Chapter SS 2 Part 2: Hunter’s Dilemma
136 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      I couldn't help myself. When she gave me a warm smile as she said, '"Really? Thank you, John!"' It reminded me of my daughter. Even in that form.

      I saw her coming thanks to the water canteen I had. It was clear and smooth metal so it had a reflection. It was in that reflection that I saw two red glowing eyes staring at me with a rather puzzled expression on a tree branch. I could only assume she realized something left her cave and tracked me down.

      I don't know why I said it but I did. I called out that I wasn't a monkey. In a flash, she was gone and I heard her voice somewhere to my left. After I managed to coax her out I was surprised when she was almost directly in front of me. Her appearance did not help. I noticed before when she was in the tree but she had full control of her tail. I was surprised to see one day when I woke up a tail growing out of her back above her butt while she was sleeping. When she woke up she wasn't even aware of it. I assumed while she was hunting she realized what she had and mastered using it.

      At first when she said she felt pleasure when she hunts and kills I was angry. After she explained herself I understood her better. But regardless she was unaware of the dying ecosystem. If I told her though she could try and hold back if she were to suddenly starve and blackout...it is very possible some humans will disappear.

        I found myself fascinated at how skilled she was at tracking and how she hunts not by smelling the animal but by the smell of their blood. It reminded me that once again I wasn't talking to a girl who was human anymore. Her black and grey fangs sticking out of her mouth and her black sharp teeth as well as her greyish white skin and long black and grey claws should have made that obvious. I noticed this before but she didn't have breasts when out hunting but once she settled down her skin got a more human-like appearance and her skin turned to the color of snow and her breasts returned.

          Then she mentioned her plan to get back into society. When I asked how she flicked her tail into view and stared at it, her expression became more and more crestfallen until she suddenly brightened and told me her plan. I was sure she just had a crisis. I thought of mentioning her appearance and almost did but stopped myself. If I did that she would most certainly break down. I also had a feeling she didn't know what she looked like.

        She was most definitely dangerous but she still had humanity. The only two dangers that I could think of is if she was provoked or if she happened to starve. Keeping her out here wouldn't be a good idea either. She is running out of prey and once she does she'll move outwards and eventually stumble upon humans...and the rest should be obvious. I don't know her durability but she has taken down everything she comes across. Bullets may not be effective against her. Then again, if she goes back into society it will be after she gets studied by the government. There is no way she would just be allowed to walk on free. Not with her appearance and biology anyway. For all I know, she might be trapped for life or killed. But letting her run free out here is dangerous. She will start killing humans once the food is gone. If I wanted to save lives this is the best choice.

      I'm sorry Ellie but I have to give this information to that woman. I'm pretty sure Selicia is the name of her daughter after all.

3