Chapter SS 2: Hunter’s Dilemma
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    If someone were to have told me that I was going to be hunting with a group of special forces looking for some girl I would have told them they were crazy and needed to stop listening to those Democrats. Special Forces for one girl? Really!? That was before. It wasn't until I had realized that all the animals in Amy's Woods were acting strange that I might have started believing. Everything was hunting one another. Deer were scarce and hunters were being mauled by bears and wolves and even coyotes and foxes. Such unusual behavior.

      That was until we found most of the deer we put trackers on were located in a cave and that cave was avoided like the plague. Then some of the predators we put trackers on started following something. Definitely following something since whatever they were following was killing. Soon it became pretty clear what was happening.

      Something moved here not too long ago and started hunting the deer in the woods and eventually scared them so much that they all moved to Amy's Valley. Afterward, predators started attacking this thing and all of them died until a clear pecking order came into play. Eventually, the thing started leaving some bodies behind. At first, we didn't know why...until someone realized it was for the predators following it. It wasn't letting its prey die out.

      The thought was terrifying. It was smart. However, it wasn't smart enough. The ecosystem in Amy's Woods was gone. And there might even be a chance that the creature is moving out of its normal hunting grounds and into the surrounding area. If we let that happen then the entire ecosystem of all the animals is in danger. And if it ever gets to a town…

      So here I was, standing in front of a cave. I was alone since as the best hunter around I had the best chance to take images and make it out alive. The cave had a small entrance between a bunch of rocks, indicating a cave in. Blood was on the ground and a clear trail of it leading in. I looked inside. It was dark but light enough to see. I entered.

      I knew I had a great chance to die but I felt alive. Here I was in the home of the Terror Of The Woods. A predator so terrifying that grizzly bears fall in line. And inside was...what looked to be a house?

      On the floor in the main cavern was a bed made of scraps of fur and pelt surrounded by skulls of animals. One of them is human. On the wall next to the bed was a dirty and bloodied grey tank top, grey shorts, and white underwear. The words "my clothes" were clawed underneath them. Doting the cavern floor was a bunch of strange symbols. In a corner was a bunch of animal remains, probably food for later. There was so much of it that it could feed a small army. But that wasn't the strangest feature.

      Next to the bed frozen solid was a pretty girl with short brown hair. The left side of her was eaten but not by much. After snapping pictures I just shook my head. What the hell is this!?

      One of my sensors went off suddenly. I placed them around outside of the cave so I would get a warning in case the creature comes back. It might just be a bird or a passing animal but I would take no chance. I dove into the animal remains and buried myself.

      I left a small space for myself that I can peek out of and clicked record on my camera. At first, nothing happened. Then in a flash, something on all fours ran into the cave. It began sniffing the air until it looked at the pile.

"Something entered my cave."

      I nearly let out a gasp. The figure soon began to take shape. It was humanoid for sure. It was also a girl. She was naked and on all fours but like a lizard or a lion. It looked...natural.

        Glowing red eyes scanned the pile and the sound, tic tac, filled the cave. It was coming from her fingernails-Nah, claws. They were long and sharp and coated in blood. Her skin was white like snow but it wasn't exactly human but not entirely human either and she had silk-looking but rough white hair. Black rigid spikes ran down her back and her mouth was wider than a normal human. She had large fangs covering her bottom lip, giving her the impression that she is constantly giving off a toothy smile. When she talked her mouth was full of razor-sharp teeth. But despite all that, she looked human.

      The girl blinked and a little bit of purple mixed in with her glowing red eyes before she walked closer and started sniffing the pile.

"The remains smell delicious! Probably because I ate those goats. Bak, they tasted terrible. Guess I have a in...inqui…"

      The girl let out a growl, a terrible albeit somewhat childish noise before rearing up on two legs and raking her claws down on the wall above me, no doubt making marks.

"Stupid big words! I can't even make a joke!"

      She went silent for a minute before turning and going back on all fours. She walked up to the girl trapped in ice and rubbed against it.

"I need help, Selicia. You always knew what to do.  If you were in my position you would remember those big words."

      The girl let out a sigh before laying down curled up beside Selicia.

"At least I remember what I love you means."

      I waited until I heard the subtle sound of a growling snore. The girl was asleep. I had no idea what she is but she was probably human at some point. I thought of getting up and escaping but I had a feeling she would wake up if I got up so instead I waited. Just me and my thoughts and a girl who made even grizzly bears fear her.

4