Chapter 2
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rio opened up his eyes and rubbed his head as a headache slowly vanished.

"What is happening?"

He gets up from the ground and looks at the clock on the wall.

"Eleven pm?!?"

Rio got back from work around one in the afternoon. That means Rio was unconscious for ten hours.

"What even happened? The last thing I remember is pressing the awakening button."

Rio shook his head once more before opening his stats menu.

Congratulations on activating your Innate Ability!
Please select your class!

"Class? What?"

Before he could question more, another panel appeared in front of him.

Guardian Duelist Ravager Brawler Ronin Holy Sword Lancer Grenadier
Gunslinger Ranger Shinobi Wizard Sorcerer Bard Reaper Star Caller

"What? That is so many… Also, why is the last one greyed out?"

Rio presses the last option and sees a panel appear in front of him. However, unlike before, this panel is colored red.

WARNING!
The only one that can use this class is a woman. Do you want to switch your gender?
Y/N

Without even thinking twice, Rio quickly pressed the no button and saw the panel disappear. After seeing the option disappear, Rio quickly checks his little Rio. Seeing that his little son was still where it needed to be, he released a relief breath.

"Fuuuh. That option is really dangerous. I almost lost my little son."

Rio then pressed the class one by one and read the description of the class. After a few minutes of reading, Rio made a decision.

"I really want to take the Ravager and Holy Sword class, but I already registered as a long-ranged hunter in the database, which means that I cannot take a close combat class. That means Guardian, Duelist, Ravager, Brawler, Ronin, Holy Sword, and Lancer are out of the window. I don't want to get attention from the Hunter Associate. That means leaving eight more classes."

Rio looks at the classes once again and thinks for another five minutes. There are three options that he can take. Full long-range attack, Semi-Support, and lastly, fully support class.

Grenadier, Ranger, Wizard, and Shinobi are in the full long-range attack option. Gunslinger, Sorcerer, and Reaper are in the hybrid section. Lastly, Bard is in the support section.

"Urgh. This is hard. I really want to take the attacker class, but the job prospects in that class are not good. There are already too many long-ranged attack hunters in the field, and that only leaves me with the last four."

Gunslinger
Single Target: ★★ Area of Effect: ★★ Defensive: ★
Evasive:★★ Heal: - Support: ★★
Sorcerer
Single Target: ★★ Area of Effect: ★ Defensive: ★
Evasive: ★★ Heal: ★ Support: ★★★
Reaper
Single Target: ★★ Area of Effect: ★★ Defensive: ★★
Evasive: ★ Heal: ★ Support: ★★
Bard
Single Target: ★ Area of Effect: ★ Defensive: ★
Evasive: ★ Heal: ★★★ Support: ★★★

"All of those classes have at least some support skill or spell. However, I don't know what kind of support skill it was. From the description, Gunslinger's support skill is a trap skill. Sorcerer and Reaper support skill is debuff and buff skill while bard… well, that class is full Support and healing skill."

"I really want to choose the reaper as it has summoning skill, but it also says that this class makes a pact with the devil. I don't want to know what kind of payment I need to make. So, pass. Gunslinger also no no. I don't want to give an explanation of how my gun works in the dungeon. That leaves Bard and Sorcerer."

After a few seconds, Rio nodded his head and pressed the class he wanted.

Congratulations! You are now a Sorcerer
Complete the character-building to receive your reward

"There's more?"

Select your Eidolon

"Wait. Wait. Wait. What is Eidolon?"

|Hailing from the heavenly realm of the Aura Kingdom or the dread realm Pandemonium, Eidolons are powerful spirits that bond with Envoys of Gaia who call for their aid. Eidolons are an incredibly diverse bunch, each one carrying his/her own unique story, personality, and awe-inspiring powers. However, the one thing that they all have in common is their unbreakable loyalty to the Envoy to whom they are bonded. Together, an Envoy of Gaia and their trusted Eidolon partner have the potential to be the most formidable force in all of Terra.|

The system explanation caused Rio to be even more confused.

"Heavenly realm of Aura Kingdom? Is that heaven? And if that is heaven, then the realm of Pandemonium is hell, right?"

Rio waits for the system to answer his question, but after waiting for a few seconds, he knows that the system will not answer his question. With a sigh, Rio took a look at the Eidolon on the list.

Serif
Single Target: ★★★  Area of Effect: ★ |Defensive: ★★★|
Evasive: ★★ Heal: - Support: - 
Merrilee
Single Target: ★ Area of Effect: -  Defensive: ★★
Evasive: ★ Heal: ★★★ Support: ★★
Grimm
Single Target: ★★ Area of Effect: ★★ Defensive: ★★
Evasive: ★ Heal: - Support: ★
Alessa
Single Target: ★★ Area of Effect: ★★ Defensive: ★
Evasive: ★★★ Heal: - Support: ★

Rio looks at the option he has before saying.

"I guess I will take Merrilee. She is a healer and has good enough defense in case she gets attacked. Hmmm, I could take Serif, but I don't know if I can heal him fast enough. I also want to become a support class with a little bit of an edge in damage dealing. I did not want to go solo dungeon diving anyway. Merrilee it is."

After Rio selects his Eidolon, a ball of light appears next to him. A few seconds later, the ball of light changes into a humanoid creature. It was a small little girl around one meter tall. She has pink hair that she tied into a twin tail. She is wearing a pink one-piece dress with white color on the upper part and light purple on the bottom part. She is also wearing pink and purple high heels and white stockings.

"Hai! You must be my new master! Greetings! My name is Merrilee! It is nice to meet you, master!"

"Nice to meet you too, Merrilee. My name is Rio Renaldi, and please call me Rio. Master is a little bit… too much."

"Hehehehe. No can do! You are the Envoy of Gaia after all!"

"Ah, yeah. Speaking of Envoy of Gaia, can you tell me about it?"

"Choose one! The one blessed by mother nature. That is the Envoy of Gaia. They are the ones chosen by this very planet to make some change. Be it for the worse or for good; they will make some change. Don't worry! Whichever path you choose, I will accompany you, master!"

"But why me? I'm nothing but an ordinary human."

"Nope~ You are special, master! When I got summoned, I caught a glimpse of your soul. Your soul is like a miniature sun, and it shines brightly."

Rio looks at his new Eidolon in confusion. He did not know that his soul had gone through a change that strengthened his soul. The void itself has forged his soul that passes through the barrier between the omniverse into something formidable.

Only the most powerful soul attack can hurt Rio's soul, and even then, it needs multiple attempts to break his soul.

"Anyway! You should see your stats, master!"

"Ah, yeah."

Rio quickly opened up his stats, and to his surprise, it was completely different from a regular stats menu.

RIO RENALDI LV 1
HP 351/351
Offensive Stats
CRIT LV 0 2.58%
SPD LV 0 2.58%
Offensive Point 0
Defensive Stats
DEF LV 0 5.16%
EVA LV 0 7.16%
Defensive Point 0
Extra Stats
CRIT DAMAGE 130% (Total damage)
MANA 100%
MOVEMENT SPEED 100%

The system is entirely different. If the previous system only showed the user physical and magical power, this one gives a little more information than the previous system.

Congratulations on completing your character!
Your beginner equipment will be transferred in your inventory
You will be transported into Training Dungeon in 3… 2… 1…

"Wait. What?"

Before he could do anything, Rio got transported into a dungeon.

1