One Shot #1
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ 2nd POV | MAINLY 3rd POV ]

=========================

......

There is a storm on that day.

......

There is a young man who wears a black long sleeve paired with dark blue jeans, standing in the middle of the street, who is now drenched because of the heavy rain.

He was thinking of something. Something that could save him from his life full of despair.

There's no traffic in the streets because there aren't many vehicles out when it's raining, so he just stand there, looking like a person who has lost all hope.

He was waiting for his salvation to come. But since the street was empty, he stayed there for hours.

......

He waited, and waited. But nothing still came. Even so, he still stood there, hoping for a chance that will help him to escape reality.

......

There was a low pitch sound that could be heard, it was probably the sound of a big truck. The sound can be heard more clearly as minutes passed, it must be near now.

......

The truck is now in the range of sight of the man, and he could now be seen that is filled with hope in his eyes.

What was he looking for? Why is he suddenly filled with hope? Why did he stand in the middle of the street for hours, only to wait for something to come? What is he aiming for? 

No one knows the answer, as only the man himself knows what's going on in his own mind.

......

Before the truck came closer, there was a dirty and weak-looking girl who is wearing a loose shirt in the left side of the street, walking towards the other side, but the little girl has yet to reach the middle, and she still has to walk alot more before she can finally reach the other side.

Seeing this, the man is now concerned about the girl because the truck is now closing in on them.

He hesitated. Not because he is heartless, but because he is also thinking of his own circumstances. If he save her, he wouldn't get the chance of escaping his reality. But if he doesn't save her, then there's a chance that they both will escape, or that she would only be the one to escape reality.

There's no time for him to decide, as the truck is getting much closer every second. The man realizes this, and quickly made a move without his own accord. He only acted by his own instinct.

He didn't plan it, but because he is already moving, there's no going back. So he only focused on saving the girl in the heat of the moment.

The little girl at that time has now reached the middle, but the truck is already behind her. While she didn't realize this, the man has already reached her, so the man has jumped in and grabbed the girl out of the way of the truck.

......

That was too close, if he had moved a little bit slower or even just a late second, one of them could already be gone, or both. 

Well, that doesn't matter anymore, as he already succeeded in saving the girl, and he himself. He wouldn't call that he saved himself though. 

But he didn't regret his decision, as he reached a conclusion in his mind that other people's lives is more precious that his own salvation that could end up both of their lives at stake, and that he shouldn't involve other people in his own selfishness.

At that day, he became a little more selfless, and he also decided to raise the little girl by his own and took care of her as if it was his own daughter.

=========================

One Shot | Story #1

  — by Devil —

1