 (13%)

Race: Weedle

Male

Hp: 100% [Healthy]
-STATS-  
Attack 3
Defense 2
Special Attack 2
Special Defense 2
Speed 3
 Special Skill:

Infinite Potential (SSS+)

My stats are half of a newborn Weedle! Not to mention defeating Pokemon, how long will it take for me to actually evolve?!

Living in the Wilderness had its level of difficulty risen over 20 times! 

Living with a Pokemon trainer? Who the heck wants a Weedle that grows twice as slow as other Weedles?!

*Sigh...*

My handsomeness must be a curse or something. How can I have such bad luck...?

Well whatever, even if a Weedle does not defeat any enemy during its lifetime, it will still evolve by eating. So all I need to do is to eat, eat, and eat until I finally reach the required level for evolving. It's not like I need to fight. Besides, there's a giant forest around me, so there's plenty of food, and I'm inside the Beedrill territory, so there are no predators that endanger my life.

I'll just spend my time here until I evolve and can start leveling up by defeating weak guys. Nothing bad will happen until then... Right?

...


I wouldn't be so sure about that, little Weedle... There sure are some crazy fucks out there that create problems for the sake of having a plot for their stories...

Not me, of course... of course...

10